Options
    :star:
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    qgioqa7i7trd.jpeg
    7ffuu33aps2i.jpeg
    kn3mp8kii8zg.jpeg

My kids Godmother wrapped the ones for the front of the tree for us(Call her Sister since my Dad helped raise her after her single mom was hospitalized along time y after healing up ! Gallbladder rupture then she waited to find homes for the kids before going in since Ex was an abuser that’s who the hospital said they would be placed with if their was no home for them before hand ....so infection!!! )

Ziplock sealing clothes for JR to grow into sz 10+ yrs so far vacuum keeps getting hot so a bag at a time then rest it.

Amber Tx
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Hugs Allie, I wish nothing but positives for you!πŸ’–
    πŸ’–Rebecca
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    πŸ˜‰
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,677 Member
    Options
    janetr I’m so sorry, my heart is with you
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,677 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

no gym workout today, went to work early

bike ride hm 2 gym, windy- 8.38min, 11.1amph, 136mhr, 1.59mi= 92c
    apple watch- 64c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.41min, 15.4amph, 131mhr, 1.46mi= 62c
    apple watch- 48c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 16.43min, 11amph, 147mhr, 3.05mi= 164c
    apple watch- 97c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.32min, 10.08min mi, 140mhr, .54mi= 64c
    apple watch- 58c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.35min, 146mhr, 10.13min mi, .44mi= 63c
    apple watch- 57c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 20.36min, 7.6amph, 147mhr, 2.61mi= 207c
    apple watch- 128c

total cal 652
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    The days are flying by. My daughter sent me a 10 day forecast for CO and so far it looks good.
    Janetr- you are in my heart. Thinking good thoughts for your daughter.
    Kelly- omg, so glad Miguel is ok. He looks so much like his big brother.
    Karen- your Christmas memory of your Mom sound alot like mine. My mom was the choir director at our church
    So she had to put on the Christmas contata and the after party at our house.
    Wish I had taken notes as I read but I didn’t.
    Allie- sorry to hear about your fall and hope you are feeling better. Keeping my fingers crossed for the job. You would be perfect for that job.
    My eyes are tired so better sign off.
    SusyQ- that was what my dad called me.

Suebdew in TX
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,974 Member
    Options
    :)Allie, I'm thinking good thoughts for your job application. That would be a perfect setting for you.

<3janetr, sorry about your daughter's struggles.

<3 Barbie
  • sashaspiegel
    sashaspiegel Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I've been on and off MFP several times. Works great when I am writing everything down. Luckily I'm still not back up to the weight I had when I first started 18 months ago, but I"ve slowly gained back. I only have 4 lbs to get to my goal weight, it's just hard to keep it going. Seems to always creep back up. I'm giving myself until Jan15th to get back to my goal weight. I have a trip planned to sail boat race in the philippines the first week of Feb. The plan is to get to goal weight, and once back from the philippines to continue to write everything I eat down until my birthday September 5th so I can maintain the weight for the long term.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    πŸ˜΄πŸ’€
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rori: You are doing what is best for your DH. It is time for the VA to take care of him, & I think they will do a good job. I hope this will reduce your stress and give you a bit of rest and freedom from constant worry. Let us know how it goes. ❀️❀️❀️❀️

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,879 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,128 Member
    Options
    All I want for Christmas is to feel carefree and live my best life. Can't do it and keep DH healthy and happy at home. Sounds selfish, but tomorrow I am going to ask my VA social worker how to get started with getting DH placed in assisted living. Won't be easy, but nothing about dementia is. Home respite care is an option we already tried a couple years ago, and it didn't work for us, so I think this is next best step. Wish me luck.

Rori
    SMILING from lips, eyes and heart
    Colorado Foothills

I'm sorry to hear this, but I think you're doing the right thing. {{hug}} He'll get the care he needs and you'll get a piece of your life back. But it's hard.

This is a very real possibility for my future too, with my husband. It's one of the reasons I've increased the speed of my progress through my degree and hope to get to the decluttering and organising soon. I'm thinking it will make the eventual transition into assisted living for him and a small apartment for me easier.

I'm also strongly considering a move back to Canada in a few years so I can be closer to my family. Most are in various locations in BC so that would probably be where I'd look to move ... but it might depend on what I could get for work.

M in Oz

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,331 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Rori - You are ABSOLUTELY doing the right thing. <3<3<3 My thoughts are with you as you proceed along this bumpy route. Transition is always hard, but you have the rest of your life ahead of you. You have done everything you could, now it is your time. Life is short, short, short. Sometime may never come. Love you. :love:

Heather UK xxxxxxxx