jog wrk 2 sta- 4.57min, 10.50min mi, .45mi= didn’t record
    apple watch- 60c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 20.56min, 7.7amph, 2.69mi= 200c estimate
    apple watch- 129c

total cal 654
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Lol Rebecca already happened to me every pregnancy! Lol Good one!

Today right in calories only 9 over! Feel good about all my choices

Brunch 90cal Tilapia with salad: spinach leaves,Walden Salad Dressing 0 cal ,y Apple 🍎 sweet .Crystal Light 5cal tea

Dinner 1/2 cheese sandwich with 8 tortilla chips cooked in airfryer with cheese sauce to dip .Crystal light tea

2 -70cal fudge pops
    1 package BeVita breakfast bar

Hubby meal together late 90cal tilapia with side dish minds blank mid thought but it was last of calories. 2 zero cal Gatorade

Amber Tx

JR picked up the living room without being asked!!! Even the couch pillows he put up!!!
    He drew his 1st circle today finally!

He also figured out how to unlatch the top lock on the door 🚪 y kicked the ball into the tree after I said No stared me down... so think he was trying to earn them brownie points back!
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Yes, it does get cold in TX.
    Rori- you are wise to start planning and learning what your options are concerning your DH. Sometimes the facilities have waiting lists. Is there a VA hospital in Denver? Sending hugs and wishes for strength and resilience for you.
    Rita- sorry you are going through a rough time. Stay strong and know we are here for you.
    Good night pals.
    SueBDew in TX
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

Michele – If Denise is having anxiety about traveling with the baby, why don’t you fly to her and then travel with them to your home? You’d be a hero and get some extra grandma time.

Flea - For the impossible to give to, I do homemade gift cards for experiences, so maybe to take mom for a pedicure and lunch? Or to a musical event or a play?

Rori – I agree with everyone else, this is one of those tough decisions, that we all hope we don’t have to face, but a care facility will keep him safe, and allow you to stay physically and mentally well so you can continue to visit and care for him in that way.

Someone asked about cookies, yes Mom and I made our cookies – we did not get as many done as we usually do, I have some to make on my own. We did 106 dozen and I’ll need 8-10 dozen more. I have my outside lights to do, and may do it tomorrow, then also need to put my tree up. I’m about ½ done with Christmas gifts, a few ordered that are not here, a couple more to finish and one at least to order. The cards are addressed and the letter printed now I just need to sign add a quick note on a few and get them out the door.

Smiles Kim
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Happy Holidays and Amazing New Year to the + Group! Be more in the New Year!☺
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,869 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,

Michele – If Denise is having anxiety about traveling with the baby, why don’t you fly to her and then travel with them to your home? You’d be a hero and get some extra grandma time.

Smiles Kim

Yes ... instead of 3 presents for everyone, go there and do things like baking cookies together, going to the lights festival and singing carols. It would be a present for you, Michele, and your help would be a present for Denise. :)

M in Oz

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Kim – the reason we can’t fly to Denise is because Vince does A LOT of decorating for the holidays. We can’t leave with the computer controllers outside. What we’d have to do (in one week or even less) is bring in all the extension cords, the inflatables, the blowmolds, the controllers, the blocks, take down the arches, the lights on the arches, put them away so that we can at least get one car in a garage (in the meantime, we need to dry out the inflatables). I hope I’ve covered everything. The reason she says that she’s having the anxiety is because “it’s such a long trip” and she wouldn’t be able to hold PJ since he’d have to be in the carseat. We’ve tried explaining to her that air travel with a baby is very difficult. I flew to FL when Jess was an infant and I swore that I would never do it again. Now I was willing to make a two DAY trip with 3 little children, and this was pre-9/11, before airlines jammed everyone into a plane (there are no extra seats) and gave you less room. To drive up to her (at least 9 hours) then we’d have to turn around and drive another 9 hours back. Plus, how does she get her car here? Are you saying that we drive another 9 hours to take her back and then another 9 to get home? I don’t know that she’d be any less anxious having us drive or Pete. I really do think she just wants to take the easy way out and that’s not to come. Going to Iowa put us back so we’re scurrying to get the decorating done. Mother nature has not exactly cooperated, but at least it isn’t snowing.

This afternoon made the pierogi then made M&M cookies while Vince was at shooting tonight and put them in the freezer. Need to go to Aldi to get things for the bowling Christmas party, so I’ll get eggs and probably make the one other kind of cookie. I’m not particularly fond of the ginger cookies but if I make them, I can give the leftovers to the gal at the Y.

M – Denise doesn’t do any cooking. Believe me. She would rather buy something at the store. For example, a year or two ago she was working with middleschoolers. Anyway, I made her a cake for her birthday and sent it to her. It was a litterbox cake. If you’ve never heard of it, the cake is crumbled up to look like litter. You take tootsie rolls (the small ones) and microwave them a bit just to soften them and shape them into “poops”. You bury them in the “litter” and drape some over the sides. You serve it in a litterbox and use a litter scoop to serve it. It’s a large cake and I would think that middleschoolers would find eating “poops” to be cool. But she went to WalMart and got a decorated cookie. When I was there when PJ was born, I don’t think in 2 weeks she did any cooking. No, I take that back. One time she made some pasta (even Vince can do that) and she heated up a pizza in the oven. That’s IT. Of course, it took her a while to ask me if I would even like some of the pizza. One time she didn’t even ask me. Most of the time I was on my own to make my own meals. Make breakfast? Surely you jest...lol She'd grab a pre-make donut. She would go out and buy something like from Burger King (yuk). One time she invited me to go out to Ruby Tuesdays. And bake????? When I went up there, I swore the stove/oven had never been used. And they’d lived in that townhouse for a few months. I had to buy sugar so I doubt she even has ingredients to make cookies. Sure, I can buy all the ingredients, but I know that she’d rather go to the store and buy cookies rather than make them. She’s done that. I know she has cookie sheets, but I don’t know (I don’t think) she has silicone mats (I love mine). She didn’t have any non-cook spray when I was there -- I had to buy that. She didn’t even have aluminum foil – I had to buy that. Something like her coming here absolutely can be done -- it just takes a little planning, that's all. When our kids were little, we didn't have the computer controllers outside and the computer inside. We didn't have 7 trees.

Michele in NC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Michele Your Christmas yard sounds so interesting! Have you posted a photo yet? I'd love to see what it looks like! t78019.gif
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Michele Or maybe a video?
  • Machka9
    Options
    We went through these 30 Days of Gratitude in November last year. Feel free to join in whenever you'd like ...

mozs13csyrr4.png

All right ... it's mid November and this will take us through to mid December ... just in time for Christmas!! :)

Day 1 - November 15 - Smell: My sense of smell is limited and my husband no longer has a sense of smell (or taste) since his accident. However, I can catch a faint scent from the roses and freesias he has grown, which are all coming into bloom.

I'm thankful that he has been able to garden and that we have so many lovely flowers and veggies growing and blooming. :)

Day 2 - November 16 - Technology: My laptop, my phone, email, facebook ... the fact that technology exists! :) It's what I do ... it's what I learn ... it's how I communicate with family and friends.

Day 3 - November 17 - Colour: Well ... I'm thankful for the bright colours on my table. Especially since this spring has been quite gloomy. They make me smile. :)

Day 4 - November 18 - Food: I'm thankful for my weekday lunches ... chicken, rice and veg. :)

Day 5 - November 19 - Sound: How applicable! I just got my laptop connected to my stereo!! I am appreciating the nice soothing music in the evenings. :)

Day 6 - November 20 - Nature: All of it! I am very thankful that there is nature ... animals and plants, water, rocks, mountains, hills, all of it. I'm glad I live in a place where I can see and experience nature. I couldn't live in the middle of a large city. My ideal would be in a small town or right on the edge of a larger one so I could be surrounded by countryside in seconds.

Day 7 - November 21 - Memory: I'm thankful for memory. I'm thankful that my husband has some of his memory - he's pretty good at past memories and procedural memories. I'm glad he didn't lose that. I'm also thankful that, with a bit of effort, I've been able to improve my memory a bit. I've discovered that if I focus and work at it, I can remember people's names at least some of the time! I've had to be my husband's memory.

Day 8 - November 22 - Book: Most grateful ... the Bible. It's been a comfort to me, especially in recent times.

Also grateful for books in general.

The last 18 months I've switched to reading "children's" books. I've also found them comforting.

Day 9 - November 23 - Place: I'm thankful for my bed!! Although I'm not there nearly as much as I'd like to be, my bed has become one of my favourite places to be. There I can lose myself in books or sleep. :heart:

That said, I need to get a new pillow. Might have to see about doing that tomorrow if possible.

Day 10 - November 24 - Taste! Well, there are only 4 of them: salt, sweet, bitter, sour, and I've written them in order of preference. :)

I am thankful I have all 4 but I wish my husband did again.

Day 11 - November 25 - Holiday: How appropriate ... one month before Christmas. :) Christmas is my favourite public holiday. I'm love the music, the decorations, the food, the Christmas Carol evenings, the lights, and the celebration of Jesus birth. I'm thankful that we have a Christmas holiday.

As for holidays in general, I enjoy any opportunity to a) take time off work, and b) travel. I'm very thankful I live and work in Australia where I get quite a decent amount of holiday time. :)

Day 12 - November 26 - Texture: Smooth. Since the measles (?) in 2016, I need to wear very smooth clothes. I've been thankful to find such things at a good price.

And the soft texture of the fur of kitties. :)

Day 13 - November 27 - Abilities: I am very thankful for my organisational skills. I don't know how I would have survived with the past 20 months without them!!

Deep breath ...

Day 14 - November 28 - Sight: What sight am I grateful for?

The sight of all the roses and other flowers in our garden. :)
    The view from our dining room window out over the water. :)
    The beach my bus goes by morning and evening ... sometimes there is sea wildlife out there. I've seen dolphins, a stingray and a whale! :)
    The mountain behind the city. :)

Psalm 121
    A song of ascents.
    1 I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
    where does my help come from?
    2 My help comes from the Lord,
    the Maker of heaven and earth.

Day 15 - November 29 - Season: Summer. I'm always thankful for summer! The warmth. The long daylight hours. I come alive in summer. :) One more day till summer!

Day 16 - November 30 - My Body: I'm thankful for my brain and my legs. My brain, because it often has to be a brain for two of us now and although it fails me now and then, I'm so glad things like my memory seem to have improved. And my legs because they are what carry me around and allow me to do things like cycling and running.

Day 17 - December 1 - Knowledge: Coincidentally, my current course is Knowledge Management. :) I appreciate everything I've learned through formal education, experience, and life in general. I'm especially thankful for being at a point where I feel reasonably comfortable around computers ... but can still learn more! Even just today, I learned how to add contacts into my phone.

Day 18 - December 2 - Piece of Art: Hmmm ... I am thankful for my sister-in-law's art and gifts to us. :) She has given us paintings, wood carvings, and vases.

One of her vases ...
    wxw16qqq2dk4.png

Day 19 - December 3 - Touch: My husband's hugs! There were a few months when I thought I'd never have his hugs again. His hugs were one thing I dreamt about during those months.

Day 20 - December 4 - Who in my life am I grateful for? My parents ... who have been so supportive of me through all I've done and been through. I love them both and hope that one day, in a few years, we'll be able to live closer to them again. :heart:

Day 21 - December 5 - What song am I grateful for? This is a really difficult one. I like music of all sorts!! And what I listen to on a particular day largely depends on my mood. I'm just generally thankful for music! :)

Day 22 - December 6 - What story am I grateful for? The Christmas story is special. And the little stories that make up our lives ... "Remember when ... " :)

Day 23 - December 7 - Tradition. Hmmm ... I don't do a lot of traditions, I don't think. My birthday weekend might be a new tradition. I've been actively doing that for the 10 years I've lived in Australia. At Christmas, I probably have the most traditions and I am thankful for them for the connections ...

Day 24 - December 8 - Challenge. The biggest challenge of my 52 years of life was when my husband had a workplace accident which resulted in a severe brain injury 20 months ago. I'm struggling to be thankful for that.

Challenges I am more thankful for are all the opportunities I've had to cycle long, long, long, ultra long distances. :) I hope to be able to dabble in that again.

Day 25 - December 9 - Moments This Week. In the 7 days that has passed, I'm probably most thankful for the at-home weekend during which time I was able to finish my first assignment for my current course.

Day 26 - December 10 - Form of Expression. Writing, I think. I write much better than I speak. I'm much more comfortable sitting down and writing something rather than talking to someone. I'd really miss the ability to write.

Day 27 - December 11 - What small thing that I use daily am I thankful for? Lots of things!! But just for fun, I'll say ... my big comb! :grin:

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Today, I picked up half a pineapple ... I've had a craving for fruit lately!! I love pineapple and ate it as my afternoon snack ... and, of course, had my usual allergic reaction to it. I was hoping I might skip that step. :neutral: I know better than to eat pineapple, but I love it!!

However, I think I'll stick to the pears and mangoes for the rest of the week.

M in Oz

Machka, I am so glad I do not have reactions to pineapples! It's one of my favorites. I grow them in my garden from the tops of the fruit. They take about 2-3 years (naturally) and are rather small, but love when I get to eat one from the garden.

You are fortunate!

While I'm eating pineapple, my mouth, area around my mouth, nose, chin and cheeks go all tingly and itchy and a little bit painful, my lips swell up, and my face goes all blotchy. It all happens quite quickly.

3 allergy pills later and I was pretty much OK again.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    “rrolling my eyes so hard they almost lodged in my forehead “ had me on the floor laughing! Beautiful pics, I can almost smell those roses.
    Barbara
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Machka ~ That was some conversation you had with your co-worker! LOL
    Carol in Damp Cold Georgia
    I was giggling as I read your emails…I can hear you saying what you did so patiently as you rolled your eyes until they stuck. 😊 Great photos!
    <3 Luci in WNC

There was silence from that end of things today! :)

He was convinced that I a) had more information than I was letting on and/or b) had done something to either reject the records or cause them to be rejected. For a while there yesterday, he was determined to come to my office and have me show him "everything". I'm really hoping that after repeating myself 101 times that I'm not the one he needed to talk to finally got through!! :lol:

Meanwhile today ...

I dashed into work to try to get some code working, couldn't get it going and had to dash off again.

My husband and I had a brain injury peer support meeting for a couple hours in the morning ... for survivors and carers. It's the first one they've organised so the numbers were rather low, but we're hoping they will pick up in the new year. Nevertheless it was good, especially for my husband, I think. It gives him an opportunity to get out and talk to people. It also gives him a chance to talk and listen to people he can relate to.

Back to work, and got the code working with the help of a work colleague. Afternoon work meeting. Then running more code and putting submissions together. Just got a message that one was rejected for a format error. Some of you might remember or know about fixed length text files ... they're the bane of my existence!! Get one character wrong and they're fired back with a format error. Oh well, I'll have a look at it tomorrow.

I've got to get several more submissions in tomorrow if I can.

Then we've got an AGM to attend with the Brain Injury Association in the evening.

Busy, busy week!

Machka in Oz
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Day 27 - December 11
    I am grateful for my coffee pot. It reminds me I have been granted another day of life.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    =====