WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR DECEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,899 Member
    Options
    Christmas --

I've decorated.
    I've made most of the plans for the Christmas week.
    I'm not sending cards and I'm barely giving gifts.

Then someone at work said that Christmas is 2 weeks today! Wow ... that sneaks up on a person! I think I've got a free lunch hour tomorrow, so I'll see about picking up the Secret Santa gift, some chocolates for my work colleagues, and a few last minute bits and pieces.

But I've got so much work, homework, paperwork etc. leading up to Christmas I can't really think about it until my break starts.

Plus, on Friday morning, I'm having a shingles vax, my second measles vax, and a punch biopsy of a mole.

So I'm not really in the Christmas mood yet.

Maybe I'll put on some Christmas music.

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,225 Member
    Options
    My loving thoughts are with those of you who are finding this time of year difficult. I think it brings up so many subconscious/unconscious issues for all of us. Long buried family histories and wounds are brought to the surface.
    <3<3<3
    One thing is certain - everything changes, all the time. What worked for us once upon a time does not work for our present circumstances.
    Sending love and hugs to everyone. :love:

My brother has at last said he can come over before Christmas. He wants to come next Sunday, which is the day we are having a pub lunch away with DH's elder daughter. I have said, come at 5pm and they will stay the night. Housework and linen washing for me, but I love my brother and his wife. :D I think it might be a takeaway dinner!

I am expecting a mega delivery from Amazon today. I've scheduled all my recent orders for today. :o I buy nearly everything from Amazon, even small things. :embarassed:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    B)
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies, a light and beautiful dusting of snow is making everything twinkle this morning.

Heather I think what you said about this holiday is very insightful.
    My loving thoughts are with those of you who are finding this time of year difficult. I think it brings up so many subconscious/unconscious issues for all of us. Long buried family histories and wounds are brought to the surface.
    <3<3<3
    One thing is certain - everything changes, all the time. What worked for us once upon a time does not work for our present circumstances.
    Sending love and hugs to everyone. :love:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Peace and resilience. NYKAREN
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Machka & SusieQ - I cook but not on holidays anymore! Thanksgiving at my Aunts we get McDonald’s on the way home or eat something easy . Christmas is restaurant foods. (LitterBox cake does sound fun! Some schools tho are so picky tho had a teacher happy I was nice enough to make-healthy cupcakes 🧁 but when asking school heads they said NO due to possible food allergies then were picky about the fact the cupcake paper said Christmas not holidays the teacher had to buy sugary unhealthy cupcakes 🧁 with label intact with ingredients showing).
    I can picture my Daughter becoming Denise I taught her to cook but she feels being a working gal who hates cooking that she rather eat out or get tvdinners to canned soups! Can’t picture my Daughter cooking a Dinner 🥘 for herself or others. She finally getting into cleaning at least. Got an Uncle who’s to proud to accept others food even potluck for family events (definitely explains why Pride is looked down upon even by God). We stopped using his home as much but if we do expect bowls of cereal 🥣, hot dogs 🌭,y soda💥.

SW 195
    CW 150.2 lowest yet 45lb loss

Today eating 🍽 unknown feeling like chili but also like tilapia. Will see the cold making my motivation poof doesn’t help my Way weight kickin my butt! Need to drink some orange juice keep saying that all week got a jug going to waste of healthy vitamins!

Amber Tx

JRs getting off/on constipated thinking a growth spurts coming again (hormones seem to do it to him). Luckily got sz 7 clothes ready in case! . Waiting until after Christmas to organize the house can’t finish it all until then.

Thinking Luby’s for Christmas Day with the family. 2 yr old aiming for tree y present is hard enough.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😊
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,558 Member
    Options
    Uuuu
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,931 Member
    Options
    <3
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Pineapple - I had issues with fresh pineapple in the past. Someone in Hawaii said to rinse it after you peel it and it won't bother me...it worked. I can eat it without the tingling now. Thankfully. I love it.

We are off to Mexico for a diving vacation this month. Travel is our Christmas gift to each other. It is much better than more stuff. We try to go somewhere every year for the holidays. We rarely buy each other gifts, but we take each other on trips. The gift is the other person does the planning!

Hugs to all who need them. December is tough for many. Thinking of you.

Tina in CA
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Hello Ladies!

So ... I had 6 month blood labs and a physical this week. I follow Dr. Bert Herring's Fast-5/AC: The Power of Appetite Correction ... which is a fasting program (not severe calorie restriction) that encourages a "fasting" period of 19 hours and a window of eating that is 5 hours. Lots of science behind this but that's not the point today. After living this way for almost a full year, I have released 25 pounds and my labs across the board have improved with my glucose levels showing the most improvement. My doctor was thrilled today. I am thrilled as the last couple of months have been slow going with the weight loss. Improved health is just as important as weight loss so I plan to continue this lifestyle. It suits me.

Beth near Buffalo where it has been snowing ...

Beth this is so wonderful and I will repeat my favorite sentence from above Improved health is just as important as weight loss!!!

Love it!

NYKAREN
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rori: It seems that you have a good plan for DH's care at home for the present time and strategies for the future. Yay! :heart:

Luci in WNC: I agree with you about the value of the internet for staying in touch with loved ones who are far away. My kids are literally thousands of miles from here. :ohwell:

Rebecca: Laughing with you—"When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but 10 extra pounds on hips thighs & rear.“ I am right with you—but this will not happen because we can make healthy choices and be diligent with portion control. :bigsmile: (PS: Leave the batteries in your scale, but remember that you don’t have to step on it unless you want to.) :laugh:

Lisa: “Asset Reliability Manager”—Perfect! Corey seems to have found a good work situation. :star:

Heather UK: Amazon is amazing. We shop for groceries and hardware locally, but the Amazon delivery truck is a frequent visitor in our neighborhood for other items. :flowerforyou:

Margaret: Like you, neither of our adult children & their families will be with us for the holidays this year. I also enjoy decorating, and we are getting ready to bring in our tree. It is in the garage acclimatizing to inside temps. Our tree is named for her species. Alberta (Spruce) is 4’1.5” tall from bottom of pot to tip of tree. We’ve had this tree in our house each Christmas for ten or eleven years. It will sit on a glass topped carved wooden chest in our living room during the holidays. Many garden centers carry potted trees. There are some small Alberta Spruce trees for sale outside at Walmart this very week. One live tree is enough for us. I have many small artificial trees that are still in the attic waiting for me to get busy with decorating. :smiley:

I had a city meeting last night, and tonight I have a meeting with my equestrian friends. I’d like to invite one or two of the equestrian friends to see the Christmas Ships parade with us this coming weekend, but DH is not feeling social. He is willing to invite our niece. It is getting a bit late, but I’ll encourage him to go ahead with the invitation. Our son hoped we’d also invite a few of his friends, but DH is not feeling that well.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Rori: It seems that you have a good plan for DH's care at home for the present time and strategies for the future. Yay! :heart:

Luci in WNC: I agree with you about the value of the internet for staying in touch with loved ones who are far away. My kids are literally thousands of miles from here. :ohwell:

Rebecca: Laughing with you—"When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but 10 extra pounds on hips thighs & rear.“ I am right with you—but this will not happen because we can make healthy choices and be diligent with portion control. :bigsmile: (PS: Leave the batteries in your scale, but remember that you don’t have to step on it unless you want to.) :laugh:

Lisa: “Asset Reliability Manager”—Perfect! Corey seems to have found a good work situation. :star:

Heather UK: Amazon is amazing. We shop for groceries and hardware locally, but the Amazon delivery truck is a frequent visitor in our neighborhood for other items. :flowerforyou:

Margaret: Like you, neither of our adult children & their families will be with us for the holidays this year. I also enjoy decorating, and we are getting ready to bring in our tree. It is in the garage acclimatizing to inside temps. Our tree is named for her species. Alberta (Spruce) is 4’1.5” tall from bottom of pot to tip of tree. We’ve had this tree in our house each Christmas for ten or eleven years. It will sit on a glass topped carved wooden chest in our living room during the holidays. Many garden centers carry potted trees. There are some small Alberta Spruce trees for sale outside at Walmart this very week. One live tree is enough for us. I have many small artificial trees that are still in the attic waiting for me to get busy with decorating. :smiley:

I had a city meeting last night, and tonight I have a meeting with my equestrian friends. I’d like to invite one or two of the equestrian friends to see the Christmas Ships parade with us this coming weekend, but DH is not feeling social. He is willing to invite our niece. It is getting a bit late, but I’ll encourage him to go ahead with the invitation. Our son hoped we’d also invite a few of his friends, but DH is not feeling that well.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Oooh ok, I will leave the batteries in.👍. What if I lie on the bathroom floor, and BALANCE the scale on my feet?? That might be fun!💖
    Rebecca just bein silly.😜😁
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😊