December 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Good thing I met all my goals and got my Christmas stuff done early. Since I've been throwing up all night :( I'm just gonna stay in bed today and read this thread.

Oh noes! Sorry to hear, hope you get to feeling better soon.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    Do y'all eat before running or go on an empty stomach? On shorter runs, like 3 miles, I don't eat and I'm fine...never an issue. Never....but I've always eaten on longer runs out of anxiety that I will feel awful, and not out of hunger. On Sunday I ate and then ran too far from the house and had to run back. I felt like I had a huge air bubble sitting at the top of my stomach that a good burp would have fixed...but, anyway not trying to be gross but I'm curious... thank y'all...I wanted to add that it's only the second time in 4 years that I felt ill while running but if anyone does longer runs fresh out of bed on an empty stomach, then I'll give it a shot too... thanks again, y'all! It's supposed to be 73 degrees tomorrow and we're not celebrating Christmas until Thursday (opening presents) and dinner with loved ones on Friday. So I want to get out and run a long one tomorrow...

I generally don't eat before running. Obviously I can't do this for normal daily runs, but I fast for about 20 hrs. before races if possible. Then I take loperamide and simethicone, sometimes also calcium carbonate... I get debilitating runner's stomach when running.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone (yes, it is Christmas here and I've been up for two hours already - small girls were too excited to wait until 6am!).

Hoping to head out for a run soon - it's cool and overcast here but has the potential to warm up to be a hot and humid day. Early is good. Also, in-laws are descending at lunchtime so now's good.

Hubby bought me a plane ticket to Melbourne, Australia so I can run the Great Ocean Road half marathon in May (or visit and shop with my girlfriend who lives there, or both) so woohoo. He also got me a whole lot of Lululemon vouchers so I can see some new running shorts and sports bras in my very near future!

He also turned the oven on yesterday afternoon to cook the girls' dinner but forgot that the pavlova was in there cooling - they really don't like being reheated! Fortunately I had the extra eggs and sugar and they're a doddle to make so not a huge disaster. And on that note, I think I'll get the second one out now before he decides to turn the oven on to cook the turkey!

Merry Christmas!

I was on call last night, so was called in at 2am, fortunately was only there for an hr so back in bed at 3am. Kids slept in till about 730am!! Couldn't believe it! I was awake before them.

We opened the santa sacks, and presents, then I went for a 5.4k run! Like @ContraryMaryMary it's cool and overcast, perfect for a good run. So wonderful.

Now it's 10am, I'm at the in laws, DH and MIL are cooking lunch, SIL is playing with the kids, and I'm just relaxing! Perfect Christmas (I did all the baking a few days ago, so my part is done)

Oh @ContraryMaryMary I'm going to be in Melbourne that weekend as well! But I'm going for conference so no marathon for me lol. I did sign up to do the conference run on Saturday morning, so that will be fun. So annoying about the Pav!

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Pic I attempted to attach above
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @LoveyChar I think the general wisdom is that most untrained people have about an hour to 90 minutes of stored glucose they can use to exercise fasted, while training can increase that. In my case I’m taking metformin which interferes with the release of stored glucose among other things so I need to eat something even for short runs. My husband is good up to 10k unless it’s a really strenuous trail 10k, but needs a little something like gummies after that.

I’m getting better but still sick! Stopped up head and drainage down my throat. My husband is sick too, about a day behind me. But we got out last night for a 5 mile wog around the neighborhood anyway, and ran most of 3 miles. I’ve been continuing to lift on lifting days, and having a cold hasn’t seemed to affect my lifting much, I just can’t quite manage to run when I can’t breathe!

I’m still reading everyone’s posts, just haven’t had much energy to formulate replies. @PastorVincent the pillow saga made me laugh out loud.

Small Christmas miracle, everything we ordered online for Christmas arrived in time to be wrapped with a day to spare! Usually our “gifts” contain numerous cards with photos of what was still in the mail. Our big family Christmas meal is Christmas morning breakfast, blessedly low-stress. My husband and I are having a private special meal tonight of lamb chops and asparagus and a big salad.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas all you people down under!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas all you people down under!

Merry Christmas to all our upside-down friends!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Dec 2 – 5.11 miles
    Dec 4 – 5.06 miles
    Dec 7 – 10.03 miles
    Dec 9 – 5.11 miles
    Dec 11 – 5.06 miles
    Dec 14 – 3.22 (Dream Run 5k)
    Dec 15 – 13.26 miles (Santa Hustle)
    Dec 16 – 3.5 miles
    Dec 18 – 5.45 miles
    Dec 20 – 5.53 miles
    Dec 21 – 9.89 miles
    Dec 23 – 4.53 miles
    Dec 24 – 3.07 miles
    Total – 78.82/100 miles

Just a short run today after visiting with a couple of cousins.

Merry Christmas everyone!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,960 Member
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary Sounds like you scored some really great gifts! Have a great rest of your Christmas.

• greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options

Just catching up my log. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
    Dec 1 - No run, no anything
    Dec 2 - 30 min walk with dh/28 min 2 mile RUN on treadmill which was 1.5 mile at 4mph and then I sped up to 5 and 6mph for the last half mile because I thought I was never going to finish going 4mph
    Dec 3 - short dog walks and some other walking then 5k RUN outside which took me 33:06 (there is a huge disparity in my outdoor running speed and my comfort level on the treadmill)
    Dec 4 - took a 6000 steps walk while on the clock
    Dec 5 - 2 mile RUN on treadmill
    Dec 6 - Walked my dogs and then ran around like crazy getting ready to host a youth Christmas party at my church
    Dec 7 -RAN 3.5 miles, also walked dogs, then jumped on the treadmill for a late night slow walk because I flat out ate too much
    Dec 8 - Laziest day I've had in a long time, didn't even walk dogs, napped.....I at least did household chores
    Dec 9 - walked dogs and took a short walking break at work
    Dec 10 - RAN 1 mile of 1.5 on treadmill (A.M.)....... 2min x 4 intervals (.66 mile) as part of strength workout (P.M.)
    Dec 11 - did some walk breaks at work
    Dec 12 - RAN 2 treadmill miles
    Dec 13 - walked dogs 1.6 miles and had a super busy exhausting day
    Dec 14 - RAN 2 miles on treadmill in a pattern of run 2 laps, walk 1 lap, total of 3.5 miles on treadmill
    Dec 15 - 20 min of light cardio and upper body strength just to say I did something
    Dec 16 - RAN 3 treadmill miles at 5mph
    Dec 17 - 30 min walk break at work, quick 15 min dog walk
    Dec 18 - over an hour walking
    Dec 19 - RAN 1.5 mile as part of treadmill strength circuit
    Dec 20 - RAN 5k
    Dec 21 - RAN 2 miles
    Dec 22 - 80 min walk with hubby plus 2 miles walking dogs
    Dec 23 - RAN 1 mile on treadmill as part of strength circuit workout
    Dec 24 - RAN 3.66 miles, also walked dogs about 1.5 mile
    Dec 25 -
    Dec 26 -
    Dec 27 -
    Dec 28 -
    Dec 29 -
    Dec 30 -
    Dec 31 -
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    12-1 7k easy
    12-2 7k slow + resistance bands
    12-3 rest
    12-4 7k slow + resistance bands
    12-5 rest + yoga
    12-6 7k slow + resistance bands
    12-7 7k easy + yoga
    12-8 rest
    12-9 4k easy + resistance bands
    12-10 rest + yoga
    12-11 7k easy + resistance bands
    12-12 7k easy + yoga
    12-13 rest + resistance bands
    12-14 7k easy + yoga
    12-15 8k slow
    12-16 7k slow + resistance bands
    12-17 rest + yoga
    12-18 7k slow + resistance bands
    12-19 7k slow + yoga
    12-20 rest + resistance bands
    12-21 7k easy + yoga
    12-22 7k easy
    12-23 7k easy + resistance bands
    12-24 7k easy + yoga
    12-25 rest

December Total: 117k
    December Goal: 135k

January Total: 131k
    February Total: 159.5k
    March Total: 183k
    April Total: 126k
    May Total: 128k
    June Total: 161.5k
    July Total: 151k
    August Total: 133k
    September Total: 135k
    October Total: 115k
    November Total: 155k

2019 Total through November: 1,578k / 978.36m

Monthly average: 143.45k

Next year when you pop in here claiming your December 2019 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?
    Run at least 4 5k races - Completed 8-31.
    Get under 30:00 and a PR for 5k - Nope...
    Average at least 135k per month, which would put me over 1,000 miles for the year - Completed 12-7.

Run the Year Team: Five for Nineteen - Completed 9-28

Rest day today.

Tomorrow begins the Twelve Runs of Christmas.

2020 goals:
    Continue a 5k regimen.
    Train better.

4-13 Shine the Light 5K - 31:12 chip time; First Place male 65 and older
    6-30 Strides for Starfish 5K - 31:34 chip time; 31/77 overall; second male 65 and older (no official category)
    7-27 Solon Home Days 5K - 31:11 chip time; 95/141 overall; 4/6 age group (male)
    8-31 Race for Freedom 5k - 31:39 chip time; 32:00 Garmin time; Third Place male 60 and older
    10-13 Haunted Hustle 5k - 31:22 chip time; 47/74 overall; First Place male 60 and older
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,960 Member
    Options
    @Tramboman What is the Twelve Runs of Christmas?
    Merry Christmas, y'all!
    (and if you do not celebrate, Merry Random Day in December!)
    ^^^ Ditto
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    In the quest to find Christmas socks, I found none. Jingle Bell Fun Run, here I come!
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    In the quest to find Christmas socks, I found none. Jingle Bell Fun Run, here I come!