Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

mytime6630
mytime6630 Posts: 4,172 Member
edited January 2020 in Motivation and Support
Happy New Year to all the friends I have met on here!

Here is a new thread for us ... a fresh start for the year 2020!!

I originally started this thread in 2017 .. when I was at my all time highest weight, and so down and discouraged with myself. This is the 4th year now that I am again starting this thread. Losing weight is not easy, and it takes daily commitment. Losing weight also means changing years of bad habits into good habits, and that also does not come easy. It takes daily commitment. If we fail one day, we can always start fresh the next day. This is why this thread is called "JUST FOR TODAY". Because that is all we need to do ... try and do something to improve our habits and lifestyle for just one day.

In this thread, we set daily goals each day. Then the next day, be accountable, and say how you did with those goals, and set new goals. Some of us are very busy, actually most of us are!. So the goals can be very simple, or they can be like a " to do" list. But it is about not giving up and being accountable, and having a group of posters to encourage you to hang in there, and keep going.

So I invite anyone who would like to join us. This is not a group .. anyone can join. And the more you post, the more you get to know other posters, and have that great support and encouragement. This is a thread where we can vent if we need to, ask for help when we have had a bad day, get motivation when we are struggling, and have us as a cheerleader when you have had a good day. It is a thread where each day starts fresh ... one day at a time. Because that is how we can change unhealthy habits to good, healthy habits, one day at a time.

t6eboek6p9be.jpg

8g4i4fvq923o.png

Replies

• murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    JFT 2020 goals
    1. Keto lifestyle
    2. Walk 10000 steps 5x week
    3. Lose 15 lbs starting weight 153.8lbs
    4. Read 1 book each month
    5. Bible in one year 2020 with Nicky Gumbel on the Bible App
    6. Rekindle my marriage
    7. Son into a D1-D2 college

Jan 1
    JFT
    1. Read 1 chapter in new book
    2. Day 1 bible in one year
    3. Yoga 30 min
    4. Meditation 8 min
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    WEDNESDAY
    1. Weigh in
    2. Pre-track exercise for the rest of the week
    3. Prep Thursday and Friday meals
    4. 10C liquids
    5. One self-care activity
    6. Figure out why FitBit is not working correctly
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,889 Member
    edited January 2020
    Back to life! Back to reality! 😂 😂 😂

The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    #1: - 5; #2: - 5.2; #3: -1.4; #4: -4.8; #4: -2
    2020 Goal: < 150lbs
    NAME:
    Terri
    01/01: CW: 151.4 👀
    Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Live! Love! Learn!; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores

JFT Wed 1 Jan
    Daily Goals:
    ⛄️
    Activities:
    • Chores⛄️
    • Laundry⛄️
    • Chillax ⛄️
      JFT Thu 2 Jan
      Daily Goals:

Activities:
      • 10.15am: Dance group
      • 2pm: Shakespeare Study
      • Laundry
      • mytime6630
        2020 goals

1. Take back my life!
        2. Finish my WIP by March 1st
        3. Weigh 155lbs by July 1st
        4. GET PREGNANT! Or at least figure out why I can't.
        5. Rebuild my water/gym/low sugar habits
        6. Make MFP/JFT a priority

So to start some of those today!

Love your 2020 goals!
      • mytime6630
        So happy to see so many faces still joining me! The best support group there is!
      • aubyshortcake
        aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
        Hi all! I fell way off during the holidays but I'm back.

My goals for 2020:

1. Prioritize health and wellness, both physically and mentally
        2. Exercise regularly
        3. Maintain the house instead of letting it go and doing major cleaning
        4. Get pregnant (I'm with you on this @HEGoddard0928 !!)
        5. Cook more frequently

I actually cooked today for the first time in a while and made a nice healthy dinner! I also stayed within my calories for the first time in idk how long.

I'll be back to post goals in the morning, happy New Year everyone!!
      • mytime6630
        @HEGoddard0928 and @aubyshortcake ... hoping for pregnancies for both of us in 2020. You'll have lots of us who want to be "aunties" again!
      • mytime6630
        edited January 2020
        Happy to see a new post for 2020.

I haven’t made any goals yet for the year or even had a chance to think a lot about it.

Hubby and I just had an argument our first in quite a while but my first thought was why do I want to be here. I want to be happy and I want to have a husband that I wants to please me as much as I want to please him. I don’t think he does and I don’t think the small things I do are appreciated. Maybe I’m wrong but right now it sure doesn’t feel like it. Maybe I need to focus on that this year getting and keeping a happy marriage or being alone.

I’ll come up with some goals soon.

So sorry to hear that your new year is starting out this way. You guys have both been under a lot of stresses lately .. praying that things can get better for you, or that you can have some peace, whatever that would mean. Hugs dear friend.