The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    GOOD Morn everyone :) Checking in. My positive thought for the day is: 3 months till spring...actually 11 weeks & counting.

Hoping an AF day for all !!! <3

I'm ready for the Las Vegas heat here, however I'm trying to NOT rush time,last year flew by in a dash! I hate the cold we get here,it's not cold by other standards but cold for me and makes me a tired, miserable sloth haha! 6:45 am in Vegas another 24 💖, hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Nice to hear that everyone is doing so well. 👍😊👍

I saw a concerning headline in a local article that highlighted a disturbing trend in our neighboring 2 counties: Impaired driving has increased by 81% in 2019. Eeeek!!!

There have been so many good efforts on the part of various agencies trying to fight the scourge of impaired drivers, but sadly as hard as they are fighting for a good cause there are powerful forces at work successfully promoting alcohol & glamorizing a drinking lifestyle.

Yet, each of us can do our small part towards some of the good by keeping up the fight in our own lives & really it isn't only about us individually but about those arounds us especially those who we love 💗

• whitpauly
    Drink driving accidents have been on the rise here too-fatal ones😲 very sad cuz not only the victims and their families but the young drivers who CHOSE to get behind the wheel will be in prison for a long time, 6:07 am in Vegas another 24 💖
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Hi Friends, I'm still here reading your messages. I am stuck in bed with the flu so I don't have anything to add to the conversation. But still reading your posts. <3

I'm a sicko too. I'm on the mend & hoping you are too. 💗
  • whitpauly
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Hi Friends, I'm still here reading your messages. I am stuck in bed with the flu so I don't have anything to add to the conversation. But still reading your posts. <3

Aww feel better! This season has been brutal for colds/flu😔
  • whitpauly
    New to the 'group'. I abstained from alcohol for three years until Nov of 2018.
    I have once again given up booze as of Dec 27, 2019 :)

Welcome and great job 👍
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,479 Member
    @tim201200 Congratulations on 11 days sober. Welcome to our thread!
  • kcn2bluesky
    kcn2bluesky Posts: 187 Member
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Awesome! The key words in that are "want to be AF" I kidded myself for years thinking I wanted to be AF but in truth I don't want it,want it so I'd do so many crazy things to try to moderate which only made me drink more it seemed, congratulations to you💗 6:42 am in Vegas another 24 of FREEDOM for me!

Thank you! I thought I wanted to be AF for years, but that just wasn't true. I wasn't ready for whatever reason. I tried moderation, but always escalated back to drinking 1-3 glasses of wine most nights of the week. I found moderation attempts to be riddled with failure & guilt. Committing to AF was the path for me.

JenT304 wrote: »
    Thanks @kcn2bluesky for that very inspirational post. I have read many books but I have not read that one. I'm going to order it right now.

Thank you, @JenT304! I hope you enjoy the book. I purchased it electronically from amazon.com but you may be able to find it through your library electronically as well.