The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• methodman78
    methodman78 Posts: 126 Member
    41 going on 19.. mentally ;) the body is resisting much more since 40!
    ex footballer (soccer) for the best part of 30 years so hips and knees often don't go where I want them too,
    I joined a gym in 2009 and been going 3-5 times a week since,
    food is a passion and been vegan for the last month, had some stomach issues / a heart scare so changed the fuel to more wholesome and less pizza
    I think i'm doing alright for my age :) feel free to add me
  • AnnmarieSimmons
    AnnmarieSimmons Posts: 51 Member
    Happy new year everyone :) 🎊 recently turned 40 😳 I want to get back on track this year by get back to a regular exercise routine.
    I want to lose at least 14 pounds.
    Feel free to add me. 😁
  • pcfteixeira
    pcfteixeira Posts: 19 Member
    Hi everyone, turned 42 in December and looking to get fit and find the better version of myself this year. Too many years neglecting my fitness and my mental health have put me in a position in life overall that I am not really happy with, so I am here starting with the things I have control over, my choices and my health.

Great year everyone and keep up the good job!!!!
  • chunky2slinky
    chunky2slinky Posts: 1 Member
    40 here.... 10 stone to lose
  • I'm 44, a mum of 4 and school nurse
    I've never really enjoyed working out - although I like walking and swimming - I like wine and cocktails on the beach which is why I now have around 70lbs to lose!
    Please feel free to add me - I can't figure out how to add friends!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    Good Monday-after-the-holidays morning! Though I was at work Thursday and Friday last week, today is when everyone is back and we start that long haul from January through May till my vacation :)

My mini-goal right for the last 6 months has been to get back to 100 lbs lost, then to get back to the lowest weight I was 2 years ago, which in all has been to lose about 25 lbs. It's been a really tough uphill battle, but I finally started losing again in May, though its been a really slow, ratcheting process - up one week, down the next. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday were really good days - I stayed under my calorie limit, and yesterday I was still decently under maintenance even if I was over my limit. The scale this morning read 0.1 lbs away from that 100 lb mark! Thursdays are my official check in days, so I'm trying really hard to behave myself today, tomorrow, and Wednesday to hopefully finally reach that elusive goal point!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    I don't like waking up to an alarm but I do like having accomplished more already today than I have all winter break.

Happy first Monday of 2020. Back to reality for many, including my family. Back to curling for me!!!!!
  • clord2
    clord2 Posts: 413 Member
    Hi everyone! I hope Monday treats you all well.
  • steeliebob
    steeliebob Posts: 55 Member
    clord2 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I hope Monday treats you all well.

Good morning!!! Oh, it's Monday?? Lol, I almost never seem to know what day of the week it is for sure!! For those with traditional schedules... Have a great week!
  • Stefany_
    Stefany_ Posts: 4 Member
    Hey everyone feel deee to add me #45
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    My boiler could not be repaired. The good news is that I'm getting a replacement tomorrow, so should have hot water and heating again soon.
  • hockeyguy1985
    hockeyguy1985 Posts: 6 Member
    Just turned 36. Feel free to add me as well!
  • fordstar13
    fordstar13 Posts: 10 Member
    Hi everyone! I’m 47 and feeling it! Would like to lose 50 + lbs. Looking for recipe, accountability, inspirational friends. I’m a ex jogger who would like to get back into it. 👍🏻😊
  • cupcakegirl81
    cupcakegirl81 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Hi Mandy *waves furiously like a lunatic*

Hey, Nadine!!! <3
  • AliNouveau
    drmwc wrote: »
    My boiler could not be repaired. The good news is that I'm getting a replacement tomorrow, so should have hot water and heating again soon.

Ugh we went though this all before Christmas. Never a fun way to spend money
  • AliNouveau
    I did it. I got like 3 awesome shots out of 12 most were not super horrible well except one crappy shot that missed but I over thought it.
    I got yelled at most times i went to sweep, flirty old guy was his usual flirty self (not to be mistsken for creepy old perv who wasn't there) but we won!!!! So happy to be back aao2ipq76l0m.jpeg
  • cupcakegirl81
    cupcakegirl81 Posts: 2,030 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    I did it. I got like 3 awesome shots out of 12 most were not super horrible well except one crappy shot that missed but I over thought it.
    I got yelled at most times i went to sweep, flirty old guy was his usual flirty self (not to be mistsken for creepy old perv who wasn't there) but we won!!!! So happy to be back aao2ipq76l0m.jpeg

Ha! Love it. I have a pervy old guy in my writing group. Why? Why? :D
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau wrote: »

Ha! Love it. I have a pervy old guy in my writing group. Why? Why? :D

Omg pervy old guys start kinda funny but always get to a point that it's just super creepy.
    Making comments about my butt as I bend over to tie a shoe and then parking yourself with your beer to watchyl my game got to be a bit too creepy
  • hamoore7745
    hamoore7745 Posts: 9 Member
    Turning 57 in a couple of months. Trying to get healthier this year so when the time comes to retire I got the energy and health to travel internationally.