Are you over 200pds, let's diet together

Replies

• AlexandraMBT
    AlexandraMBT Posts: 21 Member
    ladycopnh1 wrote: »
    Question.................
    what would you put on a salad to keep it from getting boring ?

1. lettuce
    2. cut up red, orange and yellow peppers
    3. cubed ham
    4. Garlic pepper crispy onions ( package fresh gourmet )
    5. Tortilla strips

I put spring mix, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, this little sweet peppers,

Optional:
    I make everything bagel croutons
    Everything bagel seasoned chicken
    I make home made guacamole (avocado onion lime salt pepper garlic)
    Steak

• Re the salad, i would definitely vary the toppings in ways that had themes to them. A fajita salad! beef and onions and peppers and tortilla strips, tomatoes, and depending on your likes and calorie count, sour cream and guacamole.

Go Indian, and spice your chicken with curry powder, and add the onions, peppers, and the cucumbers, and add a yogurt dressing.

Thai-marinaded beef with bibb lettuce leaves, celery and carrot, peppers and onions? A ginger-lime dressing would rock that.

• celticck77
    celticck77 Posts: 113 Member
    CathyRocky wrote: »
    I found myself at home all day, no appointments, no place I had to be. Today is showing me how often I eat out of boredom.

I do the same thing. The winter is even worse for me. At least when the weather is nice I can force myself outside.
  • celticck77
    edited January 2020
    I had a small non-scale victory yesterday. Watching my favorite team losing 24-0 in the first quarter would have sent me to the snack food. But yesterday I peeled and cut a bag of carrots and chomped on them throughout the game. My team came back and won the game and I was able to feel great about that and not feel sick from eating junk!

My on scale victory:
    Starting Weight: 262
    Jan. 7: 259
    Jan. 13: 255
    Jan. 21:
    Jan. 28:

This level of losing wont last - I have scaled back to 1200 - 1500 calories just to kind of reset things. Eventually I will live between 1500 - 1800.
  • CathyRocky
    CathyRocky Posts: 64 Member
    cranae43 wrote: »
    I roasted bell peppers, carrots, brussel sprouts, asparagus onions and zucchini and made a baked pork tenderloin. I now have 3 meals made, to some not a big deal but to me I slayed (because I dont know how to cook I usually eat frozen) my goal is to eat healthier and figure out portion control.

That sounds amazing!
  • FatimaStartsAllOver
    FatimaStartsAllOver Posts: 302 Member
    @celticck77 - nice loss WTG.
    @gabi_texanmom - no loss no gain (you are winning), keep pushing.
    @theleadmare - nice loss
    @monaraehill2 - huge loss, WTG, shrinking darling.
  • luvfit3
    luvfit3 Posts: 44 Member
    Question.................
    what would you put on a salad to keep it from getting boring ?

1. lettuce
    2. cut up red, orange and yellow peppers
    3. cubed ham
    4. Garlic pepper crispy onions ( package fresh gourmet )
    5. Tortilla strips

I put spring mix, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, this little sweet peppers,

Optional:
    I make everything bagel croutons
    Everything bagel seasoned chicken
    I make home made guacamole (avocado onion lime salt pepper garlic)
    Steak

PIckles (they just scream FLAVOR) also try different cheeses. Some days I do organic cheddar, some days mozzarella, some days feta....yummy! ALSO try seasoning your tomatoes.....with herbs and spices....yummy!
  • luvfit3
    luvfit3 Posts: 44 Member
    I guess I'll join the bandwagon! Hi ladies I recently started keto and had a one day....eat (things not on keto) and felt sluggish and gained weight..NOT A SMART idea I AM BACK TO BEING GREAT! I WAS LOSING lbs. I am not taking that mess back on for anyone.

Starting weight on 1/2/2020: 220
    Weight on 1/13/2020: 214

Keep being great ladies!
  • celticck77
    I am in the same boat....promised myself I would start intermittent fasting, come NY’s day, and I did. I was too hungry yesterday, so trying again today. I took iron yesterday, as I was getting really tired, and sleeping too much (11 hours), hoping the iron will help with that. So far, so good, feel better today...gonna try to start working out as soon as my body adjusts to the new eating routine. May be Feb 1st, may be sooner. I am definitely a yo-yo dieter, and have been heavier then I want, my whole adult life, only reached 135 lbs. a couple of times, but never was able to sustain it. Ugh.

Starting weight, 1/1/20 = 250
    Weigh in, 1/12/20 = 239.

Talk to your DR but Vitamin D helps me when I feel very tired. Turns out I was low and I get low in the winter months when there is no sun.
  • celticck77
    Well, it's depression day, AKA, weigh in day. I did not eat "anything" other than my diet food. I wanted to binge on anything I could find last night, but I held strong, and my reward was gaining 3pds. I knew I would probably gain 1 or maybe two cuz of the big loss the first week, that's what I usually do, but 3 !!!

This is where I usually derail, give up, why bother, but not this time !!! I'm in it to win it.

Starting Weight: 271
    Jan. 7: 266
    Jan. 14:269
    Jan. 21:
    Jan. 28:

You've got this. You have still lost and you will continue to lose weight. Just stick with it. I find eating a good amount of high fiber foods they day before I weight myself works. It cleans out any junk hanging around and I feel less bloated. It has worked so far... fingers crossed - thankfully I love carrots so I eat them all the time.