Are you over 200pds, let's diet together

Replies

• ladycopnh1 wrote: »
    Well, it's depression day, AKA, weigh in day. I did not eat "anything" other than my diet food. I wanted to binge on anything I could find last night, but I held strong, and my reward was gaining 3pds.

Oh, that stinks. Don't give up though! You know how to put your head down and keep going, and I believe in you and know you'll see some downward movement next time you weigh in. For the record, my weight always goes up two pounds the week before my period. You might want to see if that might have anything to do with it. Bodies are sometimes weird like that.

• @CathyRocky: You're right, it isn't good for you. Do you do your own cooking? If you do, then stop salting during the cooking process; salt just before it goes to table, AFTER tasting it. I grew up cooking low sodium and now do it for myself and my boyfriend, and the only things I salt are my homemade bread dough (the gluten needs it) and I add imported sea salt in a light sprinkle to some roasted vegetables, along with cracked black pepper. When you don't use it much, you appreciate it more, I think.
  • CathyRocky
    CathyRocky Posts: 64 Member
    @CathyRocky: You're right, it isn't good for you. Do you do your own cooking? If you do, then stop salting during the cooking process; salt just before it goes to table, AFTER tasting it. I grew up cooking low sodium and now do it for myself and my boyfriend, and the only things I salt are my homemade bread dough (the gluten needs it) and I add imported sea salt in a light sprinkle to some roasted vegetables, along with cracked black pepper. When you don't use it much, you appreciate it more, I think.

Yes, I cook from scratch, I love to cook! I've always preferred salty, crunchy snacks to sweets. I caught myself twice today as I was salting my food, so I used less both times.
  • kajuae74
    kajuae74 Posts: 19 Member
    HI,

I would love to join this group. my starting weight was 213 now down to 205, can I still join. I don't want to be kicked out if I go below 200 (wishful thinking) :) This seems like a great group who are in contact on a regular basis, and to be honest, I think that is what we all need to keep us accountable.
  • jockette18
    jockette18 Posts: 26 Member
    Starting weight
    211.4 pounds

today weight
    8/1/20 =209 pounds
    15/1/20 = 205.6 pounds

Happy with this loss.... :smiley:
  • estherpotter1
    estherpotter1 Posts: 137 Member
    Im about 97 kgs.Losing weight has been hard for me since Ive been getting older,
  • Wednesday update: From 296 to 288! I feel just a little less so, and the way my thighs rub has changed.
    Unfortunately I have a deep muscle spasm. And If I can't get a bra on, I can't go work out. When one of my partners wakes up I'll have them try to rub it out, but I'm the first up, so here we are. (sigh)
  • celticck77
    celticck77 Posts: 113 Member
    kajuae74 wrote: »
    HI,

I would love to join this group. my starting weight was 213 now down to 205, can I still join. I don't want to be kicked out if I go below 200 (wishful thinking) :) This seems like a great group who are in contact on a regular basis, and to be honest, I think that is what we all need to keep us accountable.

Welcome to the group - I don't think anyone gets kicked out for losing. ;) great job so far. Keep rocking it!
  • FatimaStartsAllOver
    FatimaStartsAllOver Posts: 302 Member
    @CathyRocky - nice loss - i knew god sure you would pull a huge number this week. congrats and keep pushing!!! you’ll be in Onederland real real real Soon 😍
    @bellanbear - nice loss for you too.

i’m soo happy we are losing WEIGHT 👍🏾
  • FatimaStartsAllOver
    sorry for that typo above. “i knew FOR sure”
  • pyro_guy7
    pyro_guy7 Posts: 104 Member
    Hey, I'd love to join as well! Starting at 230lbs, last weigh in was 223 so I'm finally coming down after like 2 years! I'm just hoping to keep it down this time...
  • celticck77
    celticck77 Posts: 113 Member
    ghoulgoth wrote: »
    Starting weight: 215
    Goal weight: 150
    Jan 8: 210
    Jan 15: 213

I feel awful, I didn’t change anything from my work outs or what I was eating after my 5 pound loss.... to gain 3 pounds after working so hard this week is really a slap in the face. I want to give up so bad but I won’t... just super discouraged 😓 guess I’ll just have to work harder this week!

This could be water weight or even bloating. Stress can do it to you also. Please give yourself a break. Make sure you are drinking enough water. Weight yourself at the same time everyday. But even with all of that you can have ups and downs. You can do this!!
  • FatimaStartsAllOver
    @ghoulgoth - hang in there. this too shall pass. next week will surprise you. keep pushing.
  • CathyRocky
    CathyRocky Posts: 64 Member
    What's everyone eating? I just had a big scoop of homemade fat free hummus with snap peas, peppers, cukes and grape tomatoes, it was delicious 😋! I need something more substantial before too long so a sweet potato and chicken breast are in my near future.