Like Minded Lushes - Septemeber 2011

Options
Hello and welcome to the thread that acknowledges alcohol. We like it. smiley-eatdrink060.gif
Most of us drink it. We struggle with the effect it has on our weight loss. We support each other when we strive to control it. We support each other when we fail to control it.

This is a support zone. Not a judging zone.

It is so hard to believe that summer is almost over. For some of us it is easier now without the beautiful weather calling for us to enjoy a cold beverage. For me the hard part is cuddling up to a great hot buttered rum or a really nice glass of red wine. but I am aiming to control the calories for September.

Welcome to all the new lushes to the thread. we are all here to support.

Replies

• faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Thurs - 1 bottle of wine. :laugh:

PS We are on our first day of spring woohoooo! Bye bye winter.
  • jj1983
    jj1983 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    no drinks two nights in a row!! wooooo! will it be three??? maybe....lol
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Wendybirduk
    Wendybirduk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Like minded Lush reporting in !

My problem is that I like my rum too much. I used to like my wine too much but when I realised how many calories were in wine I changed to rum!

*sigh* But at least it is a healthier option? No?

Damn!

xx
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Fall is a rough time with drinking for me because I am a HUGE red wine fan and fall is definitely a great time for that! So I know the holiday weekend is coming up, I'm going to let myself drink what I want and then starting Tuesday my plan is to not drink until my wedding on September 17th. That's about 10 days I think I can do it! :)
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I got home from my grad school class last night and Hubs and the neighbor were doing shots of Tuaca and drinking vodka and red bull. I had 4 shots, one drink, and I can't decide if I'm still drunk from last night or merely really hung over. :embarassed:
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Awww I found my friends again! Busy summer......things are good though.

No booze so far this week (m-today) but I have friends coming in town tonight so I'm sure I'll be drinking straight thru till Sunday. Almost a little "over" it, anyone else get that way?

Like, I'd rather just consume a glass or two every night or every other night than save it all up for the weekend and deal with the consequenses?? Just thinking out loud here......
  • Wendybirduk
    Wendybirduk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Like, I'd rather just consume a glass or two every night or every other night than save it all up for the weekend and deal with the consequenses?? Just thinking out loud here......

I hear yah hun!
    Why save it for the weekend and then get totally smashed and end up feeling crap for about 24 hours after?

Better to drink in moderation (ish) through the week and then at the weekend when all your friends are falling down drunk you are still ok!

Binge drinking is not good! Why go through all that for one night?

Drink if you want to! I do!

Every night I have a few but I do not go out on a Saturday (or Friday etc) and get so pissed that my friends have to rescue me!

Mind you I do have a Hen Weekend coming up....................oh dear.............lol
  • iamrobyn
    Options
    I have been drinking (and logging) the Skinny Girl Margaritas and Sangria. It is 35 calories per ounce which doesn't sound like much but that added up quickly since its premixed. I also like Pinnacle Whipped Cream vodka and diet gingerale. The vodka has 132 calories per 1.5 ounce pour and the diet ginger ale has none. I probably do a 3 oz pour but thats still under 300 calories for a drink which beats the skinny girl. After doing some quick research I realized that my other favorite drink Malibu coconut rum with Fuze slenderize tropical punch is really the best choice. The rum has 50 calories per ounce and the Fuze has only 20 calories so a 3 oz pour mixed drink of that would only be under 200 calories. I was out with my friends a few weeks ago and threw two bottles of Fuze in my purse. I gave them to the waitress and asked her to mix that with the rum for me for the night. She loved the idea..even asked if she could try one herself with my leftovers.

Cheers!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Bumping with the Plan:
    Monday, 6 drinks...vodka, soda, Izzy pom and lime
    Tuesday, 6 drinks....3 Sam Adams @ Champps & and 3 of the above when we got home
    Wednesday, 0 drinks
    Thursday, state fair, 6 vodka lemonades
    Friday, 0 drinks
    Saturday, 0 drinks
    Sunday, 0 drinks

Total: 18

Goal: <18
  • MsKittyCAT
    Options
    Glad to find this thread! Alcohol is my "gateway drug" which leads to poor or excessive food choices on top of the alcohol calories. I'm under a TON of stress being a 24/7 caregiver for my Granny and rarely get to leave the house. I try not to drink at home alone, but lately that hasn't been stopping me from having a beer after she goes to bed... When I can get out my guy tries to spoil me with drinks and comfort food to relieve some stress.

I try to log accurately but often can't find nutrition info for my drinks if I get fun stuff at the bar or drink wine.

I have found that the sobe zero cal drinks come in a ton of yummy fruit flavors that go great with rum or vodka...

Boyfriend came over on Tuesday night and made spaghetti and his homemade meatballs for me for dinner. Not at all diet friendly! Drank half a bottle of semi-sweet Peach wine and half a bottle of sweet Niagra wine. Half a bottle of Niagra still in fridge and I really wanted it last night but resisted. Been thinking about it all day so it will be gone by tonight.
  • pope369
    pope369 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My problem is that I like my rum too much. I used to like my wine too much but when I realised how many calories were in wine I changed to rum!

That's funny! This like minded lush (me) went the oposite way. I used to hit the vodka tonics pretty heavy, but since starting this diet back in July, I switched to red wine. I find I'm able to actually drink less when I stick to wine. Just my 2 cents . . .
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I don't want summer to be over! :sad:

Sun-Wednesday= 1 glass of wine
    ::pats self on the back::

I will drink tonite, I'm quite sure of it. Let's hope it's in moderation.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,161 Member
    Options
    Cheer up SoCal...summer is not officially over until Sept. 23 :wink:
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    bump
  • maxymom
    maxymom Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Robin, I followed you you to this board. Sounds like a sympatico place to me! I like to have a big glass of wine nearly every evening . I like it, I think it is good for me, and if I had to give up everything I liked to stay on my diet, I would not stay on it long! A lot of you seem to be mourning the end of summer. I live on the Gulf Coast of Texas, home of the seemingly endless summer. Currently we have had over a month of 100+ degree weather, together with a 10 month drought. So strange for a usually wet, semi-tropical place! What's a girl to do do? When life gives you lemons make lemonade - raspberry lemonade with vodka in it! I'm never a binger. Never have more than 2 drinks, unless I'm on a cruise ship, and then I sorta drink my way thru the day....hey i don't have to drive home after dinner, right? Maxy
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I spoke too soon Tuesday night when I said none, I ended up having two beers, oops.
    And last night I had a double tall vodka soda (but I think I heard if it fits in one glass it's one drink) and then I had two 22 oz coors lights. I might have split the last one, though.
    Today I did not feel great so maybe I should not drink on "school nights" I am tired. Probably some drinks tonight, getting pizza with friends.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Last night we got together for Fantasy Football draft. I drank 2 IPA's and a pilsner. With tortilla chips, lot's of them. Then I went home and drank a glass of Cab/Merlot blend. And scrambled an egg, 3 egg whites, and a veggie burger together. Weird. Just lazy bachelor food.

So how does everyone make their margaritas? I go with 2 oz tequila, 1 oz Cointreau, Juice from 1 lime, and top off the pint glass with Crystal Light. I'm curious how that compares to other preparations.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I discovered that all sweet tea vodkas are not created equal. I will stick with Firefly Sweet Tea vodka from now on. The cheap crap I bought just doesn't cut it.

When I make margs I go old school and not diet. I use good tequila, triple sec, fresh squeezed lime juice and dramania add a splash of curacao once its poured (this is a cabo waborita) the draminia is a purported aphrodisiac so I love these things. these are not lo cal but when I do tequila I don't do too much or I am in big trouble. I did buy some crystal light mocktail in margarita but I haven't tried it yet.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,161 Member
    Options
    My margarita consists of:

1.5 oz Hornitos Tequila
    0.5 oz. Presidente Brandy
    0.5 oz. Cointreau
    3.0 oz of Margarita mix (lately it's been Kirklands/Costco)
    Fresh lime and salt

If I want less calories, I use 2.0 oz of mix and 1.0 oz of soda water.

This week thus far;

Monday - 1 black cherry rum and minute maid light lemonade
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 2 black cherry rum and light lemonade

Yay tomorrow is Friday!