January 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Anyway. Plan is to run again Tuesday evening with my daughter and dog (we’ll see how that goes). I’m hoping the legs and feet don’t hurt again. It really really probably is the shoes. Maybe some Hokas. Or Asics. I don’t know - just something so my legs and feet aren’t burning 😩

I am not sure what you mean by burning? Sore? Are you pushing too hard? Sorry I missed a lot of posts so way out of sync.

The wrong shoes for you will put your gait out of wack and the could show up as knee pain, foot pain, hip pain... but muscle pain might be anything from shoes to you need do more strength work to you need slow down.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Anyway. Plan is to run again Tuesday evening with my daughter and dog (we’ll see how that goes). I’m hoping the legs and feet don’t hurt again. It really really probably is the shoes. Maybe some Hokas. Or Asics. I don’t know - just something so my legs and feet aren’t burning 😩

I am not sure what you mean by burning? Sore? Are you pushing too hard? Sorry I missed a lot of posts so way out of sync.

The wrong shoes for you will put your gait out of wack and the could show up as knee pain, foot pain, hip pain... but muscle pain might be anything from shoes to you need do more strength work to you need slow down.

And again, did you get your shoes fitted by a professional? That makes a huge difference. I could buy the most expensive Nike that money can buy, I'd still end up lame because they don't do stability like Asics do.

And where exactly are you sore? What does burning mean exactly? When does it hurt, just when running, or all the time?

For Burning pain, I almost think you need to see a Dr, pain shouldn't be burning. aching, yep. Sharp stabbing, yep. Sudden pop, yep (though that one is the worst) but burning suggests something else could be going on.
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent @Avidkeo think burning as in sharp pain, but it isn’t just my shins.

When I was out Saturday it felt as though I had never run before and occurred within the first three miles, after several days of rest. It felt like it was too much work on my legs. Yes, I’ve been fitted.

I think I may want to get refitted because I think gait changes over time especially the more we run. I also think that even though I ordered the same shoes, there are probably still differences, such as heel drop. I won’t be able to replace them just yet, so in the meantime, I am going to make sure my form is solid and see if maybe breaking them in is still necessary. I’d think that after twenty miles, they’d be broken in, though.

We’ll see. When it is reasonable to do so, I will get fitted again and get another pair. Until then, I will keep alternating the old and new. Hopefully this will solve it
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @pastorvincent Are those milky ways gluten-free?? I know the regular ones aren't. (they were my fav and I miss them).
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @pastorvincent Are those milky ways gluten-free?? I know the regular ones aren't. (they were my fav and I miss them).

Milky Way Midnight are GF, but not all Milkyways are. I am not as sensitive as some but many websites for GF candy list them as good options. I would say try them when you have time to deal with any reaction but they SHOULD be safe.

Here are the ingredients:
    INGREDIENTS
    Semisweet Chocolate (Sugar, Chocolate Processed With Alkali, Chocolate, Cocoa Butter, Milkfat, Soy Lecithin, Artificial And Natural Flavors), Corn Syrup, Sugar, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil And/or Palm Oil, Skim Milk, Less Than 2% - Milkfat, Lactose, Salt, Egg Whites, Natural And Artificial Flavors.

Mars states they will never hide gluten-containing ingredients and always use clear terms like wheat, barley, rye, etc. The problem with regular Milky Way is it has barely in it.

So, again, I have not reacted, but I am not celiac, I have a different issue that causes me to have to eat GF and react to wheat. If the candy DID have wheat in it, I would react though.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was supposed to be my marathon. I never even picked up the packet. I didn't want to drop down to a shorter distance and deal with the mess of traffic and thousands and thousands of people. Five years and five marathon attempts and not once did I get to the start line. I'm done. Moving on from the idea of ever running a marathon.

We went for a hike instead. And had to pick cholla out of the dog's paw. She's fine. I think I was more upset than here LOL She's one tough pibble.

Wow, if you run a greater distance than a marathon then accolades to you; I'm impressed! I so want to push myself into running a 50k one day, goal!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    Options

Milky Way Midnight are GF, but not all Milkyways are. I am not as sensitive as some but many websites for GF candy list them as good options. I would say try them when you have time to deal with any reaction but they SHOULD be safe.

INGREDIENTS
    Semisweet Chocolate (Sugar, Chocolate Processed With Alkali, Chocolate, Cocoa Butter, Milkfat, Soy Lecithin, Artificial And Natural Flavors), Corn Syrup, Sugar, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil And/or Palm Oil, Skim Milk, Less Than 2% - Milkfat, Lactose, Salt, Egg Whites, Natural And Artificial Flavors.

Mars states they will never hide gluten-containing ingredients and always use clear terms like wheat, barley, rye, etc. The problem with regular Milky Way is it has barely in it.

So, again, I have not reacted, but I am not celiac, I have a different issue that causes me to have to eat GF and react to wheat. If the candy DID have wheat in it, I would react though.

Ohhh, I'll have to take a look. I assumed all of them had gluten since the orginal ones did. I usually have a snickers but I much prefer milkyway.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    Yesterday was supposed to be my marathon. I never even picked up the packet. I didn't want to drop down to a shorter distance and deal with the mess of traffic and thousands and thousands of people. Five years and five marathon attempts and not once did I get to the start line. I'm done. Moving on from the idea of ever running a marathon.

We went for a hike instead. And had to pick cholla out of the dog's paw. She's fine. I think I was more upset than here LOL She's one tough pibble.

Wow, if you run a greater distance than a marathon then accolades to you; I'm impressed! I so want to push myself into running a 50k one day, goal!

I think she meant she was running a marathon that gives you the option to drop to a half, but decided to not race instead of dropping down.

Yes, they offer a half and a 10k. I've run the 10k twice and the half countless times. I'm bored with the course and hate mile 9 and 10 so I chose not to do it.

The longest I've ever run is 19-20 miles while training for marathons in the past.
  • PastorVincent
    Options

INGREDIENTS

Ohhh, I'll have to take a look. I assumed all of them had gluten since the orginal ones did. I usually have a snickers but I much prefer milkyway.

Yay! Good candy back on the menu!