The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    The weather has been nuts but we're getting back to winter temps tomorrow night and then seasonable cold for the next while. The AC has been on in my house for a week. Just makes me want summer to back even more lol
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    It's been in the 60's for the last several days here. Of course, that doesn't mean there won't be an ice storm tomorrow...
  • michaelroode
    michaelroode Posts: 173 Member
    edited January 2020
    Can I chat hear for all you nightshirts even if its 6:53am 16/01/2020 now for me
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,166 Member
    z6sh5rgavl1r.jpeg
    38cwmknd7utp.jpeg
    jqq09yx2tzgd.jpeg
  • sufferlandrian
    -2 degrees F but no wind. Not bad for biking and XC skiing. 😁
  • sufferlandrian
    Back to work. At least it’s not a holiday weekend again. 😁
  • jennifer_417
    If there was that much snow where I live, the only way I'd leave my apartment would be at gunpoint.
  • jennifer_417
    My new favorite hobby is checking to see what settings get changed whenever my cat runs across the keyboard.
  • sufferlandrian
    @Jenn - LOL. That’s funny. My cat knows better but she’s not as entertaining. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    I love him but he's still a kitten and I'm afraid I'm not that good at training animals. @sufferlandrian -got any tips? Good thing he's adorable!
  • sufferlandrian
    He's a cat. I've never been able to do more than teach them to come. That involved treats. I couldn't even get my own cat to quit clawing the leather couch! She still claws the couch but now I just smile and think, "Yep, declawing was better than finding her a new home." :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Lol! Well, it was worth a shot. He's definitely a keeper!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Dusk, last night.... Hubby snowblew (is that an actual verb in the past tense - 'to use a snowblower?') a path to the shed between the truck and the carport. Yep that's our snowfall right now, but nothing like Newfoundland!
    yfjgmqx539jc.jpg
    dhjwgyxglj5y.jpg
    Newfoundland today:
    pkkh5ihiilqu.png
    xo5xqhtlgfpc.png

• sufferlandrian
    Hey, send some of that snow our way. We just got nailed by a heat wave and we’re expecting rain tonight. We’re expecting 40 degrees F tomorrow.
  • jennifer_417
    Just looking at those pics makes me want to move somewhere tropical. It's been 20s and below here and I hate it! This is the stretch of year that's hardest for me. The holidays are over, nothing to make the cold weather fun. Just hunker down and wait for Spring!
  • canadjineh
    Invite a friend over to build a snowman in your yard or at a park, then have a nice hot tea or hot chocolate after. When was the last time you built a snowman?
  • canadjineh
    edited January 2020
    Welcome @michaelroode1980, are you a night shifter too? What do you do for work?
  • michaelroode
    michaelroode Posts: 173 Member
    @canadjineh no I'm not, I just get to work early and work a 12 hour day 5 day's a week. I'm a foreign exchange broker
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    The pictures of the snowfall the past week have to ridiculous! It's just been chilly by me but we've finally seen some sun. I haven't built a snowman in at least 20 years :D Even in Ohio, I don't think I ever saw that much snow
  • canadjineh
    We've had 3 days of rain - at times heavy - then clouds and sun but temps of +6C with drops to just below freezing at night. HeII roads!