WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Rebecca ~ I wanted to tell you that the photo with your wall plate friends is so cute. You are a very pretty woman.
    Great that Athena is crawling and she'll probably start toddling any time now. My son started walking at 9 months.

Carol in GA
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Rebecca ~ I wanted to tell you that the photo with your wall plate friends is so cute. You are a very pretty woman.
    Great that Athena is crawling and she'll probably start toddling any time now. My son started walking at 9 months.

Carol in GA

Aww Carol, you are so sweet! Many of my friends say I need to color my hair, but I have no desire to dance that dance. In a constant loop of touch ups etc.
    You are beautiful too!💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Washington
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    :)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    Did some balance games on the Wii. Boy, does my balance s***. The plan for tomorrow is to take the extremepump class.

After exercise went to Aldi then Michaels then WalMart then bought gas. I really didn’t need it, but I got it anyway.

Came home and made more of the lemon bars for Vince to have when we get back, then made some soup. I’m going to try taking that to FL

SuziQ – what would an ENT doc do? I don’t understand how he could help.

Carol – thanks for that tip about the tortilla. Is it 100% whole wheat?

I feel so bad for Jess. She called last night asking if we had any tips as to how she can save money grocery shopping. We told her about using off-name brands, she was talking about Amazon delivery but I showed her that their prices really aren’t all that good. Money I’m sure is really tight. When we get back from FL, I’m definitely going to make her a “care” package. Aldi has potato chips on sale so I will send her a bag at least

Heather – I didn’t know the IP had an app! I’m really loving mine.

Terri – AC Moore went out of business here. They expect to close their store by the end of February. Michael’s bought them out. To me, Michael’s is more expensive and less friendly.

Marianne WV – now I remember you telling us about your tumor! So glad to hear that everything’s just fine

Samand – cheese is one of my downfalls. I’m like you, if I put it on my plate, that’s all I have. Plus, I have this “thing” in me that says that I should finish everything so I clean my plate like a good girl. That’s my portion control, same as yours

Newcomers is evidently having some sort of ceramics get together. The pieces (according to the flyer) START at $15. I almost died. The pieces at the place where we take the ceramics are maybe half that amount. Oh well…. It’s supposed to be in the beginning of February and I won’t be here.

Michele in NC who is getting packed
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Think we got the flu again. Diahreah in blankets this morning,multiple pamper poop explosions to clean up,y now my tummy hurts. Ugghh I have lots of errands in the morning.Im finally getting fit enough to help Hubby by doing an errand here y there so my stomach needs to behave! JRs yummy too! Darn winter needs to go!

Amber Tx
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Karen-i know! So sad . Just shows how life changes so quickly.

Was a productive day yet lazy one......Husband cleaned up his toy closet. He fixed a few problems in attic when putting stuff up there. He only asked for my help a few times! Carpets cleaned and vacuumed. Last load of laundry in dryer. Paperwork all organized, shredded and filed. Property taxes paid, plates ordered for his cars, ordered a few other things online. I even started on tax stuffs! Yay! Watched lots of love it or list it followed by Holmes to holmes. Time for sleep.

Hugs!
    Loves!
    Cheers!

<3
    Kylia
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    It's amazing what a good, solid night's sleep can do for both the body and the mind. With everything that's been going on the last couple of weeks, I haven't been sleeping well at all - sometimes only getting a couple hours. Last night I slept straight through the night, no getting up to use the bathroom (normally I'm up at least once), no waking up worrying about how we're going to handle this or that thing, just sleep. That, combined with a good bike workout first thing this morning has me feeling like I could take on the world today :).
    Janet O - eastern MO

Yep ... a good sleep + a good bicycle ride or a run is a great combination. :)

Katla lol I dont have a ton of vises but tea is one of them I have no fewer than 20 different boxes of tea lol chamomile included....

Me too. :) I like one or two caffeinated teas, but drink a lot of different un-caffeinated teas in the evenings.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    I’m still coughing. Don’t tell me to go to the ER or the doctor’s, I have been and have been on antibiotics twice, gotten a steroid injection, and have an inhaler. Vince wonders if it might not be an allergy to something. Since we’ll be in FL for a few weeks, that’ll be a pretty good look-see. If I don’t cough after a while, maybe it’s time to see an allergist. Vince says I’ve been coughing since this summer, but I think it was just after I went to the MD for my annual physical and got my flu shot

Michele NC about to be in FL

Read back through your posts in threads here and you'll find out.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    The whole of 2019's weather ...

https://www.windy.com/articles/visualisation-of-the-day-a-year-of-weather-in-20-minutes-11042

Just in case you wondered. :)

Machka in Oz
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Thank you so much for the good wishes/prayers for my sister in law. She had her brain scan yesterday, should get the results when she sees her oncologist on Tuesday, so keeping everything crossed for good news.

Had a lovely coffee morning with two friends last week, I really needed the break. It was good to see them and have a laugh! We are going to try and arrange a monthly coffee morning seeing as we are all retired.

My mums Blue Badge needs renewing. Good grief they don't make it easy! I thought it would be a simple form to say that nothing has changed since last year, but no. They need a photograph, a copy of her marriage certificate and a utilities bill with her name on it. Not sure if I can go to the office in town to show them or if it has to be done on-line I need to double check.

Love to all <3
    Viv UK
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Margaret, thanks for suggesting the core exerice of pulling in your belly button towards your back. I definitely should work on my core, and this is an easy one to remember. Good idea about standing on one foot when waiting in a queue too, I'll practice both of these. :)