Let's get 'Turbo Fired' up!

Options

Replies

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I started Turbo Fire 8/21 and love it! I also added the ChaLEAN Extreme workouts 8/28. I'm hoping to get some major results within the next 60 days!

Boniboo how are you incorporating both workouts? I've been doing Turbo Fire each day and then added the ChaLEAN Extreme Burn Circuit workouts 3 days this week.

I also just started a hybrid schedule. I didn't really like the one Chalene put together so I made my own. The 1st couple weeks was a lot of stretching and I wanted to get into the Fire and HIIT workouts so I"m just alternating CE & TF in order of their schedules.

I just did my 1st HIIT 15 this morning and it's fast paced! A little rough for a morning workout, I workout mostly in the afternoon/evening. I feel great now. I know it will get easier to follow after doing a few times, getting used the the routines.
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    i have a question about the timing of the workouts. yesterday because of my schedule i did hiit 20 in the morning then sculpt 30 in the afternoon. when i went to log my calories burned, i noticed that i burned just over 100 calories more the last time i did the sculpt 30. i cant be sure but i might have done a hiit right before the sculpt last time. so really my question is:

on the routine schedule, when there are 2 workouts, should i be doing them back to back for max calorie burn?

ps. i am on week 4! this is the longest i have stuck to anything (i think)
  • netty
    netty Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started turbo fire today! I'm hoping to get good results :-)
  • stormy213
    stormy213 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    He everyone! I'm so glad I found this thread! This is my first day on MFP and I just ordered TF yesterday! I'm into working out but needed something more challenging cardio-wise. I also do a lot of lifting using Cathe Friedrich's DVD's. I'll have to see if I can manage both since I've grown to like lifting more than cardio.

I'm 39 and like Jacki70 have had a hard time maintianing/losing weight since I hit my 30's. Hopefully we can keep this thread going and motivate each other!:happy:
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    i have a question about the timing of the workouts. yesterday because of my schedule i did hiit 20 in the morning then sculpt 30 in the afternoon. when i went to log my calories burned, i noticed that i burned just over 100 calories more the last time i did the sculpt 30. i cant be sure but i might have done a hiit right before the sculpt last time. so really my question is:

on the routine schedule, when there are 2 workouts, should i be doing them back to back for max calorie burn?

ps. i am on week 4! this is the longest i have stuck to anything (i think)

I always do them back to back
  • kkauz42
    Options
    Today I have to lift legs and shoulders then I have Fire 55 EZ. I had a blond moment yesterday and I did the wrong workout. :sick:
    I was supposed to do HIIT 20 and Sculpt 30 and for some reason I thought I had HIIT 15 so that's what I did haha! I had a bday dinner to go to (not mine) so I didn't have time to do sculpt 30 but I'll live! I did lift yesterday (back and Biceps) so I think I'll be okay with a slip up!

I'm taking 4 week pics and measurements on Sunday I think! Is anyone else doing progress pics?
  • AlisonEisengart
    Options
    I have had Turbo Fire for a little over 1 month and have been starting off great in the early week and then slacking off after my recovery day. I could use some encouragement to keep it going. I love the program it is a blast. :happy:
  • holly_v
    Options

I'm taking 4 week pics and measurements on Sunday I think! Is anyone else doing progress pics?

i will be on monday, although im not sure how much progress will be seen... its almost been a month and havent missed a beat!
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies that have joined us!!! The more the merrier!!!

I did my first day today. I really wanted to do the first DVD (Get Fired Up or something like that?) but for some reason it wouldn't play in my DVD player?? So, I just jumped right into Fire 30 Class. It was fun - but I was SO lost! I didn't do the Stretch 10 Class because I knew my son was getting up from his nap soon and I needed to get a shower before he did. I plan on doing Fire 30 again tomorrow with the Stretch 10.
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    You didn't miss anything; Get Fired Up is just Chalene talking about the program. I did Stretch 40 today because I'm doing the hybrid. It was nice, especially since I had no energy today. :smile:
  • McFatterton
    Options
    You didn't miss anything; Get Fired Up is just Chalene talking about the program. I did Stretch 40 today because I'm doing the hybrid. It was nice, especially since I had no energy today. :smile:

Oh, ok good. I thought someone told me that it was her going over all of the different moves? Hmmm...oh well, glad I didn't miss out on anything. Thanks!
  • holly_v
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies that have joined us!!! The more the merrier!!!

I did my first day today. I really wanted to do the first DVD (Get Fired Up or something like that?) but for some reason it wouldn't play in my DVD player?? So, I just jumped right into Fire 30 Class. It was fun - but I was SO lost! I didn't do the Stretch 10 Class because I knew my son was getting up from his nap soon and I needed to get a shower before he did. I plan on doing Fire 30 again tomorrow with the Stretch 10.

ya, my first class i was all over the place. i actually tried again that afternoon and it was much easier. you will start to get it, everything gets repeated so much you just learn it without trying too hard!
  • ash_duhon
    Options
    I ordered Turbo Fire today from Ebay. I hope it comes in soon because I am very excited about this!!! I've tried insanity but it was to advanced for me, I'm hoping Turbofire will be better for me.
    It's great how eveyone here is so encouraging! Pls add me as a friend, I would like to stay informed on everyone's reviews and progress. It gives me hope!
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options

Oh, ok good. I thought someone told me that it was her going over all of the different moves? Hmmm...oh well, glad I didn't miss out on anything. Thanks!
    There's some called New to Class or Breakdown (maybe both..I can't remember right now) that show you the moves for different workouts.
  • brittbergh
    brittbergh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    The first time I do a class I'm pretty lost bit even mistakes burn calories! I'm pretty solid with both fire45s and HIIT15,20 now thankfully.
    I'm in week four and currently having a bummer down day but it should pass I'm hoping.

A little about me. I'm 27 I have two toddlers back to back...like just 15months apart. I blame them mostly, well I like to anyway. Before kids I was a skinny mini and never worried about weight. I was 130 when I got pregnant the first time (lost that one though and got pregnant again like asap). When I joined mfp I was 218 which wasn't my brightest weight, I dont know what was. I'm currently 195ish depending on the time of month...stupid mother nature.

I live TF its so much fun and even today when I seriously could cry and give up I did it and was happier for that.
  • SydandPaigesMom
    SydandPaigesMom Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Lori, 32 from Ontario Canada :) I did the 9 week prep schedule of Turbo Fire and am in week 2 of the normal schedule. So far I have lost almost 25 lbs! I love doing these work outs. I'd love to have others to talk to about TF!
  • kkauz42
    Options
    Wow this thread moved fast today!! I'm about to do Fire 55 EZ! The 45's are my favorite though!

For the newbies that just started, you will get the hang of everything! I did the new to class for maybe 4 classes or so and then just started doing the regular paced and caught on quick! Sometimes I get a little lost cause it's hard to hear her with the music but once it starts up I'm good!
  • McFatterton
    Options

There's some called New to Class or Breakdown (maybe both..I can't remember right now) that show you the moves for different workouts.

Ah, ok. I saw that when I put the DVD in, but just ignored it :laugh:. Thanks for the heads up - I'll definitely use that tomorrow when I do Fire 30 again. I thought I would just be able to listen to her and follow along that way, but like Kayli said, it's so hard to hear her over the music. But I love the music!
  • kellybstampin
    Options
    A little about me......

I never struggled too much with my weight until after college. I gained 25 my first year of teaching and used SlimFast to take it off....no exercise, just the shakes. I lost 30 lbs and looked good but because I wasn't exercising and I went back to regular food, I slowly started gaining again. After I was married, I was 15 lbs overweight and after each baby (I have 3 kiddos now), I got bigger and bigger. I was 198 when I began MFP in April 2011. I've done the Ripped in 30 and the 30DS and now I'm excited to try TurboFire and TurboJam! I'm down to 171 now and getting SO much closer to my goal of 150. When I get there, I figure I'll reevaluate and probably just work on toning....any extra weight loss will be a bonus!

Welcome everyone! I LOVE having accountability!
  • kkauz42
    Options
    Sara- after a few sessions doing the "new to class" my friend (who is doing it with me) and I got over it and said we'd just try to go for it and it was pretty easy! I think sometimes when she would break it down I would think too much during the routines but now it's pretty good!

I like Turbo Fire so much more than Insanity...not really sure why, maybe it's the music and Chalene? Or maybe it's that I'm not jumping and killing my knees every 2 seconds.

Next week I plan to add in some C25K into my routine. Lately I have been lifting and on heavy cardio days (Fire 55 EZ or Fire 45) I don't do any cardio and on light days I walk at an incline. As much as I do with TF, I am out of shape with running...big time! I plan on running a 5k at the end of October so I want to get my butt in gear!! Oh, and how do I have all this time to workout?? I am unemployed at the moment, I have nothing better to do!