What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• Boots741
    Boots741 Posts: 1 Member
    Grilled chili lime chicken on low carb wraps.
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    egg muffins with eggs/bacon fired and mozzarella grated
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Spaghetti cooked al dente with scampi, EVOO, garlic, white wine, and red pepper.
  • AASlender
    AASlender Posts: 18 Member
    Last night’s dinner was oven made Talapia. A little oil, lemon, oregano. A large side of riced cauliflower and riced brocolli. This all was low in calories. So, I treated myself to a scoop of Strawberry Halo Top ice cream a little later. (I’ve discovered I can’t eat a lot of this...otherwise I won’t lose weight as well. But a little is fine.) I enjoyed my dinner!
  • violakreyna
    violakreyna Posts: 2 Member
    nfs64eyrl67w.jpeg

Breakfast 😋
    Banana/protein pancake topped with almond butter, Greek yoghurt, fresh blueberries and cinnamon.

Great, it looks very tasty!
  • snowflake954
    Cooking right now--baccala' (salted cod) with EVOO, garlic and rosemary. Homemade cream of celery and potato soup with freshly grated PR.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    edited January 2020
    Lunch today: Melt in your mouth 8.6 oz lemon pepper salmon with a side of broccoli...492 calories, 64 grams of protein.
    0infcko79xts.jpg
  • FinelyFermented
    FinelyFermented Posts: 100 Member
    Chicken crack roll ups using low carb shells. It's in the crock pot, and I cannot wait to get home!
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    fried chicken wings with cabbage salad and mayo
  • Cauliflower Soup in my Instant Pot.
  • snowflake954
    Pasta with chickpeas, garlic, and EVOO.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Chicken stock! I had veggie scraps saved in the freezer and got a good chicken so made a huge pot of Chicken stock/broth. Made 4 big containers full. So excited to use it tonight!
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Last evening: lemon-pepper-dill baked turbot over veg, with savory cauliflower, brown rice and a side salad (last not shown).

Partially-successful experiment. Turbot was great. But the sides had some flaws: first, I usually bake to cook then broil to finish. That worked well. The turbot being thick, I tried a higher baking heat (400F vs usually 350F). This was OK. But I usually choose a Corning dish; this time, a stainless pan. The higher heat and stainless combined, I think, to make the spinach bed a dreary mess. Second error: the cauliflower. I tried a method of steaming the veg, then dressing for flavor. The method worked, but I overused granulated garlic and the result was not so good - but recoverable next time (garlic, turmeric, paprika, salt, pepper dissolved in olive oil as a dressing). Live and learn.

Turbot is somewhat uncommon here (NJ USA) these days, so it was a treat.

Haven't yet computed my MFP daily numbers on this meal, but they should be OK.

yg54lymgrpdf.jpg

94suq6g2mde1.jpg

• dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Lemony lentil soup with yogurt topping and soup. Yummy and filling on a cold day.
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited January 2020
    @dcresider wrote: »
    Lemony lentil soup with yogurt topping and soup. Yummy and filling on a cold day.

Sounds really good! I love lemons and love lentils but mainly make them with ham bone and ham and veggies ..... is this your own recipe? I'm gonna check some out online ...never thought of the combo
    ...thanks!!!🤗🙌
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    I made chicken and sausage gumbo. It was just o.k, but with all the vegetables in it, I know it was very healthy and it was low in calories.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,062 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    Last evening: lemon-pepper-dill baked turbot over veg, with savory cauliflower, brown rice and a side salad (last not shown).

Partially-successful experiment. Turbot was great. But the sides had some flaws: ...

I would absolutely destroy this fish but the veggies here....... nope. Simply because I dont like meals like this. I would cook the vegg separately.

I hear you. I see you post a lot of seafood. Experimental mood this time. Although I have made a veg bed before that came out great, this was a disappointment and there's the double whammy of the cauli failure. I'm working within the boundaries of what the family likes and trying to stretch them a bit. It works, sometimes, LOL, and I'm not too ashamed to share here some of my misses as well as the hits. There's one thing to say ... another day, another meal. Thanks for your frankness.
  • snowflake954
    Risotto--arborio rice with leftover scampi (carcasses boiled and strained for sauce), leftover baccala' sauce, cream and a little white wine and freshly grated PR. All these leftovers made a great risotto.
  • hmhill17
    hmhill17 Posts: 283 Member
    Not counting breakfast today, Mississippi pot roast with mashed potatoes and roasted cauliflower and caramelized onions.

My daughter cooks tonight (with supervision) so it’s Mac and cheese, ribs and Caesar salad.