WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday

I miss the babies! My grands are such wonderful young people, but so busy. 2021 I will have 3 teenagers :'( Just found out that my oldest granddaughter doesn't want kids. Life changes, but she has said no for 3 years now. Maybe she will break the family Chain of graduating high school, getting married, and having babies. Life changes minute by minute though. I will live vicariously through your baby pictures!

Weather yucky today. Ice. After such a warm January it is a shock to the system. There is actually snow in the forecast. We just put all the snowblower into storage. The hope is we will need to bring them back out! Work is SLOW! I squirrel so easy when we are slow. My husband is correct, I work better when under a deadline. Yesterday I painted some new shelves for a project at work.

Went to doctor yesterday with a list of questions. I love my doctor! She listens to me and answers questions. I am awaiting bloodwork results for RA, iron, vitamin b12, and a few other things. My shoulders, hips, and knees are all inflamed. Having a hard time moving in the morning. Still on anti yeast meds. For the meantime, I am on diet restrictions. No wine, cake, cookies, chocolate, candies, or pork. She did say Patron was okay. Tired of hurting all the time. Can't take nsaids. Heat and cold for inflammation. Will keep you posted. I may need some advice when we figure out what is wrong.

I did get all my steps in last night. I am exhausted. Was in bed at 9. I am just tired. I thought of Pip's boot when I just wanted to sit last night.

Welcome to the new ladies!
    Happy to see some "old" faces!
    Looking forward to all the travel pictures. Safe travels to all!
    Thankful for this supportive and smart group of ladies!

Have a smiley day!

Kylia in icy Ohio
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    m19014.gif
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    :D
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Marianne - Woo Hoo! Great news!!!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Marianne- That is wonderful news! We are celebrating with you!

<3
    Kylia
  • Maritill
    Maritill Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Kelli-Love the igloo. I too loved the clydesdale commercials and was very disappointed they weren't in the Super Bowl. Did you know that there was one born just the other day. It was a GIRL so you will never see her in a hitch. Time for more reading.
    Okiewoman-TY
    Kymarai-TY

Still have 18 mos. to go
    Marianne-WV
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Maritill wrote: »
    Hi everyone, Good morning to all. It's going to take me a while to catch up reading as I'm 10 pages behind. THat's one day. Well, I went to Charlottesville, Va yesterday for my visit to the cancer dr. about the brain MRI. Results were: NO CANCER!! Yes, I am relieved that it hasn't come back but still have to watch for the signs of brain cancer-constant headache, can't walk straight and weight loss(rapid and not trying to lose). See you all later It's been3 1/2 yrs. since my surgery and still have some issues but overall much better. I had yogurt for breakfast-salad from home for lunch and 2 hot dogs for dinner. It's 2 1/2 hrs drive one way if you don't stop so I was exhausted last night.

See you all later.
    Marianne,WV

Wonderful! So pleased for you. Hope the symptoms lessen soon.

Regards,
    Lisa in AR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,551 Member
    Options
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😁
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Got a little behind so below from Wednesday. Catching up later.
    "Todo"s and "done"
    Done: enter MEFCU & Thrivent 1099s, start entering charitable deductions, chiropractor, call for invoices from Dr and Electrician, more veg prep, Shingrix cost $163@ Freddie’s, Line Dance.
    Bonus: set up part D profile/login,
    ToDo: Tumble to groomer, BB&B, Farmers’ market, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP, Woof for gift card, Dollar General for Amy’s bday card, recycling, invest 10 mins cleaning GuestBth, carry over 10 mins Living Room, schedule DEXA scan with CHN, finish charitable deductions, write thank you note to C L, pack walk, bake bran muffins, call Carolyn D, enter mortgage interest and tax deductions when received, call Well Care for TDAP, Shingrix and Joe’s eye drops costs. Next week get Shingrix vaccine. Reward: inventory seeds, plan garden, order replenishments.

Pulled up my big girl panties and wrote that Thank You note: “Dear X, I will think of you when I read the magazine. Hope all is well with you and yours, Barbara.” The card is cute and simply says “Thank You” on the front and “very much” inside. Stamped and mailed. Thirty.

Heather you made me laugh with “dogs barking” because our dog has taught new pup to bark. She’s hypervigilant and barks at anything that’s moved, changed or new. This morning it was the Dutch broom dangling from the drier’s vibrations. Yes we occasionally hear dogs, chainsaws or gunshots from the next ridge, but never hear screeching/roaring traffic, neighbors’ music/conversations/fights, and rarely hear airplanes/helicopters overhead. Those are the noises that used to shred Joe’s nerves. Sometimes we can hear the surf. Peace. Oooh that Duoro river cruise through vineyards sounds perfect. Now I’m craving port wine, stinky chees and salted nuts, not a good thing at seven am. So happy it all fell together so quickly and well. Hooray!
    Machka your university is fortunate to have you to give them such very well informed feedback. Ah yes, the puppy telegraph! Grateful it’s only occasional here, and usually a warning to bears/cougars/deer/coons. Is triple 0 the Tassie equivalent of US’ 911 (emergency fire/police/ambulance)? Beautiful view!
    Margaret I’m tearing up at the three affirmative gifts you gave that young man, and hope to hear more of your future interactions with him. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    Sue in WA ukulele classes are popular here too, and it’s something I’m considering. Let us know how you like it?
    Teri I’m in awe of your Africa room, right down to the animal prints in the quilt.
    Barbie your Fit and Fall Proof class sounds great, especially the music. No music in our BB&B, would conflict with our coach’s “loving suggestions” ;)
    Allie proud of you for submitting the application and resume. Fingers Xd that is the right job for you and that they know how lucky they’d be to get you.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    February: better than January.
    daily: steps=4098 vits=4 log=4 CI<CO=4 CI<250<CO=3 Tumble 5/10=1 mfp=4 outside=1 clean 10 mins=3
    wkly: BB&B x3=1, rx=1 dance=1 pack walk=0
    mnthly: board mtg= grant= review 20for20=1
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    All we hear where we are are the sparrows and pigeons with the occasional seagull. No traffic. Just one motorbike that goes past the front at 7.20am. We often speculate as to who he is and what his job is. :D The first day we moved here we sat at breakfast and said, "Isn't it quiet!!!" My worry is what will happen when either side of us sells up. Both houses are not modern and I can see whoever buys them wanting to do a complete renovation. :# We had more than enough of that at our last place. Landscaping is a noisy nightmare. Oh well, perhaps we will have to go on a permanent cruise.
    Had a lovely fishy lunch with my friend and went for coffee afterwards to a new café. Good long chat. Sorted out the world.
    I'm on the train now.
    Much love, Heather UK XXXXXX
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Marianne Great news about your health!

Kylia Patrón is OK? I think you have a doctor with a sense of humor.

Heather I'm so glad you had a good visit with your friend! :)

Barbara Yay for writing the thank you note. I know how hard that can be. I'm not good at it.

Margaret Painting, Singing, and Teaching sound like food for the soul. <3

NYKAREN So glad your challenging week is over. It sounds as if you survived admirably!

Allie (((Hugs)))

>>>

Lilliana is taking a nice long nap! She'll be ravenous when she wakes up.

>>>

Karen in Virginia