40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    SFnBald wrote: »
    Trying to get things under control. Anyone have any tips for breaking my sugar addiction? It’s my biggest hurdle to getting back to a healthy life. Feel free to add me too please!

Sugar is something I struggled with for many years as an emotional eater.

I made small changes each day, that transcended to larger goals each week. I reached a point where things were too sweet for my palette.

Overall it takes effort and resilience.

I also agree with Steve, drink lots of water.

Sent a FR also.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    ... The goal is to open my deadlift with 125 kilos(275lbs), 72.5 kilos (160lbs), and 45.5 kilos for Squat. The deadlift and bench are more attainable than these dang squats. I am interacting with an experienced PL coach in Texas. He reviewed my videos and provided invaluable feedback. I may get these darn squats under control by May. The dogs and I had a long walk in the woods and they were pooped and I still wanted more scenery. Oh well, another day in my crazy life. Welcome newbies. Have a great day.

You're an inspiration, Kym. I hear you on those squats. I have been working on flexibility and doing goblet squats onto a box for months now. I think I have the form grooved. Time to get back under the bar and see what I can do.

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "Sagi's Exclusives Equipment Room: Chest & Tris"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    mcemino2 wrote: »
    KISS concert tonight!!!
    g8v1831ngnwv.jpg

Hope it was a good show! saw them in the early 90's in the no makeup phase.

saw them in the 90's as well. at MSG in NYC! Psycho Circus tour!
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Don't remember what tour it was, may have been Psycho Circus. If i remember right it was only Paul and Gene.
  • nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Day 9 abs done,let the rat race begin
  • DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    UGH--Had a crap day yesterday and ate some feelings. The scale went back up today, and damn it was ugly. Today's a new day, right?
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    KISS was epic!!! Their current drummer is AMAZING!!! Plus, of course, Gene and Paul are always epic!!! Spaceman was solid, just not as stand out as everyone else, which is cool, someone has to be relatively normal, I guess!!!

I managed to make up most of the scheduled workouts despite the crazy schedule. I did eat too much, but I'm working on making up for that slowly over the course of the week.
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    Hi....I would like to join..not sure how? I'm 43 and have 4 kids all grown and out of the house except one (he's 8 yrs old ). My goal is to lose about 10 lbs and to eat healthy. Right now I don't exercise but I'm looking to start when I find what will work for me. I'm doing the 1200 calorie count and have lost 3 lbs so far (just started last week ).

welcome to MFP! It's pretty helpful. Congrats on your weight loss.
  • gam3rguy
    "Sagi's Exclusives Equipment Room: Legs"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    mcemino2 wrote: »
    Don't remember what tour it was, may have been Psycho Circus. If i remember right it was only Paul and Gene.
    Psycho Circus was all original members. :p McFarlane Toys even did a couple lines of action figures.

• gam3rguy
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Resistance 1”=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "Brute Force Blue Line Series Lower Body AMRAP 20 Minutes!!60#!!!(25# for lunge chops)”=Done!
  • nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Day 10 abs done
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    edited February 2020
    DaniMerc72 wrote: »
    UGH--Had a crap day yesterday and ate some feelings. The scale went back up today, and damn it was ugly. Today's a new day, right?

Heard that. It was pizza night at Casa Steve yesterday. "Lots of pizza" night as it turned out. No matter - back on track today!

• gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Build: Shoulders”=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    “Brute Force Blue Line MMA Cardio AMRAP 2 20” 60# =Done!!!
  • gam3rguy
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cardio 1 Core 1”=Done!!!
  • CdnCmpr
    CdnCmpr Posts: 4 Member
    Hello everyone. I'm Missy from Ontario and just turned 44. I was a member of MFP years ago when I had to get my weight back on track after having kids (please ignore the fact that they are both teens right now - smashes head on wall). I joined about 5 years back and lost 35+lbs....then our whole family took a 2 week vacation to Florida in Nov of '18 and had a blast, and I put on about 5-10lbs...not much, but then Christmas came and you know the story. The motivation just wasn't there.
    But now....there is a different story. At the suggestion of my Dr., I have gone off my acid reflux meds cold turkey; in turn, I have cut out most chocolate....ok, chocolate after dinner, to be honest, most sugar, bananas and other citrus fruit. I have also cut out alcohol during the week and have stuck to my intermittent fasting plan.
    So, yes....I'm a huge believer in intermittent fasting. I know many aren't, mainly bc they don't believe in it or think it's bad for you. That's ok....I'm not here to win you over on intermittent fasting. I just want to gain a few friends that can make this journey with me....maybe make weight loss a bit more fun. So, if we have something in common, feel free to add me and we can help each other!
  • Nanaluvs2sweat
    Nanaluvs2sweat Posts: 97 Member
    I’m 47. I have lost 19 lbs since Jan of this year. My goal is to lose at least 50 more but my ultimate goal is to retain my healthier lifestyle. I feel better than I have in a long time already so I’m looking forward to the future!