Calorie Counter

Message Boards General Health, Fitness and Diet
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• gam3rguygam3rguy Member Posts: 3,655 Member Member Posts: 3,655 Member
    "Body Beast Build: Back/Bis, 22 Minute Hard Corps Cardio 1/Core 1 & Brute Force Blue Line Series Lower Body AMRAP 20 Minutes!!60#!!!(25# for lunge chops)”=Done!
    Who thought that was a good idea?
  • nickpnhnickpnh Member Posts: 107 Member Member Posts: 107 Member
    4 days of exercise, 3 days of ab challenge, 3 days beating step goals woohoo! Happy Wednesday!
  • potmen69potmen69 Member Posts: 14 Member Member Posts: 14 Member
    40+ dude seeks more friends for myfitnesspal. will give thumbs up for good things and try to be funny as well. please send me all of ur friend requests, as this machine scares me. its like it reads my mind and puts it into words on here. send help. pray for me.

D
    “Build Legs...Resistance 1...Blue Line MMA Cardio AMRAP 20”...25# for resistance 1! 60# for Blue line MMA!!!
    Day 4 of ab challenge and I'm glad I got it done but I'm upset at how out of shape I am. I gained 20 pounds since kid1 15 years ago but that doesn't tell the story. I was already 40 above my competition weight at that point and body weight leg lifts should not be this hard.
    Anyone else struggling with basic exercise?
  • tcunbelievertcunbeliever Member Posts: 7,830 Member Member Posts: 7,830 Member
    Struggling with basics??? I switched from regular squats to hack squats this month and almost died...or felt like I was going to die.

Struggle is good. That's where you find progress. Nothing grows in a comfort zone.

Keep at it - someday this will be your warm-up and you will be adding weights to reach the struggle!
  • nossmfnossmf Member Posts: 1,122 Member Member Posts: 1,122 Member
    My non-dominant arm will be in a cast for two weeks and then immobilized for quite some time after that.

Any tips, hacks, efficiencies, that you can recommend which I can implement throughout this time?

You asking about workout tips, or general day-in-life tips?
    "Body Beast Build: Shoulders, 22 Minute Hard Corps Cardio 2 & Core 1...& Brute Force Blue Line Series Total Body AMRAP20 2 60#!!!”=Done!
  • DaniMerc72DaniMerc72 Member Posts: 178 Member Member Posts: 178 Member
    Happy Friday! Anyone doing anything fun this weekend?
    Birthday party for my son and all the usual...baking cake and trying not to gain10 pounds in that process
    Heavy snow overnight and still falling. My oldest son tried to go to work, ended up spinning a 360 and into a ditch. He was able to drive out again, he's fine, but it convinced us to keep everybody home inside today, including my wife's college, my younger kids' school, and my gym time. Phooey.

I do have to hit up the grocery store later, but before I do I will shovel the driveway. That will count as my workout today.
  • tcunbelievertcunbeliever Member Posts: 7,830 Member Member Posts: 7,830 Member
    KISS concert tonight!!!
    g8v1831ngnwv.jpg
  • alteredsteve175alteredsteve175 Member Posts: 2,197 Member Member Posts: 2,197 Member
    Planning a desert hike with the pup and anyone else I can convince to go with us. And the never completed "honey do" list.
  • DaniMerc72DaniMerc72 Member Posts: 178 Member Member Posts: 178 Member
    My big Friday night is laundry, and working on papers for my class. Whoop-dee-do! I'm living the rockstar life here!
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cold Start & Resistance 1”=Done!
  • nurserubinnurserubin Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    I want in the club too :)
  • SFnBaldSFnBald Member Posts: 119 Member Member Posts: 119 Member
    Trying to get things under control. Anyone have any tips for breaking my sugar addiction? It’s my biggest hurdle to getting back to a healthy life. Feel free to add me too please!
  • alteredsteve175alteredsteve175 Member Posts: 2,197 Member Member Posts: 2,197 Member
    SFnBald wrote: »
    Trying to get things under control. Anyone have any tips for breaking my sugar addiction? It’s my biggest hurdle to getting back to a healthy life. Feel free to add me too please!

I can relate. I am affectionately referred to as the "Cookie Monster" by my family.

Think about when you eat sugary treats. Are you bored? Dealing with some stress? Just craving some sugar? The first step is to be aware of your mindset at the time.

I work in several different offices. There are usually some sugary treats around. I indulge occasionally, and I usually log it first. That alone will stop me sometimes.

Otherwise, I just eat something that is more in line with my eating plan. I pack a lunch and take a cooler with me every day. I also carry my preferred snacks - jerky, boiled eggs, nuts, string cheese. I will eat one of those snacks instead of a doughnut or a cookie.

And drink water - lots of water. I also use Mio water enhancer or buy drinks like VitaminWater. I am more inclined to drink if the water has some flavor.

Will send you a friend request.
    DaniMerc72 wrote: »
    Happy Friday! Anyone doing anything fun this weekend?
    Slacking and playing video games here.

So Friday I never actually left the house as it was snowing all day long, just cobbled together dinner out of whatever was in the cabinets and spent the day chilling. I think in the last six months there have been a grand total of about three days I didn't leave the house for any reason, just stay home in my PJ's and veg in front of the television with my wife. Good times, good times...

But yesterday I did spend half an hour clearing my driveway before hitting the gym for squats and deadlifts, swapping back to doing five singles with progressively heavier weight rather than five triplets with the same weight. Not sure how much bang for the buck I'm getting, but it felt good to move the weight AND not feel injured before, during or after.