40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    45 need to lose 40-60 pounds. I am hypoglycemic and the instant I consider losing weight, the cravings kick up. Superbowl party not the best day to get restarted.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    nossmf wrote: »

Gotta say, though, I really don't like doing multiple reps of deads. Personally I almost feel there's more injury risk of doing multiple moderate-weight reps in a row, where form can break down, rather than a single heavy-weight rep where focus is tight.

That's a good point that I had not considered. I have tweaked my back a couple of times doing multiple reps of deads. One thing that I have learned to do - take my time and do not rush through the set. I check and adjust form each time before pulling another rep.
  • nickpnh
    Started 30 day ab challenge on my phone today, walked yesterday and ate less than normal for a superbowl party. Have a good Monday!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "Body Beast Build: Chest/Tris & 22 Minute Hard Corps Cardio 1/Core1”=Done!
  • Ten minutes on the bike today! For someone with exercise intolerance, this is a victory that I intend to build on.
  • My non-dominant arm will be in a cast for two weeks and then immobilized for quite some time after that.

Any tips, hacks, efficiencies, that you can recommend which I can implement throughout this time?
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Happy Monday kids, took full advantage of a 60 degree day in February by running a half mile and then varied bench presses. Have a great day ahead.
  • gam3rguy
    Brute Force Blue Line Fitness Series: Total Body AMRAP 2!! 60#!!!
  • nickpnh
    Met my step goal for the day. Aiming for consistency this week before bumping up the goal. Goodnight.
  • gam3rguy
    “22 Minute Hard Corps Resistance 1 & Brute Force Blue Line Fitness Series: MMA Cardio AMRAP 20 minutes”!!!25#HC/60#BF!!!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Build: Back/Bis, 22 Minute Hard Corps Cardio 1/Core 1 & Brute Force Blue Line Series Lower Body AMRAP 20 Minutes!!60#!!!(25# for lunge chops)”=Done!
    Who thought that was a good idea?
  • nickpnh
    4 days of exercise, 3 days of ab challenge, 3 days beating step goals woohoo! Happy Wednesday!
  • potmen69
    potmen69 Posts: 14 Member
    40+ dude seeks more friends for myfitnesspal. will give thumbs up for good things and try to be funny as well. please send me all of ur friend requests, as this machine scares me. its like it reads my mind and puts it into words on here. send help. pray for me.

D
  • gam3rguy
    “Build Legs...Resistance 1...Blue Line MMA Cardio AMRAP 20”...25# for resistance 1! 60# for Blue line MMA!!!
  • nickpnh
    Day 4 of ab challenge and I'm glad I got it done but I'm upset at how out of shape I am. I gained 20 pounds since kid1 15 years ago but that doesn't tell the story. I was already 40 above my competition weight at that point and body weight leg lifts should not be this hard.
    Anyone else struggling with basic exercise?
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Struggling with basics??? I switched from regular squats to hack squats this month and almost died...or felt like I was going to die.

Struggle is good. That's where you find progress. Nothing grows in a comfort zone.

Keep at it - someday this will be your warm-up and you will be adding weights to reach the struggle!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,903 Member
    My non-dominant arm will be in a cast for two weeks and then immobilized for quite some time after that.

Any tips, hacks, efficiencies, that you can recommend which I can implement throughout this time?

You asking about workout tips, or general day-in-life tips?
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Build: Shoulders, 22 Minute Hard Corps Cardio 2 & Core 1...& Brute Force Blue Line Series Total Body AMRAP20 2 60#!!!”=Done!
  • DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    Happy Friday! Anyone doing anything fun this weekend?
  • nickpnh
    Birthday party for my son and all the usual...baking cake and trying not to gain10 pounds in that process