Volume Eaters Thread

1959698100101107

Replies

  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    For the love of volume and produce. Also meatless Monday 😁

    syh79tij6dsw.jpg

    dang, that looks good!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,878 Member
    Kalex1975 wrote: »
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    I also prefer large volumes of food, but I don't really eat fruits or veggies, so it is something I struggle with. Following along for, hopefully, some good ideas.

    My best addition to this thread, though it's not "real food" is probably going to be protein fluff. Basically, 1 scoop of casein, 10ish oz of a liquid, and a little xanthan gum, then whip the hell out of it... ends up having the consistency very similar to mousse or whipped cream.


    AWesome! I am going to try it with plant protein.I use Glucomannan to make my protein super thick and make it warm, hot with cinnamon on top. I am having that right now :)

    I am not sure plant protein works for fluff... I think casein is required (doesn't have to be 100%, protein powders that have a mix of it and whey also work - like Quest).

    I have not tried it, but I've heard from others that it absolutely doesn't work without casein.
  • gremloBBPT
    gremloBBPT Posts: 48 Member
    @beulah81 Apples and pears. They still make me bloat if I eat a large one, but small or medium are usually fine now.
  • beulah81
    beulah81 Posts: 168 Member
    gremloBBPT wrote: »
    @beulah81 Apples and pears. They still make me bloat if I eat a large one, but small or medium are usually fine now.

    Thank you for your reply. I am exactly the same. X
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 12,077 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    For the love of volume and produce. Also meatless Monday 😁

    syh79tij6dsw.jpg

    dang, that looks good!

    One more reason to go meatless everyday...yummmmmmmm
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    For the love of volume and produce. Also meatless Monday 😁

    syh79tij6dsw.jpg

    dang, that looks good!

    One more reason to go meatless everyday...yummmmmmmm

    I wouldn't go that far! 😂
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,354 Member
    Huge plate palmini noodles, bell peppers, onions, Italian seasoning, tomato sauce, truvia, no salt salt, garlic powder, onion powder. Only 110 calories for this huge plate. Hit the spot! I really love the texture of palmini noodles. They are very similar to pasta. Not soft and slippery like tofu noodles which are more like Asian style. These are more like al dente pasta. 8y0zfeij4u6h.jpeg
    70td131dgbyy.jpeg
    c0qs5qp3mp6f.jpeg
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    That looks SO good, @Noreenmarie1234 !!
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    I have been loving rutabega recently
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,722 Member
    I've been slathering so many things with fried(in Pam)mushrooms, onions, spinach lately and it's so good!! Last night my dinner was a veggie burger topped with those veggies, along with, avocado, tomato and lettuce(no bun), followed by 2 clementines. I was full!
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    moogie_fit wrote: »
    I have been loving rutabega recently

    I've been loving rutabaga recently as well... so tasty - has a slight sweetness. I just roast it with a little olive oil and salt/pepper. Do you add any other herbs or spices?
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 5,366 Member
    Kalex1975 wrote: »
    moogie_fit wrote: »
    I have been loving rutabega recently

    I've been loving rutabaga recently as well... so tasty - has a slight sweetness. I just roast it with a little olive oil and salt/pepper. Do you add any other herbs or spices?

    I've been trying vegetables I'd never tried before this last year and my first up was rutabaga. I sliced it and apples with a mandoline and layered with apple slices and red onion with a little salt and pepper and baked, it was really good!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    "plate mop" :D
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Kalex1975 wrote: »
    moogie_fit wrote: »
    I have been loving rutabega recently

    I've been loving rutabaga recently as well... so tasty - has a slight sweetness. I just roast it with a little olive oil and salt/pepper. Do you add any other herbs or spices?

    I've been boiling it or making fries. And always. Add like all the steak spice to all my foods
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,923 Member
    This is breakfast: noatmeal I added chia atop, this is pretty big meal for me
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,923 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    I also prefer large volumes of food, but I don't really eat fruits or veggies, so it is something I struggle with. Following along for, hopefully, some good ideas.

    My best addition to this thread, though it's not "real food" is probably going to be protein fluff. Basically, 1 scoop of casein, 10ish oz of a liquid, and a little xanthan gum, then whip the hell out of it... ends up having the consistency very similar to mousse or whipped cream.


    Where do you get casein?
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,923 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    This is a huge in volume and very low calorie meal. Last night dinner.
    200g cod loin, 200g green beans, 125ml light coconut milk, bag of shiratake rice made in coconut milk and saffron, low cal pita used as a plate mop, spices, garlic, ginger.

    kvem5105b1es.jpg

    🤤this looks fabulous I’ll have to try it especially the magic 🍚. Can you get that at a regular store?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,354 Member
    FYI I tried to make noodles with the miracle noodles and freeze them and then microwave in the future. They DO NOT freeze well. Really weird gummy dry texture. txhslhevvp0s.jpeg
  • pitponies
    pitponies Posts: 8 Member
    volume is everything!
    My husband can't believe when I sit down with practically a washing up bowl of salad!
    I like to stir through something really tasty
    Spicy prawns
    Avacado in lime chilli and cumin
    28 g of very finely grated parmesan. really makes a difference!
    Quorn pieces and mushrooms pre-sprinkled with chilli and cumin and dry fried, add a little water to begin with then really brown, stir through salad. Enjoy
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,354 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    FYI I tried to make noodles with the miracle noodles and freeze them and then microwave in the future. They DO NOT freeze well. Really weird gummy dry texture. txhslhevvp0s.jpeg

    Why did you freeze them?

    Because I made a few lunches in containers a few weeks ago but didn’t end up eating all of them. Wanted to save for the future and not throw out.