What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• tvm1970
    tvm1970 Posts: 161 Member
    Sweet potato and cauliflower curry with rice and garlic naan
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Baked stuffed chicken sausage/mushroom/veg eggplant boats. Side salad.

yp0tq744342m.jpg
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Spaghetti with shrimp, EVOO, small piece of red pepper, black pepper, garlic, veg broth crystals, and white wine.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    edited February 2020
    Last night dinner: 7.5 oz air fried chicken breast and riced cauliflower and sugar free bbq sauce. Also had light and fit vanilla yogurt with fresh blueberries. Total calories: 442 and 67 grams of protein.
    blgsy71l382b.jpg
  • karenscfld
    karenscfld Posts: 38 Member
    My dinner last night was so delicious and easy. Califlower with Shrimp casserol. Very very low cabs.
    1/2 head of califlower chopped, place in a baking dish
    4 celery stalks, chopped, add to the baking dish.
    Place 12 ounces of peeled shrimp on top of the califlower and celery.
    In a sauce pan, melt two TBS of butter.
    Add 1 cup of heavy cream
    add one 1/2 a boursine herb cheese and 3 ounces of sharp cheddar cheese.
    add about 1 tsp of curry powder if you like the taste and salt and pepper

bring to a light boil and melt the cheeses.
    Pour over the califlower mixture.
    Chop about 1/4 cup of nuts (almonds or pecans) and top the baking dish
    sprinkle with parmesan cheese
    Bake for 35 minutes at 350.

This is yummy!!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    Seafood laksa made with commercial laksa. Making scratch laksa paste for the freezer tonight.
    y32t5mq4k05n.jpeg
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    chicken and gnocchi soup with garlic bread
  • rlf27
    rlf27 Posts: 11 Member
    I made pork fajitas with yellow and red bell peppers, jallapenos, onion, mushrooms, garlic pintos and carnitas big dish!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    edited February 2020
    Sea bass in "acqua pazza" (crazy water). Take a large skillet, add EVOO and fry a garlic clove, add chopped tomatos, olives, about half a tumbler of water (liquid level should not go beyond half of the fish) salt and pepper. Simmer 10 min. Add cleaned fish and a little white wine, cover and cook 15-20 min turning once. My fish weren't very big--3 of them, if you've got bigger fish you'll need to cook them longer.
    I also made spinach in a non-stick frying pan with butter and a little salt.
  • acpgee
    I always lovethat crazy water description.
  • jjkh5970
    jjkh5970 Posts: 466 Member
    Porkchops pan fried in olive oil, green beans, crock pot Mac and cheese
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    fried perch with red pepper salad
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Asparagus cream soup last night. Sauteed with onion and garlic, cooked in chicken stock and pureed. Dollop of sour cream and it was delish!
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 432 Member
    Beef stew! In time for the snowfall.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited February 2020
    Now that I'm nearly 100% again in terms of not being ill, I am doing that whole cooking thing.

x4o0bn8se8e4.jpg

Wednesday: a really oddly written laffa recipe that, while unfortunately written resulted in really poofy bread. Also not really braised cabbage in a tasty tomato sauce from Bon Appetit. Can take a lot of salt, more than I gave it. Really I think it's a "salt at the table" sort of dish.

Today: another brassica recipe from Bon Appetit, this time in the form of broccoli. I would have prefered that it not be roasted in the (very large) pan, but rather on a baking sheet. It would have done less steaming that way and been more crispy. It also would have resulted in cleaning more than one dish which I would have been ok with.
  • acpgee
    Third experiment with the sous vide stick I got for my birthday. Rump steak sous vide at 55.5C for 1.5 hr, reverse seared on a 240C skillet. Gratin dauphinois was batch cooked in takeaway boxes as several will go into the freezer. Sautéed frozen peas and green salad.
    sfqef8nst8a0.jpeg

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    I have baked apples baking in the oven at the moment.
  • Saturday lunch is always kosher beef coney dogs, chips, and pickles. Dinner tonight was out; Eldest Son will be 25 Monday, so I took him out for steak.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited February 2020
    Baccalà in Guazetto Alla Romana on the menu.

(Salted Cod with a tomato sauce, some awesome aromatic 🌿 herbs, onions, raisins, pine nuts...) 😋

Wish I had some Valpolicella to go with right now. 🤔
  • noelkro80
    noelkro80 Posts: 248 Member
    edited February 2020
    My breakfast just of 2 wholemeal toast with baked beans on top & 2 poached eggs on top. Delicious