Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member

*** It's WEDNESDAY !!!! ***

Good morning everyone~~

I need to get dressed and run across town to the hospital to see DH. His surgery was 8 hours long yesterday, but it went really well.

I'll be back later. I hit a new all time high this morning, and I will need your help wrangling this situation.
    🙏🏻💗

Lana

258.2 highest
    258.2 today
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    Good morning,

New meds still gives me insomnia but not so bad.... will try and work out another sleep schedule.

Lana - when food gets too powerful maybe you need to walk off some of the calories? Will keep thinking on this. Oh yeah, when have you last used your meditation podcasts?

Not much on tap today, so I hope to finally make my quiche. Did toss some old Christmas ornaments out, I may keep the rest up.

Wave to all who follow.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Lana- glad DH surgery went well... maybe, make a couple laps around hospital, in between visiting? Just a thought...
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello!
    Lana - I am glad that the surgery went well as well. You have a lot on your plate...don't give up! Take care of yourself!!!!!
    Waves to Sara and Dawn, Tracy and Kathryn and everyone else!
    Busy at work! whew! Hardly time to think. Like that they days go by fast, but it is crazy!

CW 191.6
    HW 207
    GW 189 (Friday- getting close :wink: )

• LanaCabana537
    edited February 2020
    Good morning ladies~~

I must hurry and get over to the hospital.
    Yes, the combination of no exercise, really salty foods that are fatty and bread-y, and maybe the Trazadone (prescribed by my doctor for this common use of an antidepressant) I've been taking to try to sleep have been the causes of the weight shooting up.

Hopefully DH will get released today, and once he is home, I know he will be sleeping most of the time. This means I can get out to walk and eat a bit better--salads/no cooking....

I will resume the Beck stuff as soon as I can.

💖
    Lana

258.8 highest
    258.8 today
    179.0 goal
  • CdnCmpr
    CdnCmpr Posts: 4 Member
    Hello everyone. I'm Missy from Ontario and just turned 44. I was a member of MFP years ago when I had to get my weight back on track after having kids (please ignore the fact that they are both teens right now - smashes head on wall). I joined about 5 years back and lost 35+lbs....then our whole family took a 2 week vacation to Florida in Nov of '18 and had a blast, and I put on about 5-10lbs...not much, but then Christmas came and you know the story. The motivation just wasn't there.
    But now....there is a different story. At the suggestion of my Dr., I have gone off my acid reflux meds cold turkey; in turn, I have cut out most chocolate....ok, chocolate after dinner, to be honest, most sugar, bananas and other citrus fruit. I have also cut out alcohol during the week and have stuck to my intermittent fasting plan.
    So, yes....I'm a huge believer in intermittent fasting. I know many aren't, mainly bc they don't believe in it or think it's bad for you. That's ok....I'm not here to win you over on intermittent fasting. I just want to gain a few friends that can make this journey with me....maybe make weight loss a bit more fun. So, if we have something in common, feel free to add me and we can help each other!
  • brennerjlb
    Hello all and returner CdnCmpr.
    Good group here - all do different things diet wise, but great support.
    Lana - good luck today. I will provide the quote I read daily from one of the Beck days:
    I WILL BE HAPPIER BEING HEALTHY IN THE LONG RUN THAN IF I SATISFY THIS TEMPORARY DESIRE TO EAT!
    That one really rang true with me and I try and remind myself of that at least daily!
    Sara - hello! Sleeping in today :wink:

CW 191.0
    HW 207
    GW 186 by 2/29(revised again, but still working my way toward it)

Waves to all!
    Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    THURSDAY

Good morning, Yup, slept in while I can. 10am apt today and tomorrow, so I must set the alarm.

Tomorrow I get dental cleaning, something that has slipped in the last month..... down the street from a chocolate shop and being Valentines day I deserve something small.

Missy from Ontario - I am also a chocoholic - good for you for changing your diet. Stop by and post when you can let us know how you are doing.

I cut short Miss T's dog walk so I have a feeling that is next.

Lynn I like those #s.

Will stop by later.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Missy I am sorry I thought your new picture was animals so I had to get the picture bigger - trailer right?

Seems my apt was yesterday and my apt card says Wednesday 02/13/2020 and while I will have to pay the no show charges I am thrilled I am not also getting dementia - my apt is now tomorrow before dental apt and I can show them the apt card.

My purchase at the chocolate shop just got bigger....... :s
  • brennerjlb
    TGIF!!!
    Sara - I hope they waived the fees! That seems like their fault!

Got chocolate from the DH this AM. Will try and keep it to one a day :wink:

Hope all have a great weekend - not much planned for me, which is perfect for me!

Lynn

CW 190.8
    HW 207
    GW 186
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Afternoon already,

Psych apt, they will try and waive the fee when they saw the apt card. Got 5 pieces of nice chocolate, have given away 1, then dental cleaning.

Lynn - the chocolate place was PACKED with men at 9am - Glad your DH remembered. Enjoy and dont worry about it.

What cooking/meal plans does anyone have?

Miss T's servant.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    1v31tg3rruub.png
  • brennerjlb
    Miss T's Servant :smiley: too funny!
  • LanaCabana537

*** SATURDAY February 15th ***

Good morning Ladies~~

Lynn, I love that quote you highlighted:
    "I WILL BE HAPPIER BEING HEALTHY IN THE LONG RUN THAN IF I SATISFY THIS TEMPORARY DESIRE TO EAT!"

That is a biggie! Thank you~~

I will be back later to attack the next Beckism...

Lana

257.0 today
    258.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Goodmorning! I’m Flora from Italy, I would like to join this forum for mutual support! 💕

I do am a serial starter of diets because i’m unable to actually follow a diet: food is comfort in dark times since i was a little girl and I’ve been having an ED in the past.
    Now I’ve 9-10 kgs to lose and it seems a very distant goal. I’ve just downloaded MFP and how you seem so active and nice to eachothers motivates me. :)
    Have a nice day!

Start weight: 64,8Kg
    Goal weight: 56kg
  • LanaCabana537

Welcome Flora from Italy!! How exciting to meet you. Welcome~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon

Sorry for being late today.

Lana I am with you - Lynn's quote is a good one, but I dont always listen to it........ There may be cake today, so I had better go out and get more steps.

Bacon/cheese/onion quiche today/tomorrow - using Bacon grease and bacon pieces for Collard Greens.

Need to get my teeth cleaning routine back in line as well. More time to knit?

Nap or walk? Miss T has voted and walk it is.

• holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    I just found this community. I do not have any social media accts. I too am a serial starter.I did really well 7 yrs ago. And had medication issues and gained it all back. My depression will not quit. You seem like a caring group. I'm short and round but swim about 3 miles per week. Strength to DH caregiver.
  • LanaCabana537

You all can tell that I'm tired: I missed Missy from Ontario and now it's time to say hello to Holly 👋🏻
    Welcome to everyone who stops by.

To the Usual Suspects: I am dogged tired from doing food shopping and walking and more food shopping and more walking. I have put together a really yummy huge batch of beef stroganoff, using the most healthy ingredients possible. Most of it will get portioned off into freezer containers.

Oh goodness, now I might have forgotten what i was going to say.....

Oh yes......let's do more Beck tomorrow or Monday.

💖💖💖

Lana
  • LanaCabana537

*** SUNDAY FUNDAY? ***

What is everyone doing today?

I am going to try to get in some walking for exercise and fun, instead of drudgery and errands.....

Lana

forgot to weigh today