Calorie Counter

Message Boards Recipes
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• pessxxpessxx Member Posts: 442 Member Member Posts: 442 Member
    fried perch with red pepper salad
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 8,897 Member Member Posts: 8,897 Member
    Roasted red pepper crusted haddock with french fries and pickled red cabbage salad. No air fryer was hurt in the process ;)
  • weatherking2019weatherking2019 Member Posts: 719 Member Member Posts: 719 Member
    Asparagus cream soup last night. Sauteed with onion and garlic, cooked in chicken stock and pureed. Dollop of sour cream and it was delish!
  • janicemlovejanicemlove Member Posts: 47 Member Member Posts: 47 Member
    Beef stew! In time for the snowfall.
  • aokoyeaokoye Member Posts: 3,497 Member Member Posts: 3,497 Member
    Now that I'm nearly 100% again in terms of not being ill, I am doing that whole cooking thing.

x4o0bn8se8e4.jpg

Wednesday: a really oddly written laffa recipe that, while unfortunately written resulted in really poofy bread. Also not really braised cabbage in a tasty tomato sauce from Bon Appetit. Can take a lot of salt, more than I gave it. Really I think it's a "salt at the table" sort of dish.

Today: another brassica recipe from Bon Appetit, this time in the form of broccoli. I would have prefered that it not be roasted in the (very large) pan, but rather on a baking sheet. It would have done less steaming that way and been more crispy. It also would have resulted in cleaning more than one dish which I would have been ok with.
    edited February 14
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 8,897 Member Member Posts: 8,897 Member
    Fries, pork kebabs, fatoush salad.
  • acpgeeacpgee Member Posts: 4,908 Member Member Posts: 4,908 Member
    Third experiment with the sous vide stick I got for my birthday. Rump steak sous vide at 55.5C for 1.5 hr, reverse seared on a 240C skillet. Gratin dauphinois was batch cooked in takeaway boxes as several will go into the freezer. Sautéed frozen peas and green salad.
    sfqef8nst8a0.jpeg

• aokoyeaokoye Member Posts: 3,497 Member Member Posts: 3,497 Member
    I have baked apples baking in the oven at the moment.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Member Posts: 616 Member Member Posts: 616 Member
    Saturday lunch is always kosher beef coney dogs, chips, and pickles. Dinner tonight was out; Eldest Son will be 25 Monday, so I took him out for steak.
  • Safari_Gal_Safari_Gal_ Member Posts: 623 Member Member Posts: 623 Member
    Baccalà in Guazetto Alla Romana on the menu.

(Salted Cod with a tomato sauce, some awesome aromatic 🌿 herbs, onions, raisins, pine nuts...) 😋

Wish I had some Valpolicella to go with right now. 🤔
    edited February 16
  • miss_zita_2020miss_zita_2020 Member Posts: 8,359 Member Member Posts: 8,359 Member
    Baked sweet potato, grilled salmon and steamed carrots and broccoli.
  • noelkro80noelkro80 Member Posts: 248 Member Member Posts: 248 Member
    My breakfast just of 2 wholemeal toast with baked beans on top & 2 poached eggs on top. Delicious
    edited February 16
  • snowflake954snowflake954 Member Posts: 4,927 Member Member Posts: 4,927 Member
    frittata with spinach, homemade chicken broth with small meat ravioli and freshly grated PR.
  • epangiliepangili Member Posts: 805 Member Member Posts: 805 Member
    Spaghetti squash and meatballs
    Sous vide beef rendang, sautéed spinach, sticky rice.
    9sdpbcvt63fz.jpeg
    Lamb rubbed with rosemary & elderflower-mint infused olive oil/ roasted cauliflower & crispy artichoke leaves.

fjlsr14a07b1.jpeg

edited February 16
  • silverstar65silverstar65 Member Posts: 96 Member Member Posts: 96 Member
    Saturday, navy beans, porkchops, seasoned greens and corn bread. Leftovers Sunday! Yumms
    Poached cod & shrimp with a saffron brodo. 🌿 Mixed in cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and green onions... 👩‍🍳
    Starter was baby gem salad with halved grapes, feta, candied pecans and red onion. Main of pan fried sole, oven chips and kewpie mayonnaise.
    ta1x8wqnvuax.jpeg
    8m07eh7gcvbv.jpeg