WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2020

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Heather: Keeping my fingers crossed that you don’t have wind damage today, and that you’re able to watch your TV programs. :star:

SuziQ: You are absolutely right that nobody really knows what the future holds in store for us. :star:

Ani in TO: Welcome!!! :bigsmile:

Pip: Nice car! Lead feet run in our family. We do okay in town but we use cruise control on the open highways to stay within the speed limits. :devil:

Karen in VA: Yes, I figured out that it was Irish Terri. :embarassed:

Rori: I’ll have to look through my family albums to see if there is a photo with Peter Cat that I can copy and upload. Her mama was a Siamese and her daddy was a black neighborhood tomcat. She had the body and build of a Siamese and her daddy's black coat. :smiley:

Irish Terri: Brilliant and true. I try to do this too. “Heather: At our age, death is an ever present worry. But I choose not to dwell on it too much. I have a very fatalistic view on life. Things will happen whether I worry about them or not, so why waste my time and energy angsting over what lies ahead. I give thanks every morning when I wake up, and endeavour to make the most of whatever turns up.”

Barbara: Regarding high water mark in the fireplace: The year these town houses were built there was a massive flood on the Columbia River and its tributaries in Western Oregon and SW Washington. The Bonneville Dam managers goofed up and let too much water out of the dam, and that resulted in massive flooding when the tide came in. They had forgotten to take tides into their equation. All of the townhouses under construction in this development got wet inside, as did a lot of homes along the Willamette River and its tributaries. We lived in Tualatin then and our house there was never in danger. We can still see a highwater mark in our fireplace here. There were also lives lost in Western Oregon as drivers tried to push through flooded low-lying places and some people drowned in their sunken cars on roads along the Willamette River. It was a bad time in Oregon and SW Washington. We’ve had high water a couple of times since we moved here, but it has never reached the top of the river banks. :noway:

Heather: Edie is lovely. The shape of her face reminds me of yours. Two beauties! :bigsmile:

I have a riding lesson today at noon. YAY!!!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Luci- I was similar my friend too age wise, but Daughter y JR are a bigger difference Daughter was in the Navy at early 17yrs old was helping recruiter sign folks up to help her career folder 📁 ahead of time y finishing Highschool (her birthday at the end of school so turned 18 shipped out graduation 👩‍🎓 time litterely a month or two after I had him. ). I was called geriatric so many times I called the Doctor old man y geriatric until he got mad told me to stop . We finally agreed on not using the word if he forgot I’d start up again. Kept him quiet,but didn’t start it till near the end wish I had pestered him earlier!

Hubby older than me so he’s been 40 our whole stuff on to be 5yr marriage. I’m only a few years younger he calls me millennial to upset me. He finds himself cute...luckily I do too.

Not sure if she’s found the community pages yet but she has made an account ,logged exercise once,y figured out how to send a message y comment on my news feed so she’s getting there. With a 2yr old not much time in the day to conquer it quickly. She’ll find us soon enough I bet.

Amber Tx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Figuring out my meal plan for hubby y me. Ugghhh made the meals higher calories this time so less snack Cals left! Figuring it out so we get 1 mini granola,2 peanut butter granola balls,y 14 pretzel crisp chips . Add a Gatorade zero or water this is a good snack.

The meal highest calories almost 450 range
    Shrimp 🦐 in garlic butter garlic powder pepper, oven plain no seasoning baked (in water bottom of pan) ,lettuce,apple 1/4th, maple glazed salad topping a spoon 🥄 duo sprinkled,onion 1/16 but recorded as 1/8, carrot 🥕 1,cut up into dimes placed in it.

The other dish same but no shrimp 420cal range instead a hamburger helper pasta with no butters,unsweetened almond milk just a little ,lots of water so lower calories. Maple bites melt when heated so yummy 😋 salad flavoring

Only heat 3minutes every meal. Except this snack

Amber Tx

NEXT snacks Soon when got containers again thinking of a 25cal can sugarfree Apple pie filling in it with some yummies that goes with it.

Next meals considering rice 🍚,potatoe bakes seasoned pieces, a 20cal teriyaki sauce on rice ,plain chicken or garlic butter steak .
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    PIP ~ I think Yogi likes his new ride!

SuziQ ~ The story of your husband's passing was so sad. And, it is so sad about his mom and her feelings about the house and death.

Rebecca ~ Your son looks like he adores Athena and I know he must be the best father around.

Carol in GA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    :star:
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Carol, my son has to be very vigilant with her and their two dogs. The smaller dog plays with Athena, but play nips at her. The bigger dog just stays out of Athena's way. I hope as she gets older she will still be the Alpha dog in that situation.💖
    💖Rebecca
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    stat for the day;

my bike on a trainer- Zwift free trial - fitness test- 1hr, 18.1mi, 126ahr, 167aw, 161mhr, 531c
    Apple Watch- 562c

I did a lot better than I thought I would
  • pipcd34
    Correction- 169aw, did a lot better than I thought
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Hi everyone! I’m three weeks in using MFP app. I’ve always followed weight watchers so counting calories is a first for me. I’m 55 and have been on a yo-yo with WW since I was 14. I recently went to a hypnotist. He is the one who told me about this app and counting calories etc.
    I’m looking for friends here for support and kindness. I live in CT. I LOATHE exercise but I want to be healthy and able to play with my grandkids once they arrive! I’ve a feeling within the next three years there will be at least one!!!

Anyone out there that has similarities in my story?
    ✨😇💞🙏🏻✨

Wondering why you loathe exercise? And is it all exercise or just certain types?

M in Oz

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    I loathe certain types myself,but others I love.I miss having a heated pool y hot tub at my disposal plus a nice nature walk. I loathe crossfit classes to any that say push beyond pain. I get injured 🤕 I’m the gotta listen to my body y stop 🛑 when signs say so kind.
    If I could do It without competition or push through folks I would have back in the day. I hate yoga for the same reason...rather be on my own terms at home

Amber Tx
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,304 Member
    SuziQ – I can understand your feelings about the house.

Kylia – I’ll let you know the next time I am heading over to Trader Joe’s. However, I just learned they have also opened a Cheryl’s cookie store-that could be hazardous!

Allie-enjoy the vacation. It sounds like you are as prepared as you can be.

Heather-your granddaughter sounds a lot like mine-she is always coming up with games to play, loves to use her imagination for pretend. They are precious but can be exhausting!

Took some time to do a couple of things I wanted to and gave myself primarily a rest day. Spent time researching to see if anything new on treatments for my thyroid cancer (not much). Checked out new wallets on Amazon (didn't buy one). Got boxes out of basement and broken down and took to recycle. Got a couple more boxes of stuff down there ready for Goodwill. Will drop them off there tomorrow when I go to gym (gotta love President's Day holiday!). Will see if handyman can stop by tomorrow to talk about doors.

Ears are a bit achy tonight-think it is probably sinus. Off to see if a good night's sleep helps.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Maritill
    Maritill Posts: 146 Member
    All caught up with reading. Had a very relaxing weekend. Now the week begins. I'm going to try some new vegetable recipes. Have a great week everyone!
  • pipcd34