WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Kylia: We have oak floors in the whole house except upstairs bathrooms and laundry. They are ceramic floor tiles. There is a carpet runner on our stairs with oak edges. I would likely make the same choices again if we ever decide to remodel. Carpet on the stairs reduces the “ouch factor” if there is a fall. So far, no falls. :bigsmile:

JanetO: Good luck with your new position. It is wonderful that you can return to your current job if the new one doesn’t suit you. :smiley:

Barbara & Kylia: We have AT&T for our cell phones and TV, (Direct TV). To get data, we have to use Century Link. We also use Century Link for our house phones. Would a combination of satellite and local phone company services solve your problem? :huh: I’ll have to admit I’m not thrilled with paying two service providers. Regarding healthcare--We love our primary care doctor. She is brilliant and responsive if/when we have problems. I tried the glass of red wine last night and may do so again. :heart:

Heather: We’ve been having more fish than usual. Our local store has been able to stock perfectly lovely cod. DH is still unwilling to eat salmon. I’m not sure why not. It is something connected to farmed rather than wild caught fish. :flowerforyou:

I have a city meeting tonight. I’ve read my packet and plan to review it one more time before the meeting begins.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,350 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Went to the bowling alley to see about subbing. They have (to me) a weird system down here. Seems you pay, some people pay in advance, and if you have to leave for an extended period of time (say you have surgery) you have the option of resigning from the league and they aren’t allowed to put in a sub. See, in our league, if you are out (even for an extended period of time) they get a sub or put you in an “blind”. The sub pays for the games, not you. I would think this would make more work for the club since you have to figure out how much to refund a person

Then went to WalMart to get a mattress cover for one of the beds, a new should curtain liner for one of the tubs, and milk for Vince. Now home and we’ll probably put the liner on the bed.

Just put the cover on the mattress. Wasn't as hard as the one we put on our bed

Barbara – I do hope you get cell service.

I got an email from Caremark saying that they were going to fill an order and I'd be billed after it was shipped. I called to cancel the order. Vince went on and on about how I should have told them how Caremark was part of my private insurance. I told them that before and nothing happened. So I just cancelled the order. I'm not him.

Michele in FL who will probably go in the pool now
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Allie ~ I did that to a wool sweater when I was in high school. It was too bad because I didn't have many clothes and felt like a total disaster. In a family of 5 kids, there just wasn't a lot of funds for spending.
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Why does wool shrink when you wash it, but doesn't shrink when it's on the sheep? :smiley:

I did that to a blanket a long time ago. It just suddenly became a baby blanket. I thought it shrunk in the dryer.

Tina in CA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,899 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Heather: My doctor suggested a daily glass of red wine. I had one yesterday. I don’t plan to have one on a daily basis. Too easy to over do it. :embarassed:

From what I've read and what my Dr has said ...

If you do not drink alcohol frequently or at all ... don't start.

If you do drink alcohol regularly ... cut back to one glass of red wine/day or less.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/265635.php

"any health benefits only apply to moderate drinking. The United States (U.S.) Dietary Guidelines 2015 to 2020 define moderate drinking as: "Up to one drink per day for women"

"Red wine is high in resveratrol, and it may offer various health benefits."

"Grapes and berries are a better source of resveratrol than red wine, so eating these is likely to be more healthful than drinking wine."

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,557 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Heather: My doctor suggested a daily glass of red wine. I had one yesterday. I don’t plan to have one on a daily basis. Too easy to over do it. :embarassed:

Karen in VA: The only postpartum misery I remember was extremely sore breasts from mastitis. I managed that with help from the ob-gyn. My mom knew nothing about breast feeding, but she came and stayed with us and took care of our son when DH & I both came down with a nasty flu. When we were well enough she went home and came down with the same nasty flu. Ah, the good old days. . .. :wink:

Pip: We have a wool rug with a similar design as the one your sweet pup is resting on. :star:

A plumber came to install our new faucets in the kitchen. His price quote was exorbitant, so DH sent him away. He plans to do it himself. He has the skill but I worry about his strength and agility. I plan to give him the help I can. If we need to hire someone, we will. Plumbers are more expensive than I ever imagined. :noway: I have a city meeting this evening. I’ve read all the materials and will review them again before I go.

That’s because we both have great taste
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,350 Member
    Options
    Tracey –I portioned my cereal in order to log it accurately. When we go out meeting friends, I’ll just watch what I eat. Another advantage is that I have less of tendency toward “portion distortion”

Michele in warm FL
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,899 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Tracey –I portioned my cereal in order to log it accurately. When we go out meeting friends, I’ll just watch what I eat. Another advantage is that I have less of tendency toward “portion distortion”

Michele in warm FL

But why not just weigh it out when you use it?
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,557 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 8.16min,, 139mhr, 11.5amph, 1.58mi= 67c
    apple watch- 72c
    LATERAL MACHINE- 45min, 10w, 6resist, 20laps,57aw, 146mhr, 116ahr, 4.83mi= 315c
    apple watch- 289c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.35min, 144mhr, 15.7amph, 1.45mi= 52c
    apple watch- 57c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 15.57min, 146mhr, 11.5amph, 3.04mi= 162c
    apple watch- 118c
    Jog sta 2 wrk- 5.26min, 9.43min mi, 152mhr, .55mi= 67c
    apple watch- 63c
    Jog wrk 2 sta- 4.49min, 10.36min mi, 145mhr, .45mi= 58c
    apple watch- 83c
    bike ride dome 2 hm, windy- 23.20min, 142mhr, 6.7amph, 2.59mi= 187c
    apple watch- 146c

total cal 908
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    So true so true especially not during a super bowl to their me time lol 😂. I’m a stinker I leave the pads where he can see them on purpose found out his ex y ex step daughter hid them he has no clue if she had periods or not. Lol he knows when I did or didn’t! I also left Daughters stuff in view even tho she hid them . Bloody clothes on top of the wash! He learned real fast what we go through I was tired of his no clue attitude. I also included him in on pregnancy hemroids to vomiting. Boob rashes to the mastitis mid pregnancy multiple times! My Csection y he cleaned up the blood in the house from my placental abruption...The Amulance driver y fireman who saw it all came out saying I’ve never seen anything like this she’s dying get her in get her in!! So bravo 👏 hubby who cleaned it up. Mother-in-law tried to clean the fridge y in front of it he said leave it let’s go!! Lol 😂. Since as you know you hear a pop see blood in the kitchen you go to a bathroom (trail of tears 😭 will call it) to the front door to let the help in! I say on the bed don’t even remember that tho. So I left a trail all over even to the baby room to grab bags put by the door which I forgot lol 😂. He brought my purse y bags 💼. He don’t show me that as I showed off my Csection healing lol 😂 daily to him y breast pump.Told him every pee accident to constipation moment .He can not be shocked now lol now I prepare to educate my son y future son in law lol 😂. My hubby now is sympathetic to his moms Csection that still comes undone to his Sisters needing a hysterectomy but can’t as a single mom! He been trained well. When Daughter comes he runs in leaves a box of pads runs out just in case before she comes he shops for them himself!! Bravo 👏. He also will buy me women’s meds! He went from it’s not a big deal ALL Women go through it! To sympathy he brings home random bottles of mitol to big bottles of Tylenol if I sound grumpy 😡! Post pardum had it with Daughter badly. Breastfeeding issues to guilt when I dried up y the fact it wouldn’t increase (Csection y preterm birth Doctor called it a miracle I made 2-5ounces per day total at all). My dream is someday to see an add for after pregnancy products y have them in the store! Hysterectomy products as well!

Hubby picked up on my over whelmed week told me take JR out tomorrow for fun day get a Starbucks to Walmart to McDonald’s or Chuckie cheese or both or whatever your needing! So tomorrow is a ME day with JR. Maybe I can find JR some sz 13 y up shoes to grow into for the pile of grow info’s.

Amber Tx
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)