WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    :) In a few minutes I am meeting a friend for a walk. I haven't seen her in awhile and it will be good to spend some time with her. She started to suggest lunch and then remembered that I like to walk and suggested the walk instead. Walking instead of lunch saves $$$ and burns calories instead of packing them on.

:)Debra, welcome. I hope you'll enjoy this friendly group of women as much as I do. Sometimes I post a lot and sometimes I just read and reflect. It is all helpful.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    One of the drawing competitions that Edie set us was our perfect, fantasy room. She chose a bedroom, DH chose a living room and I chose a room I called a playroom with a huge swimming pool, a massage table, a nail bar with foot bath, and an angel to do all the jobs, including sexual pleasure, though I didn't tell her that bit! :D
    My perfect day includes a bit of writing as well as I then feel all is right with the world. In the evening I would have a private view of some wonderful, famous works of art and crafts, followed by a gorgeous dinner party for which I had prepared the food well in advance so I could just soak up the praise. Only my very favourite people would be there, including the Dalai Lama. Always good for a giggle. :laugh:

lhm3yt4k1p96.jpg

If I won the lottery a private pool would be high on my list.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I am seriously impressed with her talent. I would frame this puppy!
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    SuziQ~
    That sounds divine.. would be on my perfect day bucket list too
    I finally went back to sleep for a few hrs...
    right now I don't have another job to fall on , but will email my boss and see again if he would let me collect and leave my job.. if not I will do what I need to do for my sanity.
    I am watching local news and having my tea..

Do you have such a thing as stress leave available to you. When a job is affecting your health it’s time to leave.

Most part time employees in the US have no benefits at all.

Okie in the TX Hill Country

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Okie Tx hill country - In Kerrville Texas it’s the same with full time they split your work between different parts of their company at different addresses or job titles you clock in y out of each to keep from going over. This keeps them from giving health care but at least unlike everyone else in the town you can get 20-28 hours at each position to survive. Their doing what they have to to keep the doors open y if lucky to find one like this you get enough hours but the hours don’t conflict each other so no dueling company giving ultimatum like both scheduling a mandatory meeting same time but different companies different locations.Your early to one late to the other y one writes you up for not being in their dress code as you dont get to eat or pee drive like a maniac to get across town. Ultimatums of work Friday or your fired but the other place is saying the same. Job companies now of days are not on the same page as their workers at all! They want 100% availability, commitment,y company loyalty.Yet they do not give the security,hours,or understanding needed to receive such things. Or they don’t want to pay for hours you’ve worked issues ran into that yet they expected a 2 week notice. Well if I worked for FREE your refusing to pay those weeks why would I give you 2 more weeks? Next job uses not giving 2 weeks as a reason not to hire you issues. I had 1 hold my paycheck hostage until I signed a fake reason they chose for me quitting. I signed but you bet I kept the extortion letter from the *kitten* ! I’ll copy those off paste them to a resume if I have to.

Amber Tx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    https://apple.news/A7lX6EUeJSjWrTebUyOGbgw

Found out a few Coronovirus cases have been confirmed 14min from my house at Lackland Airforce Base San Antonio Tx. Plus base in Travis AirForce Base California area. (14 from the cruise ship have tested positive). Definitely a concern.

Amber Tx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    How their staying entertained in their long quarantines https://youtu.be/6uSHxDBiPGk

Fun to watch their creative thinking we should take a page from their book 📖.

Amber Tx
  • pipcd34
    Options
    we have a Zwift free trial, just did another one here at home, that crap is hard!!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stat for the day:

Zwift spin at home- 1hr, 20min, 25secn- 155mhr, 138ahr, 134arpm, 23.1mi= 770c
    Apple Watch- 737c

using this trainer is showing me how much I suck at hills.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Pip what does ahr and arpm mean?
    Annie in Delaware
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Went to lunch with gals from my painting class I go to on Mondays.

Working on finding grace within me so that rather coming at a problem from a place of frustration I can find my breath. Now reading a book titled Activate Your Vagus Nerve as a response to this work. This nerve is the guide post that helps to keep you calm in times of trouble.

I did try the suggestion of using tape to keep myself from mouth breathing during the night last night. It was a bit strange at first. It appeared to work. I know this has been a problem for me for years. I would not suggest trying this if you have a cold. Your nose is the first line of defense in keeping the wrong things (germs pollution) out of your lungs.

:heart: Margaret
  • pipcd34
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Hello New People! ... glad you are here!

I have been reading along but either can't remember what I want to post or don't have much to add after everyone else has commented.

Pip ... you know they make weather tech pieces that fit over the folded down third seat too? I don't use the third seat in my Explorer and have the mat go over the seats to protect and provide a "lip" so stuff doesn't run off of them.

Barbara ... thank you for always recognizing when others have been missing.

Janetr ... I am thinking about you and some others. Vicki?

SuzieQ ... that house situation sounds terrifying and you have certainly had a time of it since your husband's passing. I am impressed with your ability to move forward.

I am a part-time employee and receive some benefits like paid vacation, sick days and holidays (no health care). Today was one of our paid holidays and it was a sunny day so I sat where I could absorb some of the sunshine. Also had an appointment with my audiologist to adjust my hearing aides. I've had the aides for about 8 months now and it's not going well. We discussed again today whether to abandon them and move on to cochlear implants. I'm stubborn, if nothing else, and suggested we try adjusting them with a different end in mind. I think she's been trying to resurrect the dead and it's only resulted in distortion and harsh noise. The audiologist was agreeable. Starting at square one, but feeling that at least, as we document, we'll know that we've tried everything before moving on.

I agree with Heather that most of us have the ability to make positive/life giving choices everyday regardless of our circumstances. Machka .... I also recognize that there are times when we absolutely are not at liberty to "do" specific things that we want, but also believe that we can always find things in every situation that can bring joy even if just fleetingly so. It is a matter of attitude or as Kelly says ... flipping the script. Having said that, I have recently had a couple weeks of discouragement that I have had to deal with. There have been positive moments...even some humor. There have also been large quantities of peanut butter cookies consumed. Sigh.

I have a another wedding to attend and you might recall from the past that I agonize over what to wear to events like this. I'm not fashion stupid --just not happy with how I look in today's fashions. This is a formal wedding and I don't believe I can get away with dressy pants so I have been dress shopping. I need to stop with the peanut butter cookies....

Have a good evening, ladies.
    Beth near Buffalo

we had a weather tech for the other beast. when he jumps in, it doesn't stay down, I needed something that hugs the seat. we had one for the back too on the other beast. might get one for this one later
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Pip what does ahr and arpm mean?
    Annie in Delaware

arprm is - average revolutions per minute. how fast and consistent I was spinning the pedals for the whole time of the ride.

aw - average watts. think of a light bulb. how much power I was putting behind the pedaling for the whole time of the ride

ahr - average heart rate for the whole time

mar - maximum heart rate, the highest my heart rate got up to for the ride

mi - miles

• pipcd34
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Hello New People! ... glad you are here!

I have been reading along but either can't remember what I want to post or don't have much to add after everyone else has commented.

Pip ... you know they make weather tech pieces that fit over the folded down third seat too? I don't use the third seat in my Explorer and have the mat go over the seats to protect and provide a "lip" so stuff doesn't run off of them.

Barbara ... thank you for always recognizing when others have been missing.

Janetr ... I am thinking about you and some others. Vicki?

SuzieQ ... that house situation sounds terrifying and you have certainly had a time of it since your husband's passing. I am impressed with your ability to move forward.

I am a part-time employee and receive some benefits like paid vacation, sick days and holidays (no health care). Today was one of our paid holidays and it was a sunny day so I sat where I could absorb some of the sunshine. Also had an appointment with my audiologist to adjust my hearing aides. I've had the aides for about 8 months now and it's not going well. We discussed again today whether to abandon them and move on to cochlear implants. I'm stubborn, if nothing else, and suggested we try adjusting them with a different end in mind. I think she's been trying to resurrect the dead and it's only resulted in distortion and harsh noise. The audiologist was agreeable. Starting at square one, but feeling that at least, as we document, we'll know that we've tried everything before moving on.

I agree with Heather that most of us have the ability to make positive/life giving choices everyday regardless of our circumstances. Machka .... I also recognize that there are times when we absolutely are not at liberty to "do" specific things that we want, but also believe that we can always find things in every situation that can bring joy even if just fleetingly so. It is a matter of attitude or as Kelly says ... flipping the script. Having said that, I have recently had a couple weeks of discouragement that I have had to deal with. There have been positive moments...even some humor. There have also been large quantities of peanut butter cookies consumed. Sigh.

I have a another wedding to attend and you might recall from the past that I agonize over what to wear to events like this. I'm not fashion stupid --just not happy with how I look in today's fashions. This is a formal wedding and I don't believe I can get away with dressy pants so I have been dress shopping. I need to stop with the peanut butter cookies....

Have a good evening, ladies.
    Beth near Buffalo

we'll never use the 3rd seats
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    we have a Zwift free trial, just did another one here at home, that crap is hard!!

I signed up with Zwift in May 2018 because it was something I could do at home after I got home from the hospital. It's good!

After almost 2 years ... I've joined a race and have done an FTP test. Now I'm hoping to do more races through the winter.

A friend of mine has a smart trainer which adjusts the resistance etc. on the hills. I rode it for a while once and that was a workout!!

M in Oz