What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    CREAM OF ZUCCHINI SOUP! Made it last night for today. Only 60 cals per serving!

@weatherking2019 - sounds so tasty! Will have to check out some recipes. I have zucchini on the brain! Can’t wait for zucchini flower season! Fiori di Zucca all day long!
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    roasted chicken breast with a lot of garlic and pepper and some pickled cucumbers and sour cream sauce
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    Roast chicken with cauliflower, carrots and broccoli tonight.. 🍴

If you haven't tried spatchcocking the chicken I would really recommend that if you don't need to present a beautiful bird to be carved at the table. Cut down one side of the backbone and lay it flat skin side up pressing down with your palm on the breast to flatten it out. Cuts down roasting time approximately 30%. Also legs and breasts are done at the same time because in a conventional oven the perimeter is hotter (where the legs are) than the centre (where the breasts are). If I don't spatchcock I always end up with overcooked breasts when the legs are done.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    ^^ That's an epic breakkie @just_Tomek

Mine was two soft-boiled eggs with a garlic vegetable sauté and a sprinkling of low-fat cheese. The veggies were chopped Swiss chard, mushrooms and red onions.
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    Home made green soup with leeks, celery, courgettes (zucchini), roast garlic, edamame beans, spinach, cavolo Nero, peas and lots of fresh basil leaves in vegan stock. It was delicious. Plenty left for tomorrow too.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Roasted Chicken breast, roasted potatoes and broccoli. I also cooked egg bake ( green peas and spiral zucchini with mozzarella cheese) at the same time!
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    Roast chicken with cauliflower, carrots and broccoli tonight.. 🍴

If you haven't tried spatchcocking the chicken I would really recommend that if you don't need to present a beautiful bird to be carved at the table. Cut down one side of the backbone and lay it flat skin side up pressing down with your palm on the breast to flatten it out. Cuts down roasting time approximately 30%. Also legs and breasts are done at the same time because in a conventional oven the perimeter is hotter (where the legs are) than the centre (where the breasts are). If I don't spatchcock I always end up with overcooked breasts when the legs are done.

@acpgee - this is such a great idea!!! 💡 going to try this! 🤗
  • acpgee
    I am warming up the last of the batch cooked cassoulet I took out of the freezer last night. Big green salad with that.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Grilled pork chops with pan fried cauliflower.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,069 Member
    I am warming up the last of the batch cooked cassoulet I took out of the freezer last night. Big green salad with that.

I've often thought about doing a cassoulet-type dish. "-type" because I get hung up on goose and duck as ingredients. I'm not quite Continental enough for that, LOL.
  • acpgee
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »

I've often thought about doing a cassoulet-type dish. "-type" because I get hung up on goose and duck as ingredients. I'm not quite Continental enough for that, LOL.

Here's a cassoulet recipe I have tried using chicken thighs instead of duck or goose confit.
    https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/10/traditional-french-cassoulet-recipe.html
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    stir fry steak with sour and sweet sauce and pickled cucumbers
  • snowflake954
    Tubular large pasta with smoked sockeye salmon, EVOO, cream, zucchine in small pieces, broth crystals, and freshly grated PR.
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    panfried padron peppers with chilli, garlic and lean bacon. Yum.
  • snowflake954
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Tubular large pasta with smoked sockeye salmon, EVOO, cream, zucchine in small pieces, broth crystals, and freshly grated PR.

Broth crystals????

Yup..."Dialcos Dialbrodo Classico" --condensed vegetable broth.
  • snowflake954
    edited February 2020

Broth crystals????

Yup..."Dialcos Dialbrodo Classico" --condensed vegetable broth.

Ahhhhh again with the terminology hahaha. Broth powder :)
    Try to source "Better Than Boulion". Great stuff.

Can't--I live in Italy. This is the best I've found.
    I call them broth crystals because it's granular, not a powder.
  • Ravenspurn
    Ravenspurn Posts: 14 Member
    edited February 2020
    Gravad Lax rolls with horseradish crème fraische, pomme purée, and dill dijonnaise.
    Total kcal a little over 500 per serving, buut good for the soul.