40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "Sagi's Exclusives Equipment Room: Chest & Tris"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Resistance 3”=Done!!!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,697 Member
    Back/biceps day back on Friday. Always a good feeling when you complete your workout and, in your log, make a note to "increase weight next time".

Sidebar note, this was the first time I'd ever seen more females lifting than males at my gym. And not just because it was a non-peak time with barely anybody present; there were roughly two dozen people lifting, with females making more than half the total. Squats, deadlifts, bench press, rows, the whole gamut. Don't read nothing into my observation...that's all it is, an observation.
  • gam3rguy
    "Brute Force Blue Line Fitness Series: Total Body AMRAP 30”! 60#!!! (25# for shield lunges)!!!=Done!!!
  • gam3rguy
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cardio 2, Core 1 & Brute Force Blue Line Series MMA Cardio AMRAP 30 60#!!!”=Done!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Hey Kids,

Its back to the grind after a weekend in the White Mtns of New Hampshire. On Sunday, we participated in the Chocolate Festival in North Conway NH. Twelve local businesses provided chocolate treats (including chocolate martinis, lol) to snowshoers and xcountry skiers at various points along a several mile trail. My guess is that my chocolate intake exceeded the calorie burn from snowshoeing on Sunday. :)

I got right back into the grind today though. My coach gave me a bike workout that included two 11 minute rounds of sprints. Seven weeks to go until race day.

Finally, I noticed the posts from others here mentioning that they use a time restricted eating approach. I had been thinking about this for awhile and just recently adopted a 14:10 approach to see how I like it. I may have to fuel when I get to long am sessions on weekends - but so far, so good.

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,697 Member
    I typically skip breakfast, so from dinner at 8 til lunch at noon I'm typically going 16 hours anyway, so I guess I have been doing a natural 16:8 restriction (or is it 8:16?) without giving any thought to it.
  • AmberHenderson630
    AmberHenderson630 Posts: 61 Member
    I’m Amber and 42. I’m not new to MFP, but new to the community. I lost about 20 pounds over the past year, but put a few back on over the holidays. I have 20 more to go to reach my goal weight of 130 and would like to reach that goal by my 43rd birthday in June.
  • gam3rguy
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Resistance 1”=Done!!!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Hey kids.... I was heading towards boredom and talked to my coach. I made the mistake of saying I want my thighs and legs defined and chiseled (lol). My new programming now addresses the boredom and lots of leg work. I have a powerlifting circuit and a body building one. My body is totally confused (lol). I get bored quite easily and I have accepted that about my personality. @Djproulx I know you will kill training. I know you had plenty of chocolate. Hope you had some for me. Have a great day kids.
  • gam3rguy
    "Brute Force Blue Line Series Lower Body AMRAP 30 Minutes!!60#!!!(25# for Shield Lunges)”=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cardio 3 Core 1”=Done!!!
  • gam3rguy
    “22 Minute Hard Corps: Spec Ops Resistance”=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "Brute Force Blue Line Series MMA Cardio AMRAP 30 2 60#!!!”=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Cold Start, Brute Force Blue Line Fitness Series: Total Body AMRAP 30 2!” 60#!!! (25# for shield lunges), 22 Minute Hard Corps: Core 1 & Cardio 1”=Done!!!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Chest"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Resistance 2”=Done!!!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Training kicked my butt to the point where I can't feel my body...lol

Hope all is well kids.
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Legs"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    “22 Minute Hard Corps: Spec Ops Cardio & Core2”=Done!