WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Good Wednesday from Ohio,

Ginny- Be careful in your commute today. I know north of me is already seeing snow. Jacket weather for a week, now back to long johns-grrrrr!

Went to dinner with friends last night. Was fun. Got home around 7. Husband is on an eBay kick. I get that he is getting money for stuff that is just sitting around. Really, I get it. But I have to list it all. I worked on stuffs from 7-930. I just wanted to head to bed around 9-whining. At 930 I said I am done. That led to argument, really??? I just shut the door on him and went to bed. Some days his two year old comes out! BTW, for an hour of that he had tv on and was talking on his phone. Any way......whine over. Still just exhausted. Tomorrow I have to drive to Cincinnati for training day. Long day sitting, but just me and my music for 2 hours of driving (1 hr each way)

Allie- Safe travels! Mary is a nasty person, good riddance! My hygienist and I were just talking about corporate take overs in dentistry. I am so happy to say that mine isn't. When my last dentist retired, a corporation bought the practice. No one was happy there! I felt the dentist was trying to be a sales person every visit. I hope you at least got some recouping done while gone.

Machka- That seems to be how my days go when I have something I am trying to get done. You are amazing at getting things done though.

Meditation- I too would probably fall asleep if I tried while laying down. Might need to try adding while standing. Does taking deep breaths while singing itsy bitsy spider count? I don't remember how that started, but I find myself doing that when I get overwhelmed. 😋

Thank you for the tips on the veggies. May try the Brussels sprouts tonight roasted.

Have a safe day wherever you are!
    Hugs (because some need them and I like them)
    Welcome to the new ladies! Stop by often. Lots of strong women on here.
    Make the best choices for you today!

<3
    Kylia
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Kylia - I too love roasted brussel sprouts. It is a relatively new love....my neighbors friend made them and I tried them....loved them. She said the secret is to roast them until you smell the funk, and leave them 3-4 minutes after that.

Okie in the TX Hill Country

PS - I also roast cauliflower, broccoli, squash.....
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    B)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Did the 20/40/60 workout on the treadmill. The plan for tomorrow is to take the Power Hour class

Supplements – I just take a multi and calcium supplement

Welcome everyone new

Pdixon – tell us more about what’s happening.

Janetr – I’ve been following the tale of your daughter. She’s so lucky to have you

Allie – I’m sorry a damper was put on your vacation. Get home safe and sound

The ladies lunch is today at this place called Sonny’s barbecue. I’m not going to go because it’s going to be mostly meats and this is Ash Wednesday. I wish they’d have gone there last week and to Orleans this week. At least we know Orleans has shrimp and things. Plus, they might have had something special for the end of Mardi Gras.

Lanette - thanks for the link

Michele now in FL where it’s supposed to get cold (boo)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    well kids - i've started my yearly collection for the MS ride. i'm ahead of the game cuz i had someone donate last year and their job matched the donation and i had them save it for this year, so i already have $100 beans! this will b the last year at the Washington MS ride. who knows we may fly or drive up here to do it next year, i dunno or find another MS bike ride over there.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Pip: I am ever grateful that you and Kirby ride in the MS ride every year. Since DH has MS we are particularly grateful for the ride and research it helps to fund. Send me an address & I'll send a donation. :flowerforyou:

Katla in beautiful NW OR
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    KAREN sorry for the loss of your friend.
    HEATHER also think that if it was critical he would have been asked back ASAP My DH has taken medication for enlarged prostate for years
    Re end of life Jennifer Worth (whose memoirs inspired Call the Midwife) wrote of her experiences nursing patients near the end. Book is called In The Midst of Life. Wonderful book

Kate UK <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    You are the best.

Make sure not to make pyt to me but to National MS Society
    addr is 1709 South 41st Street
    Tacoma WA 98418-1610

THANKS!! <3:)