New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    I agree with everyone about the Built bars. I stopped buying them unless it was a new release because every bar started to taste the same to me. Overall, even the higher calorie, textured bars aren't impressive enough to repurchase.

Lately I've been buying a box, trying one bar, then giving the rest to friends or family that enjoy them because I'm not impressed. I bought the limited edition mixed box because I had a $10 coupon to redeem from my points but after this I may stop buying Built Bars completely.
  • jwoolman5
    jwoolman5 Posts: 191 Member

Lastly I finally tried the cinnamon churros. 2/10. They were a less sweet version of cinnamon toast crunch. Way less cinnamon sugar which I didn't like. They were really boring. I liked them better without milk. They really had a chewy center and more "doughy" taste to them which I didn't like. I wouldn't buy again and told my boyfriend he can have the rest of the box, lol. Not worth trying.

I had the same initial reaction to the cinnamon churros. I always eat cereals without any liquid.

But never one to waste junk food, I packed them up in small portions and saved them in a plastic container. Then months later, I tried them again and really liked them! They seem to have plenty of cinnamon to me now. And the texture is fine now.

Is it possible that they need to be aged?!! That would change the texture. Not sure how it managed to make them taste more cinnamon-y.

Hope this doesn't mean my taste buds are dying.

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    Dunkin Donuts is coming out with a snack bag of 8 half slices of bacon. Just came across a CNN article on it. Not much of a doughnut or bacon fan but thought I'd pass it along!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Maxematics wrote: »
    I agree with everyone about the Built bars. I stopped buying them unless it was a new release because every bar started to taste the same to me. Overall, even the higher calorie, textured bars aren't impressive enough to repurchase.

Lately I've been buying a box, trying one bar, then giving the rest to friends or family that enjoy them because I'm not impressed. I bought the limited edition mixed box because I had a $10 coupon to redeem from my points but after this I may stop buying Built Bars completely.

I agree. The draw for me is the 110 calories, 15 grams protein. If the calories keep going up, I’ll find something else. They don’t all taste the same to me, similar of course, but keeping the calorie count low is what kept me buying.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member

I agree. The draw for me is the 110 calories, 15 grams protein. If the calories keep going up, I’ll find something else. They don’t all taste the same to me, similar of course, but keeping the calorie count low is what kept me buying.

The protein count goes up with the calorie count so that helps a little but, yeah, the 110 calories is a major reason I like them.
  • Katmary71
    Anyone actually want the new KFC "sandwich"? I saw the commercial when working out, it's two glazed doughnuts with a crispy chicken tender in between and advertised as being sweet and spicy. Looked pretty disgusting!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    edited February 2020
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Anyone actually want the new KFC "sandwich"? I saw the commercial when working out, it's two glazed doughnuts with a crispy chicken tender in between and advertised as being sweet and spicy. Looked pretty disgusting!

I want to try it out of pure curiosity.

74ff9j3i9ica.jpg
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Don’t do it 😋

74ff9j3i9ica.jpg

• angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Kitu super coffee in mocha or vanilla 0 net carbs 50 cal per 8oz serving sound pretty intriguing as my mocha comes with a 400 cal price tag lol
  • Katmary71

74ff9j3i9ica.jpg

I don't have a gallbladder and don't digest fried food well, this thing would kill my stomach! Before I figured out why I was feeling so bad after fast food I'd think of eating the doughnuts and chicken separately. Together would be something else! Happy birthday! If you try it let us know what you think!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    I really liked the white chocolate chip ones dipped in milk. They reminded me of my favorite childhood cookies. (Moms white chococolate chip) they had a nice buttery flavor to them and real white chocolate.

The others weren’t anything great. The crispy chocolate chip were good but nothing to write home about. And at 70 calories per cookie they compare to chips ahoy which I would actually prefer. The vegan coconut ones were bland and not good.

The cinnamon raisin said soft and chewy so I was expecting a soft and chewy cookie but they were the texture of the cheap oatmeal raisin store brand cookies you always see. That’s not what I call a soft and chewy cookie.

Picture of all for size comparison. Each has 70 calories. I wouldn’t buy these.

ygxk3w68crue.jpeg
    xnwmwrhkh5yd.jpeg
    tjwd0e5t4aqs.jpeg

Also tried no whey vegan chocolate. 220 calories for a pack and 33!g sugar. They were just okay. I wouldn’t buy again. I don’t like plain m&ms either though so maybe that’s why I didn’t really like them. They needed nuts inside or pretzel hunks or peanut butter filling lol. n1ocy30klz64.jpeg
    p1a0apsenzib.jpeg
    ywacwzv78pt2.jpeg
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    Kalex1975 wrote: »
    gy8dblkh67dl.jpg
    Vitamin Shoppe has a new line of high protein bars...

https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/protein-bar-cookie-dough-12-bar/vs-3828

I’ve tried a few of the flavors of these... really enjoyed the peanut butter (just bought 2 today for breakfasts this week).

Try the coconut keto bars. I work for Vitamin Shoppe and we try almost every bar that comes in. They are re as lly good
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    Kalex1975 wrote: »
    gy8dblkh67dl.jpg
    Vitamin Shoppe has a new line of high protein bars...

https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/protein-bar-cookie-dough-12-bar/vs-3828

I’ve tried a few of the flavors of these... really enjoyed the peanut butter (just bought 2 today for breakfasts this week).

Try the coconut keto bars. I work for Vitamin Shoppe and we try almost every bar that comes in. They are re as lly good

I will check it out! I buy at least 12 protein bars/snacks a week from my local Vitamin Shoppe for my breakfasts and afternoon coffees. I usually go for whatever is on sale :smile:

I really LOVE the new Outright bars, especially the banana walnut peanut butter flavor (290 cal, 17g protein). However, they’ve been sold out the last 2 weeks.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited March 2020
    ua6len36gp14.jpeg

I’d eat the whole bag omg . Or mix with pistachio pudding.

The white creme ones look good. I prefer more pb:chocolate ratio but more whitechocolate:pb ratio for the white creme lol. 811c6xcwzsg3.jpeg
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    I have been on a search for the perfect dark chocolate peanut butter cup for a long time. There is either too much chocolate in the chocolate to peanut butter ratio, the peanut butter is too powdery tasting, or the chocolate is overly sweet. I believe I finally found "the one" today. This one is amazing. I could eat a pack of these a day:

KHCH00352180-0.jpg

• Noreenmarie1234
    I have been on a search for the perfect dark chocolate peanut butter cup for a long time. There is either too much chocolate in the chocolate to peanut butter ratio, the peanut butter is too powdery tasting, or the chocolate is overly sweet. I believe I finally found "the one" today. This one is amazing. I could eat a pack of these a day:

KHCH00352180-0.jpg

I had the new crispy ones too recently and loved them!