What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• StephanieLWS
    StephanieLWS Posts: 22 Member
    Tonight I'll be making meatloaf (ground beef), mashed potatoes w/ gravy, a veg- probably green beans, and bread.
    My daughter cooked last night and made a delicious Chinese meal of fried rice, egg rolls, and sesame chicken.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Pasta type --whole wheat penne with rape broccoli and EVOO. Soon this type of broccoli will be out of season (it flowers out--yellow flowers) and the taste changes. Trying to make the last of it.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Made Tacos per kids request last night. Ground beef, lettuce, cilantro, avocados and cheese.

Tonight, I will be making Shrimp and Asparagus stir-fry over noodles.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited February 2020
    Balsamic roasted duck with pomegranate /— used my fav Giuseppe Giusti balsamic! 😋

neat0ago2t5z.jpeg
  • Safari_Gal_
    It’s chicken tandoori masala time! I added some of my fave tandoori & chili spice that I picked up in Delhi a few months ago —- 😋

wingyfwpp9wd.jpeg
  • snowflake954
    Pasta with mushrooms, EVOO, white wine, red pepper flakes and garlic. Freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano on top.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    I'm about to cook lunch for a colleague who is travelling to SE Asia for the first time and I promised her to introduce her to some of the food there. Starting with air fried chicken wings in Vietnamese caramel and fish sauce, then Cambodian grilled corn. Main will be Thai marinated shoulder of lamb, Thai pomelo salad, Vietnamese canh. Dessert of Cambodian coconut pumpkin custard.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Shrimp Alfredo - loads and loads of butter, garlic, cheese, cream and pasta....
  • Safari_Gal_
    Some super yum items out there above! 👆

Tonight’s dinner - 10 vegetable saffron stew with wild cod (for lack of a more creative name!)

On the side - crispy artichokes with lemon zest and grated pecorino romano...

• mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,069 Member
    I haven't been big on cooking, but sometimes like to bake. So while it's not a meal, I made 2 loaves of bread - one onion/dill and another olive with rosemary. There's something about fresh, homemade bread that's so comforting and wholesome.

absolutely! i make about 85% of our bread. several varieties and flavor profiles. "no knead" method. i like the two flavors you made ...
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,069 Member
    very traditional sunday evening meal: oven baked beef bottom round roast au jus with carrots and onions, steamed broccoli, brown rice and a side tom/cuke salad. MFP calls this plate 852cals, 63g protein, 39g fat, 62g carb on a 2000cal/day plan.

dbfv7e4krj8o.jpg
  • asthesoapturns
    asthesoapturns Posts: 313 Member
    Chicken stew with dumplings. Used a small stewing hen, two cups butternut squash, some celery and carrots and arbol pepper and seasonings.
  • Khartman6
    Khartman6 Posts: 31 Member
    edited March 2020
    Hamburgers, sauteed mushrooms, hot banna peppers and seasoned green beans.
  • asthesoapturns
    asthesoapturns Posts: 313 Member
    Chicken stew with dumplings. Started with an old hen and ended with comfort food.
  • summery79
    summery79 Posts: 116 Member
    French onion soup in the slow cooker. Delicious!
  • Safari_Gal_
    Chicken breast, bok choy & cauliflower
  • snowflake954
    Penne pasta with cream, EVOO, zucchine in small pieces, chopped walnuts and freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    country roasted potatoes with pork sausages