Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Cardio, no problem.
    Weight training, dreadful.

I hear you.
    I wish I could like it too....I do like the soreness.

My thought process is that if you start weight training, you have to do it forever - and that idea is dreadful.

I was wondering (my question from a few weeks ago that I didn't want to go ask in the "hostile, meanie" threads) if you weight train, and get to a body composition you like, can you then maintain it with proper nutrition? Or is weight training just some sort of eternal purgatory you have to endure to maintain it?
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Cardio, no problem.

I hear you.

My thought process is that if you start weight training, you have to do it forever - and that idea is dreadful.

I was wondering (my question from a few weeks ago that I didn't want to go ask in the "hostile, meanie" threads) if you weight train, and get to a body composition you like, can you then maintain it with proper nutrition? Or is weight training just some sort of eternal purgatory you have to endure to maintain it?
    Cardio, no problem.

I hear you.

That’s the discouraging part, you put on all this work, but if you stop all your work disappears, you have to keep going to maintain it.
  • vanityy99
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Cardio, no problem.

Cardio, dreadful.
    Weight training, no problem.

I need to find a weight training thing I get excited for because *kitten*.
    What do you do??

I lift heavy most everyday and take maybe 2 rest days a month.

Still.... hitting the gym is the fun part; restraint in the kitchen is key.

When you first started, did you like it? Or did it take you some time to start feeling some sort of joy?

Loved it from day one.

I still like cycling, but its becoming more and more dangerous.

Running? Ive run a couple of marathons and for me, the training is verrrrry boring.

I enjoy it, you just put on your music and go. But training, counting reps 1,2,3 borrring.
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    Cardio, no problem.

I hear you.

Cardio, no problem.

I hear you.

That’s the discouraging part, you put on all this work, but if you stop all your work disappears, you have to keep going to maintain it.

Thats life isnt it? In order to succeed in anything its usually from a regular routine or habit no? You can have financial security because you work at a good job.....but if you decide to stop working that security goes away right? Similar to maintaining health and fitness.
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Cardio, no problem.

I hear you.

you need to weight train for a that BC you like... eternal purgatory etc etc.

maintaining nutrition and mere and proper logging isn't going to do it. take it from me, K.

*sad but true - drrrrrrrrrrr* :|
  • vanityy99
    edited March 2020
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    Cardio, no problem.

I hear you.

Cardio, no problem.

I hear you.

Thats life isnt it? In order to succeed in anything its usually from a regular routine or habit no? You can have financial security because you work at a good job.....but if you decide to stop working that security goes away right? Similar to maintaining health and fitness.

What’s healthier ....cardio or putting on muscle?
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    Hmm, was gonna counter with "what about dancers, gymnasts, etc..." But I imagine the same is true, if they stop their regular activity.

I wish I could like it, get the same "high" as with running or cycling, like I never want to stop.

...guess I also wish I was a morning person...truth - I'm a zombie 'till noon, and resistance training is a chore to me (I'd rather clean a toilet)
  • mi_nina_lola
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Hmm, was gonna counter with "what about dancers, gymnasts, etc..." But I imagine the same is true, if they stop their regular activity.

I wish I could like it, get the same "high" as with running or cycling, like I never want to stop.

...guess I also wish I was a morning person...truth - I'm a zombie 'till noon, and resistance training is a chore to me (I'd rather clean a toilet)

i was a dancer and a runner and had all the lean muscle. and now - not. so there's that. so if it's not consistent - you have to do weights. cardio isn't going to cut it. :s
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,075 Member
    Options
    Cardio, no problem.

I hear you.

Just wanted to say....they definitely do seem to be “hostile meanie” threads. Omg. I’ll stay away from now on. Lesson learned. Loud and clear. 🤪
  • mi_nina_lola
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Cardio, no problem.

I hear you.

Just wanted to say....they definitely do seem to be “hostile meanie” threads. Omg. I’ll stay away from now on. Lesson learned. Loud and clear. 🤪

For real!
    like have a Snickers and settle back there little buddy...people can have different opinions and it doesn't require a hostile debate, just state your opinions without debasing someone elses, and try to open your mind to other ideas besides your own, ffs

this and extra ffs sauce
  • vanityy99
    Options
    Cardio, no problem.

I hear you.

For real!
    like have a Snickers and settle back there little buddy...people can have different opinions and it doesn't require a hostile debate, just state your opinions without debasing someone elses, and try to open your mind to other ideas besides your own, ffs

@MelG7777 don’t let them run you off. If you have a question ask!...just block the annoying ones.
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Cardio, no problem.

I hear you.

For real!

this and extra ffs sauce

😆😆😆😆
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    @Tinydancer106 I’m not suffering, just finding ways to stop my mind thinking too much, because that ends up with negative thoughts. might not be in a super happy place but that’s ok..life is a big training ground and we are always learning from it

Cool ....sorry my bad I totally misunderstood🤗
  • MelG7777
    Options
    Cardio, no problem.

I hear you.

For real!

@MelG7777 don’t let them run you off. If you have a question ask!...just block the annoying ones.

Thanks! I get better advice from my friend list and specific friends on here I think. And they’re even nice to me!🤗
  • MelG7777
    Options
    Cardio, no problem.

I hear you.

For real!

Omg. Yes. This. All of it. 🤗
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options

i was a dancer and a runner and had all the lean muscle. and now - not. so there's that. so if it's not consistent - you have to do weights. cardio isn't going to cut it. :s

Oh yes do I get this and worst of all I'm clueless to strength training ....i have started watching YouTube videos because I dont want to do anything wrong and I'm too intimidated to ask people at the gym .....i wish they had trainers or did classes for the clueless like me 😣
  • vanityy99
    Options
    So glad Canadians don’t have to pay for Meghan and Harry’s security team!!!
  • Vikka_V
    Options

Oh yes do I get this and worst of all I'm clueless to strength training ....i have started watching YouTube videos because I dont want to do anything wrong and I'm too intimidated to ask people at the gym .....i wish they had trainers or did classes for the clueless like me 😣

You dancers, so when you stopped dancing regularly you lost the body composition?
    Question is, why not dance again? Instead of weight training?
    ...Because dance is so *kitten* brutal?!

My memory of ballet classes was it was the hardest exercise I've ever done... (I did competitive gymnastics as a kid, way easier than ballet) ...I was so *kitten* sore after ballet I struggled to walk up a flight of stairs the next day...and worse than any weight training I've ever done as an adult (which I'm sure isn't whats considered intense)