What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    The world exists and you are in it, but what is existence? Your physical presence or the memories and thoughts you have?
    Stop that right this minute. 😁💕
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    The world exists and you are in it, but what is existence? Your physical presence or the memories and thoughts you have?

“We live as we dream - alone. While the dream disappears, the life continues painfully.” - Joseph Conrad (from The Heart of Darkness)

P.S. I don't get hyper when I've had a lot of coffee, I apparently get philosophical. :lol:
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options

“We live as we dream - alone. While the dream disappears, the life continues painfully.” - Joseph Conrad (from The Heart of Darkness)

P.S. I don't get hyper when I've had a lot of coffee, I apparently get philosophical. :lol:

Ever tried to imagine nothing? Not your own non-existence, not the world’s non-existence, not really even the non-existence of the universe but actual nothingness? It’s trippy and I think impossible
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options

Ever tried to imagine nothing? Not your own non-existence, not the world’s non-existence, not really even the non-existence of the universe but actual nothingness? It’s trippy and I think impossible

idk. i figure it's the same nothingness that existed before i was born. i wasn't aware of anything then at least. and i figure it'll be the same way when i die too. just the blank void. forever.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

Yet my husband insists that men have a "nothing box" where they go when they want to escape and that they can, in fact, think of "nothing". How, I have no clue.

I fear we may be getting into the realms of Lovecraftian horror if we continue on this trail of thought. :lol:
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member
    Options

Yet my husband insists that men have a "nothing box" where they go when they want to escape and that they can, in fact, think of "nothing". How, I have no clue.

I fear we may be getting into the realms of Lovecraftian horror if we continue on this trail of thought. :lol:

Speaking as and for one male, I do not have that box.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Cardio, no problem.
    Weight training, dreadful.

Cardio, dreadful.
    Weight training, no problem.

Both of you are incorrect.

Cardio, no problem.
    Dieting, problem.

Nope

Cardio is still a problem.

When it comes to dieting, we live in a land of abundance & my will power is a diminishing asset.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Cardio, no problem.
    Weight training, dreadful.

Cardio, dreadful.

Both of you are incorrect.

Cardio, no problem.
    Dieting, problem.

Nope

Cardio is still a problem.

When it comes to dieting, we live in a land of abundance & my will power is a diminishing asset.

I dunno.. i like taking the Trek out for a ride or some HIIT cardio in the morning. Weight training in the gym still feels awesome. It's the nutritional part that I keep slipping up with.

I hear ya'.

I used to live for cardio, just not anymore.

And yeah, I have a Trek & a Cannondale & a Giant & a GT - all up on hooks.

Running? I'm retired from the sport..... unless I'm being chased by an angry boyfriend.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    This_far wrote: »

My ex husband does not have that.
    Too bad he doesn’t, maybe he could shut it all off but when you own your own small business there is never a time that his brain stops trying to work things out.

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    This_far wrote: »

My ex husband does not have that.
    Too bad he doesn’t, maybe he could shut it all off but when you own your own small business there is never a time that his brain stops trying to work things out.

Mfp sounds like it's basically my nothing box 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

idk. i figure it's the same nothingness that existed before i was born. i wasn't aware of anything then at least. and i figure it'll be the same way when i die too. just the blank void. forever.

But things exist without my existence though I’m not conscious of it.

As for the void. Imagine it doesn’t exist either. It’s impossible
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Stepping into my neighbor's dogs pile of void :/