Coronavirus prep

Options

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

You can pay me... I cannot wait for the prices to go down... more cruises!! :drinker:
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

You can pay me... I cannot wait for the prices to go down... more cruises!! :drinker:

Same! I figure I’m probably going to get a virus anyway-Norovirus, coronavirus. Bring on the cheap cruises, please!
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    stocking up on supplies tomorrow. Already bought several 24 packs of water last weekend. Yes toilet paper is a necessity. No one likes the phone book or mail catalogs for butt wipe... Then plan on staying indoors away from the masses. Netflix / Amazon / Hulu and On Demand my friends
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Welp it’s in my state now. I’m in Memphis and the person who has it is from Williamson county but went through the airport in Nashville with it.

I am in a neighboring state so keep that bidness to yourself!

I am fairly certain it is here too. It is just a matter of time before it is confirmed.

Yeah, we have 5 confirmed cases here, but I'm sure there are more. The first was recently returned from a trip to Wuhan, the second was that person's spouse, and the fifth had recently been in Italy. They don't know how the other couple were exposed. The first 4 are recovered or seem to be doing fine (the second couple are apparently mild). The fifth one is in the hospital and since he was on a plane they are checking those who were seated around him.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    amtyrell wrote: »
    try2again wrote: »
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I AM PANICKED NOW!

I just pulled the last can of artichoke hearts from my cupboard. How did I let this get so low?

I will trade TP or ammo for artichoke hearts. Who wants to barter?

Hopefully the hoarders left some at the store.

Is there anyone (other than you apparently ;) ) hoarding artichoke hearts?

Nah... forget I asked that. :D

I have six steam bags of artichoke hearts in the freezer, does that count?

I have 6 artichoke plants growing. I am preparing for the artichoke apocalypse

I will pay big money to come to your house! MMmm artichokes!!! I can't even buy them fresh right now here in Australia.. sucks. Well not in my supermarkets at least...sad.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    I just realized I only have one roll of TP left... I might be doomed to a life of crime now. :flushed:

Husband said you wipe with only one or two pieces then into the shower. If you get desperate I'll send you a couple.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,981 Member
    Options
    I bet bidets are expensive right about now in Seattle.

Water, we have lots.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    We have one confirmed case in our county (only one in the state so far), and tp, cleaning supplies, water, pasta, and rice are flying off the shelves. The infected person apparently wasn’t contagious in the airport, but was when he went out to eat and who knows what else around town once home. I’m sure there will be more cases popping up soon. I guess he had no idea until he saw the news from where he’d been traveling and put two and two together.

Does anyone know if this is thought to be seasonal like the flu, and also, whether or not you can get it more than once? I’m not even sure scientists know yet?
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I had a friend reach out from Seattle area today wondering if we have hand sanitizer/wipes/lysol on our shelves and if so could I send some to her. I hit my store and was able to find a few cans of lysol hidden behind other cleaners but no wipes or hand sanitizer. I am wondering if I can even ship areosols....guess I will find out tomorrow.
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Not to do with preparation so much as what it feels like to have the Covid 19 virus.

Today on NPR they interviewed a man that got it from the last cruise ship nightmare. He has been in quaratine in Omaha I think for like 19 days. He still has not had 3 days of clean throat/nostril swabs - showing zero virus - which is required to leave quarantine. He explained that for him, his symptoms were nothing like the typical influenza. No sniffles, nose blowing, body aches. It was more the onset of the fever and then a dry cough. Felt not great for a few days but then felt fine. They let him have an exercise bike so he could keep moving. It sounds like it just hangs around even after you feel ok. Maybe thats why they recommend 14 days. I guess if you don't get tested, you really won't know what you have. I remember my one bout with flu and it felt like I had lost a boxing match - my body ached for a week. It hurt to lay in bed.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    bearly63 wrote: »
    Not to do with preparation so much as what it feels like to have the Covid 19 virus.

Today on NPR they interviewed a man that got it from the last cruise ship nightmare. He has been in quaratine in Omaha I think for like 19 days. He still has not had 3 days of clean throat/nostril swabs - showing zero virus - which is required to leave quarantine. He explained that for him, his symptoms were nothing like the typical influenza. No sniffles, nose blowing, body aches. It was more the onset of the fever and then a dry cough. Felt not great for a few days but then felt fine. They let him have an exercise bike so he could keep moving. It sounds like it just hangs around even after you feel ok. Maybe thats why they recommend 14 days. I guess if you don't get tested, you really won't know what you have. I remember my one bout with flu and it felt like I had lost a boxing match - my body ached for a week. It hurt to lay in bed.

That sounds like the round of flu that hit my church and community back in January. It held on a lot longer than the typical flu, and even once the fever left, the dry cough lingered. some folks are still coughing and its been almost a month now since they had it. Come to think of it, they did have respiratory problems and some folks ended up in the hospital with pneumonia from it - the older folks with weakened lungs. At one point, over half our church was out - the pastor actually canceled a service because of it.

Makes me kind of wonder now......
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    bearly63 wrote: »
    I had a friend reach out from Seattle area today wondering if we have hand sanitizer/wipes/lysol on our shelves and if so could I send some to her. I hit my store and was able to find a few cans of lysol hidden behind other cleaners but no wipes or hand sanitizer. I am wondering if I can even ship areosols....guess I will find out tomorrow.

You cannot ship air but can ship via a ground service.