P90X... starting a new thread...

Options

Replies

• RobynSmith
    RobynSmith Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello! How exciting to find this thread here. My hubby and i started P90X last week. We began with the Lean version because hubby wanted more cardio for the first month but i"m already bored - well not bored but in need of more weight so I think we are moving over to Classic. I'm not for sure though - he's not up yet. This is the 1st day of week 2 for us. :)
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hello! How exciting to find this thread here. My hubby and i started P90X last week. We began with the Lean version because hubby wanted more cardio for the first month but i"m already bored - well not bored but in need of more weight so I think we are moving over to Classic. I'm not for sure though - he's not up yet. This is the 1st day of week 2 for us. :)

Good for you!! I prefer Classic, the weight training is where the money is! :bigsmile: If you feel like you need more cardio, then add some in on Yoga day. Keep it up! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    hey bull50 what belt are you? I also do tae kwon do, im a orange belt, i do the class about 4 nites a week and i really enjoy it.

I am a second degree , almost third though :-)

I am an instructor here at a dojang where I live. I have been doing Tae Kwon Do since I was 4 years old. I got to red belt and stopped to play football, went back and stopped to play high school football then got really serious again, Been sticking with it ever since

Awesome! My brother does Kuk Sool Won and is working on his black belt testing now. I wish I had gotten into it at a younger age!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hi i finally got a tv out in the garage and was able to start p90x yesterday WOW nothing like p90 but needless to say i love it and the recovery drink really helps because i should be sore as hell today and while i can feel the effects im still able to move my arms! anyway keep pushing play!

Great job! Yeah, it's definitely more intense than P90! (but P90 is a great place to start!) Oh yeah, love the recovery drink, I just got my shipment last week (I like the packets because I can toss them in my gym bag). Glad you can move your arms. :bigsmile:
  • tracy24
    tracy24 Posts: 188
    Options
    yeah i got the packets too easier! i started with p90 last summer lost 30 pounds and 3 jeans sizes
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    So I've started over a million times, but today is my LAST day 1!
  • RobynSmith
    Options
    I like Yoga a lot - which surprised me as I didnt' think I would. The former dancer in me though really loved it! Lean wasn't my choice but since I got this program to help get my hubby working out, I went with his choice. I prefer weights over cardio. :)
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    yeah i got the packets too easier! i started with p90 last summer lost 30 pounds and 3 jeans sizes

Great job!! Don't ya love Tony? Have you done the P90 Masters also? I like those!
  • jessmomof3
    Options

Oh yeah, Rach!! You can do it, girl! :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I like Yoga a lot - which surprised me as I didnt' think I would. The former dancer in me though really loved it! Lean wasn't my choice but since I got this program to help get my hubby working out, I went with his choice. I prefer weights over cardio. :)

Good for you for getting your hubby working out. That's *exactly* why I started with P90X. And it worked... my hubby is down 19# and feeling awesome! :bigsmile:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options

Oh yeah, Rach!! You can do it, girl! :flowerforyou:

My coach keeps sending me 'butt kicking' emails and telling me I need to make time for ME! She's right! I wanna be P90x grad, doing mutliple rounds with Plus and doubles! :laugh:
  • TheBull50
    TheBull50 Posts: 220
    Options
    I actually went out this weekend and bought a pull up bar. I am not strong enough just yet to do the pull ups on my own so for a little bit i may be using a chair :- /
  • RobynSmith
    Options

Good for you for getting your hubby working out. That's *exactly* why I started with P90X. And it worked... my hubby is down 19# and feeling awesome! :bigsmile:

It's been great watching him - mostly because he's now finally understanding how many fat grams and calories are in his "normal" foods. Now he brings me a list of things he's eaten while at work so I can log them in for him. :) It's funny.
  • tracy24
    tracy24 Posts: 188
    Options
    no havent tried the masters and yes Tony rocks!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I actually went out this weekend and bought a pull up bar. I am not strong enough just yet to do the pull ups on my own so for a little bit i may be using a chair :- /

Good for you!! Definitely use the chair and lower as slowly as you can down (working the negatives). That is what I did until I could do them. Now I LOVE them!! :heart:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    no havent tried the masters and yes Tony rocks!

They're great for a *middle* workout. Tougher than P90, but not quite as intense as P90X (no pullups, but lots of pushups, a Plyo Legs, Core Cardio, etc). Tony is a riot, love him! :bigsmile:
  • TheBull50
    TheBull50 Posts: 220
    Options
    what does it take to actually become a P90X graduate?
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    what does it take to actually become a P90X graduate?

Just complete the 90 day program. People just say that they *graduate* after completing! :bigsmile:
  • jen92876
    jen92876 Posts: 6
    Options
    My husband and I are doing P90X together and we are both seeing results. I did get a little discouraged at first, since he was dropping weight really fast, but we are now on week 7 and i have lost 9 pounds and he is at about 14 or 15. It is definitely the hardest workout i have ever done and i am not a fan of the yoga, but it is the first workout that keeps me motivated so they are doing something right.
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Week 10, Day 1 today -- Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps + ABX. I don't think I'll ever be able to do the plyo or one-armed pushups off my knees. Every other kind of push-up, I'm on my toes, but not those. Oh, well. I'm doing my best! :smile: