WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Options

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Time Change- I got where I leave the car 🚘 click just remember it’s an hour ahead or behind. Hubby doesn’t know how to do it either.
    Cellphone 📱 newer kind change in their own old kind turn off then back on to reset it.
    The darn Thermostat!!! That’s my hardest clock besides the car. Stoves easy.
    I still not sure why we don’t just meet in the middle stop having time changes. Even most farmers find it aggravating.

Viv - How does a drive thu Coronovirus station even work in the USA 🇺🇸 or U.K.??? Seen Japanese article with one there but doubt are check points are the same at all.
    I can’t even begin to picture it.

Amber Tx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    0oa6a15c3ntd.jpeg
    r7x10z89d4b8.jpeg

JRs creating his own fun .Hectries to get the duck off his back lol 😂.

CSC updates still not showing some of the cases.I watched Hawaii Govenor speaking in their 1st positive case still shows 0 on the CDC .Olus they got 2 positive cases on another cruise ship 🛳 still at sea they recovered poor couple waiting to come home in a few days. Must be terrible stuck on your dream cruise in your room only for a month.
    https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/03/06/breaking-news/cruise-ship-that-tested-positive-for-coronavirus-increases-likelihood-of-infection-in-hawaii-lt-gov-josh-green-says/

Shows Washington at zero yet they had a lot of deaths this week from it. 16 so far that I’ve heard of. https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/article240989441.html

Every time I turn around Pence is in another State. I couldn’t travel that much it would bother me big time.

Amber Tx

Vacuumed every room I could still washing blankets. I keep loosing stuff today. If you see the part with a brush head to my vacuum let me know!!! I think I dropped it or JR grabbed it (was watching him more than the vacuum) if he had it he surely hid it.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Rocky and a pup Floyd

Such beautiful dogs. <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Let’s see, went to WalMart then Aldi. First made the crust for that girl’s birthday "cake". Then made chicken breasts in the IP (very tender, just need to brown them next time), soup in the IP, finished making the “cake” to take her, now making yogurt.

The Wii told me that since I left for FL, I lost 4 pounds. Watch how fast they come back. Our neighbor brought over papers she had for us.

For some reason, couldn’t sleep last night.

Katla – how scary!!! Good thing you were there

Anyone – do you know of a simple (meaning easy) casserole that I can make for these Newcomers? She’s going thru chemo for lung cancer. They are diabetic, not crazy about meat but love veges except for sweet potatoes. I was thinking of an egg casserole. This way they can have it for breakfast or for dinner. I have a cookbook called “I can’t believe it has no sugar”. The sweetener is mostly fruit juice. Is something like this good for a diabetic?

It’s funny in a way, Newcomers asked me to head this committee called “Members Helping Members”, I told them that I didn’t go to enough activities where people would be comfortable coming to me and that I thought Adra would be a good person since so many people in Newcomers know her. Well, they found someone else. Evidently, Adra sent out a notice to all the newcomers telling them about this diagnosis and with an address to send the card. Really, this should have been sent out by the person heading MHM. Well, lo and behold, that person is no longer doing it. I wouldn’t blame them. I know Adra is a great person who will go out of her way for anyone, but I also know that she’s somewhat of a control person. I wouldn’t want her doing my job. BTDT, I had that experience and didn’t like it one bit so she can have it. I suspect this might have happened with that other person, too.

Welcome everyone new

Michele who is off to church
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Michele I think your idea of an egg-based casserole is perfect! Spinach, zucchini, broccoli, bell pepper, cheese, etc would all be fantastic. Here is one recipe I found you might like:

https://www.diabetesfoodhub.org/recipes/vegetable-frittata.html

Fruit juice is too sugary and most diabetics avoid it.

Karen in Virginia
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Not feeling the best this morning. I have a nasty headache. After the fender bender at the grocery store I had a serving of DH’s whisky after being alcohol free for months. Bad plan. Then I had to call the paramedics for him due to an extreme blood sugar low. They gave him intravenous sugar that brought his blood sugar up to normal levels. That was scary and stressful! Now I have a crabby tummy and headache. :ohwell: The good news is DH is doing fine this morning. As for me, I'm feeling a bit foolish this morning. I shouldn't violate my own best rules.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

I'm sorry about your fender bender!💖
    Glad husband is better. Its not easy to throw that caregivers hat on, and take charge. But you know what, you did! Hugs sweet friend and give yourself a hug!💖has
    Rebecca
    Whidbey island momma
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    making comments by memory, (and we know how faulty that can be!), but here goes:
    Katla, glad to hear hubby is feeling better today, sorry to hear you had such a day yesterday tho!
    Korlandi1, welcome to a chatty, supportive group! Please make sure to sign a name and general location so that we can keep organized! The name can be your actual name, or nickname or..... and same with location, as general or specific as you are comfortable with. Please know that no one expects you to reply to every post, just jump in and comment when you feel like it!
    Tracey, oh my heart! Your granddaughter and her "hooncorns"! Adorable!
    Speaking of my heart, Rebecca, haven't seen photos of Athena yet this week! lol
    Marianne, I always put chicken soup base in any cream soup that I make, it gives the salt and some extra flavours as well.
    Allie, keeping my fingers crossed for you for a new job! I too hope that he figures out that the problem is him, but I wouldn't bet on that happening.
    Michele, glad you made it back okay and that you were able to get someone to deal with the left behind fridge stuff. That would have been really yucky by next year!
    Machka and Viv, Happy Birthday!
    Coronavirus, while there are some confirmed cases in Canada, I don't think that every province has been hit, not yet anyway. I also feel that we do need to keep it in perspective and that more deaths are caused by "regular" flu every year. I always have enough stuff, foodwise, to last a few weeks. We would get low on milk, but I figure if I could get someone to go buy it and just leave it on our doorstep to collect it would be fine. And if this flu is anything like any other flu I've ever had, I didn't feel much like eating anyway, and for water all I need to do is turn on the tap. We don't spend a lot of time with large amounts of people either, so that should minimize our exposure. And as hubby pointed out last night, as I was reading the blurb in the paper talking about steps to take and whose most vulnerable, we are both in pretty good health. We both had the flu last year and only felt really crappy for a few days, and there was no question of "should we go out and do this?", we both were pretty firmly entrenched in the house. Not a happy few days, and nothing that I'm eager to repeat, but we did survive just fine.
    That's all I can remember. Hugs to those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn on sunny (for now!) Vancouver Island
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    [
    Fruit juice is too sugary and most diabetics avoid it.

Karen in Virginia[/quote]

Would an angel food cake made with unsweetened pineapple be OK for a diabetic? As you can tell, I am NOT diabetic so I don't know a whole lot about it

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Michele - Diabetic Recipe sites for Angel Food Cake https://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/1810145039/sugar-free-angel-food-cake/

Fruit allowed but Can’t add a lot think they recommend no more than 1/2cup of strawberries 🍓 if I remember what Dad can have. Luckily he’s not a fruit person (He so picky like JR!)
    https://www.everydayhealth.com/type-2-diabetes/best-fruits-for-diabetes/

Omaha Nebraska case of Coronovirus he testing positive still but he doesn’t look sick at all to me.
    https://youtu.be/_O0IbLsZ3wA

Margaret on Church- Dads older man of course my Aunt y Uncle in their 70’s y 80’s their still going to go to church ⛪️.Their not going to avoid crowds either at church. Think if it’s a real worry to you hands up say oh not shaking hands until the virus is gone. Most understand. As a Preachers Daughter could come in late leave early never disrupts anything even if folks glance they quickly forget go back to listening or drawing or googling their cell phone or unwrapping the noisy candy/cough drop wrapper .

Amber Tx
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Michelle,
    I have been making Bisquick crustless casseroles for gatherings (remember them from the late 80s). I sometimes make in muffin tins for individual servings. They can be made with or without meat and for every type of meal.

The recipe only calls for 1/2 cup of Bisquick which is not too bad for diabetics and depending upon the vegetables used (more fiber) the net carbs per serving isn't too bad. When served with a salad it makes for a complete meal.

https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/impossibly-easy-vegetable-pie/569664c4-c405-4f0b-9fb6-720fd41bae39

:smile:
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    @Caledonia44 Several women on this thread are around 70 or older. Jump right in! You'll find lots of support as you achieve your goals.

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Rebecca Look how long Athena has gotten! Such a sweet picture.
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Michele You'd have to do the calculations with pineapple juice vs sugar. I'm guessing it won't make much difference, but angel food cake in general is not the worst dessert for diabetics, and most people will have a handle on what they are eating anyway.