WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Options

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    HeatherUK- I think I agree with Machka....bump and naseous= ER to me......prayers and hugs!

Lisa- LOVE!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Kylia - I'm with you. I find I do better if I'm not starving. :o

Machka - DH has a low BP anyway and round about once a year he forgets to drink enough and has this fainting thing in the night. When old men wee it sometimes causes a sudden drop in bp. It's only ever at night. Usually after a hot day. It's quite common in old men. The danger is from how he falls and if he hits anything. He seems totally fine now. It's called Post-Micturition Syncope.
    It obviously knocks his confidence a bit.

Waiting for the results of the COBRA meeting today. It might affect what Saga do.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Eating in restaurants.....
    If planning on eating out I usually search the menu online before I go and make a game plan. If I really want to enjoy I eat very light during the day. Anytime I eat out or have unplanned meals I take a picture of the plate before and after I eat. When taking the picture I make sure my hand is in it as a guide.
    Speaking of our hand it is a good measuring tool when we are out. A fist is a cup, first digit of thumb is a tablespoon or an ounce of cheese, your palm is a serving of meat (3-4 ounces). I'm sure there is something online.
    kymarai wrote: »
    Eating out- I try to check menus before going. When I don't, things surprise me! I find that if I eat my afternoon snack a little later, it helps me make better choices. Kind of like not going to grocery hungry. Water helps beforehand too. I don't generally drink much while eating.
    Kylia in Ohio

On eating in restaurants ...

Like you two, I check the menus before I go.

If there are calories on the menu, great! I make my selection based on how many calories I have available.

If there are no calories on the menu, I look up my preferred choices on recipe sites to see approximately how many calories they might have. Then I'll choose something at the high end of the calorie choices I find.

I'll also do things like:
    - starting with a garden salad without dressing
    - not drinking my calories ... water, diet drinks, black coffee
    - eating a bit lighter during the day
    - getting some additional exercise ... in addition to whatever our usual exercise is, we'll often park a distance away from the restaurant and walk, or if we're travelling, we'll walk from where we're staying.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    HeatherUK- I think I agree with Machka....bump and naseous= ER to me......prayers and hugs!

Lisa- LOVE!

Yes!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Machta Happyyyyy bdayyyyyyyy
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Machka- Happy birthday! Sounds like a great weekend. As for waiting in the truck, normally I have something to entertain myself. If it hadn't been cold and in heels I would have walked. The men in my life talk too much! A lot of them have cigars as well which I prefer to avoid. At least the radio was playing great songs!😉
    😎😍
    Kylia in Ohio

Kylia C'mon, girl! If the circumstances were reversed, you would never have said "thank you" and without a backwards glance headed back into your house without either inviting your friend in or checking with her to be sure she preferred to wait outside for her husband. It's odd and not sociable, and an indication that something is out of order. Maybe hoarding or a stinky cat box or something. Whatever it is, it must have caused her anxiety if she thought you might invite yourself in. Maybe she'll confide in you at some point.

Lisa I adore that picture of your husband and grandchildren. It melts my heart.

>>>

My grandson had writing SOLs Thur/Fri last week. He was the first one out both days, always a worrisome sign. He said it was easy and he thought he did really well. All he has to do is pass to be able to advance to 9th grade in the fall. It is likely that he passed.

Karen in Virginia

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Today JRs 3yrs old it’s raining 🌧 just like the Day he was born!
    (Raines with Daughter too)

So excited 😆 can’t open all the gifts until Saturday. 1 today is okay 👌

Amber Tx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Lisa - AAAAAHHHHH! :D<3<3

No hand sanitizer left anywhere, but I did find one of the last boxes of paracetamol. I have a recipe for making the sanitizer, so I asked the pharmacy if they had any gel for mixing into it. No. None. That pharmacy is the worst one ever . :# Eventually found the gel at the healthy shop. Also bought lavender oil so it smells good. I already have a big bottle of rubbing alcohol for when I fiddle with my blackheads. :o
    Kept my gloves on all round and washed my hands when I got home.

Katla - I have instructed DH in all those measures. I hope he will take care as I will probably be away in London on Thursday night. ;) That trip is what I need the sanitizer for.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    My best friend is a hospital respiratory therapist. She treated a guy who then tested positive for Covid 19. So we are all worried for her now.
    Still have not heard from my DD about graduation. I suppose the whole event might get cancelled.
    And I am worried about my trip to Tucson the end of March. Not sure whether it is safe to fly, or would I be bringing it home to my elderly parents? Too much fear and guessing.

Heather my dad fainted in the bathroom in the night once. They said it was a known side effect to one of his medicines. His med was changed and it never happened again. Hope for a remedy for your DH.

Annie in Delaware
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY to JR :)
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Hubby runs straight to the shower changes close when he comes home. Then I put them in the washing machine wash my hands

Amber Tx

Heard a St Louis guy broke quarantine to take his Daughter to a school Father Daughter dance. Bet the parents are pissed at his poor Daughter (people forget its the Adults responsibility not the child’s).
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, JR! birthday-dancer.gif
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday to JR!
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    JR says it’s his Pooh bears 🐻 birthday 🎁 too lol .
    JRs 3yrs old
    Pooh 4yrs old

Hubby y my Dad had to wish his teddy bear happy birthday lol

Amber Tx
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. Today's feast is some kielbasa sausage pan fried with a couple baby roasted potatoes and carrots. Maybe some yogurt and strawberries.👍
    Heather. So sorry to hear of your rough night. I'd just get that husband of yours checked out.👍For peace of mind. 💖
    💖Rebecca