Replies

• mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 585 Member
    Treab123 wrote: »
    @mkculs13 what's the TVP?

TVP = Texturized Vegetable Protein
  • estherpotter1
    estherpotter1 Posts: 137 Member
    Walking the dog with the kids.They boss me yo doiy.

• lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Having delicious, healthy, easy foods in my fridge so that I could throw an amazing breakfast and lunch together quickly this morning since I didn't prepare last night. Raspberries, and snap peas, and soup oh my!

Stepping on the scale this morning and seeing an unexpectedly low number.

Balancing my weekly calories so that I can have indulgent meals, drinks, or day. Having the tools to lower or increase calories in my "usual" meals and daily menus as needed to balance out workouts or indulgence.
  • mkculs13
    What works for me most days is just reminding myself why I want it.

I'm going to try that. thanks for posting.
  • NalaBellyFIT
    NalaBellyFIT Posts: 46 Member
    What works for me most days is just reminding myself why I want it.

Yep. Exactly this. It took me quite some time to learn awareness, but once I started thinking about my choices in terms of how they affect my goals, things became a little easier.
  • tufntender
    tufntender Posts: 98 Member
    Logging my food! I had what you would call cheat foods but I balanced that with other meals. I don't need to cut any one food, I just need to work then into the big picture and pay attention to my portions.
    . I seem to have issues with moderation

• lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited March 2020
    Looking at the restaurant menu ahead of time and planning what I would order. The menu didn’t have calorie counts, so I took a little time looking things up and figuring out the counts as best I could. It was just sushi, so not that difficult, but I added in a couple of beers, too. I came in just at my daily calorie goal (but possibly over on sodium!).

Also, avoiding the appetizers that others ordered and passed around. I stuck to my plan! (Well okay, I did have a single fried pickle slice)
  • mkculs13
    Being ok with an expected mistake worked for me yesterday. Still under maintenance (barely) and just letting it go.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited March 2020
    Ugh, today was a high-appetite day due to ovulation. I usually save up calories for after dinner, but this evening I'm skipping the after-dinner snack and just having hot tea. I'm still a little over my calorie goal, but definitely under maintenance.
  • mkculs13
    I had a banana and a bar of chocolate on my desk......I ate the banana and resisted the chocolate......

I'm impressed. I cannot keep chocolate at my desk. It's just one of those things I've learned about myself. Fortunately, my colleague occasionally brings some to share and b/c I don't believe in being greedy, I only take what I can fit into my calorie budget for the day. I've even forgotten I had "her" candy in my desk for a few weeks (I put it in a drawer I rarely need to open).
  • mkculs13
    Not my Excedrine Migraine. My head is still pounding. :sad:

So sorry you are feeling crummy. I hope you have it under control by now.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!