You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What worked for you today?

Replies

• mkculs13mkculs13 Posts: 213Member Member Posts: 213Member Member
    Treab123 wrote: »
    @mkculs13 what's the TVP?

TVP = Texturized Vegetable Protein
  • estherpotter1estherpotter1 Posts: 120Member Member Posts: 120Member Member
    Walking the dog with the kids.They boss me yo doiy.

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 513Member Member Posts: 513Member Member
    Having everything ready for me this morning. I woke up stiff and sore (my body has not forgiven me for the weekend's work) but there were my clothes laid out ready, and when I went downstairs, my hot tea was waiting in the thermos, and all I had to do was figure out whether I wanted grape jam or strawberry jam on my English muffin today. I had iced tea made for Boyfriend, and the timer on the coffee pot worked and made him coffee just before he came downstairs. It makes my morning less stressful, and gets me past the part where I am nauseated due to my psych med, until it comes online and I can think straight and get on with my day.
  • lilawolflilawolf Posts: 1,645Member Member Posts: 1,645Member Member
    Having delicious, healthy, easy foods in my fridge so that I could throw an amazing breakfast and lunch together quickly this morning since I didn't prepare last night. Raspberries, and snap peas, and soup oh my!

Stepping on the scale this morning and seeing an unexpectedly low number.

Balancing my weekly calories so that I can have indulgent meals, drinks, or day. Having the tools to lower or increase calories in my "usual" meals and daily menus as needed to balance out workouts or indulgence.
    What works for me most days is just reminding myself why I want it.

I'm going to try that. thanks for posting.
  • NalaBellyFITNalaBellyFIT Posts: 36Member Member Posts: 36Member Member
    What works for me most days is just reminding myself why I want it.

Yep. Exactly this. It took me quite some time to learn awareness, but once I started thinking about my choices in terms of how they affect my goals, things became a little easier.
  • ploomkaploomka Posts: 392Member Member Posts: 392Member Member
    Logging. Logging everything. Logging everything every day! Even when I “cheat”. Data helps me stay on track. If I commit to logging no matter what, I do well over time.
  • tufntendertufntender Posts: 82Member Member Posts: 82Member Member
    Logging my food! I had what you would call cheat foods but I balanced that with other meals. I don't need to cut any one food, I just need to work then into the big picture and pay attention to my portions.
    . I seem to have issues with moderation

• lightenup2016lightenup2016 Posts: 1,002Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,002Member, Premium Member
    Looking at the restaurant menu ahead of time and planning what I would order. The menu didn’t have calorie counts, so I took a little time looking things up and figuring out the counts as best I could. It was just sushi, so not that difficult, but I added in a couple of beers, too. I came in just at my daily calorie goal (but possibly over on sodium!).

Also, avoiding the appetizers that others ordered and passed around. I stuck to my plan! (Well okay, I did have a single fried pickle slice)
    edited March 10
    Being ok with an expected mistake worked for me yesterday. Still under maintenance (barely) and just letting it go.
    Today I adjusted my settings to lose 1lb/week from 2 lbs/week. I was too hungry. And while it's pretty early to be done with all my cals, my back hurts and my pills will make me sleepy, so I won't be up much longer. Should be able to get to tomorrow without much trouble.
  • lightenup2016lightenup2016 Posts: 1,002Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,002Member, Premium Member
    Ugh, today was a high-appetite day due to ovulation. I usually save up calories for after dinner, but this evening I'm skipping the after-dinner snack and just having hot tea. I'm still a little over my calorie goal, but definitely under maintenance.
    edited March 11
    I was hungry and drank some water instead of snacking; it worked. Hunger gone.
    Planning ahead. It's my birthday and I plan to have cake. Gotta get a bit of extra exercise and plan on the extra calories. I dont even plan on meeting my goal--maintenance for me when cake is IN THE HOUSE.

There's a reason it isn't here very often :)
  • miss_zita_2020miss_zita_2020 Posts: 5,505Member Member Posts: 5,505Member Member
    I had a banana and a bar of chocolate on my desk......I ate the banana and resisted the chocolate......
    I had a banana and a bar of chocolate on my desk......I ate the banana and resisted the chocolate......

I'm impressed. I cannot keep chocolate at my desk. It's just one of those things I've learned about myself. Fortunately, my colleague occasionally brings some to share and b/c I don't believe in being greedy, I only take what I can fit into my calorie budget for the day. I've even forgotten I had "her" candy in my desk for a few weeks (I put it in a drawer I rarely need to open).
  • miss_zita_2020miss_zita_2020 Posts: 5,505Member Member Posts: 5,505Member Member
    mkculs13 wrote: »

I'm impressed. I cannot keep chocolate at my desk. It's just one of those things I've learned about myself. Fortunately, my colleague occasionally brings some to share and b/c I don't believe in being greedy, I only take what I can fit into my calorie budget for the day. I've even forgotten I had "her" candy in my desk for a few weeks (I put it in a drawer I rarely need to open).

Thank you @mkculs13 😊
    A colleague bought it for me and I had to resist it cuz I love chocolate.......
    Just a quick update.........I ate it today....🤦🏻‍♀️😂
  • quiksylver296quiksylver296 Posts: 26,325Member Member Posts: 26,325Member Member
    Not my Excedrine Migraine. My head is still pounding. :sad: