Calorie Counter

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What worked for you today?

Replies

• MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 2,966 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2,966 Member
    Becoming one, and at peace, with my neglected foam roller. Also, taking a "rest rest" day instead of an "active rest" day.

It helped that it rained the entire time though 😐
  • Sand_TIgerSand_TIger Member Posts: 336 Member Member Posts: 336 Member
    Adding a couple ounces of plain nonfat Greek yogurt to my oats really worked this morning! The 2 ounces of blueberries weren't bad either. :) It kept me filled up nicely till lunch.
  • charmmethcharmmeth Member Posts: 515 Member Member Posts: 515 Member
    Eating chickpeas (prepared with courgette/zucchini, garlic and parsley) instead of potatoes or pasta for dinner last night.
  • lorrieannoberrylorrieannoberry Member Posts: 42 Member Member Posts: 42 Member
    nope didn't do good at 2nd night supper campmeeting either. Got up this morning trying to find something to wear to work and saw this dress that 2 or 3 weeks ago i put on and hips were to tight. The way i ate last two days i thought it would never fit but i remembered i lost inches in my hips so i tried it on and YES!! it fit great!!! Maybe tonight i be inspired to do better. So getting into something that i couldn't wear just a few weeks ago worked to give me a better mind set this morning.
  • OdiroEasyOdiroEasy Member Posts: 16 Member Member Posts: 16 Member
    I skipped the (assisted) pull up bar and did push presses and kettlebell snatches. I must have injured my shoulder in a weird spot so I can’t do my weekly pull ups. I chose to do something else so that I can heal.
    edited August 5
  • Sand_TIgerSand_TIger Member Posts: 336 Member Member Posts: 336 Member
    Today, what worked for me was taking a measured amount of spelt flour and making leavened flatbread with it, with pieces scored so I had automatic 100 calorie sections. Then I had some with green soup and it was amazing. It worked well for portion control. Another thing that worked was listening to a really inspiring podcast about weight loss theory as it rekindled my interest and gave me a boost of motivation.
  • veggiepatveggiepat Member Posts: 121 Member Member Posts: 121 Member
    What worked for me today was planning my meals and really watching the chart in the food diary, to stay in balance with the carbs, proteins and fats. I feel so good about it!
  • healermoonhealermoon Member Posts: 74 Member Member Posts: 74 Member
    Today I completed day 3 of Walkfit, and logging, even when I know my meals and snacks aren't the healthiest but I am feeling like I am taking baby steps, and moving forward. I have a dog and work from home right now, so I have 4 very important walk breaks for Storm's potty breaks. We take a walk every morning, lunch, after work and before bed. These walks have been about a half mile and really at a leisurely pace. I knew since I was already doing this walks I could make at least one of them a workout. I also have physical limitations (I have had a back fusion about 5 years ago, and I have permanent damage to both of my sciatic nerves. I have also had 3 surgeries on my right shoulder for rotator cuff tears, and carpal tunnel surgery on both wrists). As a result doing full tilt workouts were not working for me. I can't do even my walkfit app every day but I am doing every other day right now.
  • MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 2,966 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2,966 Member
    Doing my workout when I didn't want to 😐
  • dsgoingtodoitdsgoingtodoit Member Posts: 632 Member Member Posts: 632 Member
    0% yogurt is my new go to for mayo and sour cream replacement...
  • DanaReel180DanaReel180 Member, Premium Posts: 463 Member Member, Premium Posts: 463 Member
    Planning ahead, preparing food for salads, logging and keeping active as possible. I'm also reading a book by Allen Carr: Good Sugar Bad Sugar. It's been a wake up call for me and how sugar works in your body. It's available on Amazon.