What worked for you today?

Replies

• patprince8
    patprince8 Posts: 16 Member
    Having some peanut butter coffee before exercise instead of black coffee. I feel so good right now.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    patprince8 wrote: »
    Having some peanut butter coffee before exercise instead of black coffee. I feel so good right now.

What on earth is peanut butter coffee?
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    Listened to a great podcast about fitness and it re framed my mindset. I don't feel so overwhelmed now and will continue to trust this process.
  • MeganD1704
    alexmose wrote: »

agreed what is this? Although maybe I shouldn't know as I love peanut butter :D
  • Trying something different. And hey, pizza for 400 calories isn't bad at all. (Needs more garlic, though.)
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Today I ate a big bowl of steamed broccoli before I ate anything else. I was ravenously hungry after swimming and knew I was in danger of inhaling anything and everything I could find in my fridge. The broccoli took the edge off.

Good strategy! I sometimes do the same with a raw carrot before I jump in the shower to give my stomach a bit of time to recognise it got some food in it before starting to dish up my next main mail.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Today I ate a big bowl of steamed broccoli before I ate anything else. I was ravenously hungry after swimming and knew I was in danger of inhaling anything and everything I could find in my fridge. The broccoli took the edge off.

Good strategy! I sometimes do the same with a raw carrot before I jump in the shower to give my stomach a bit of time to recognise it got some food in it before starting to dish up my next main mail.

Yes, this is one of those tactics learned from necessity. Otherwise I just stand there in my wet bathing suit, eating cheese straight from the fridge because I'm too hungry to actually MAKE lunch!
  • MeganD1704 wrote: »
    alexmose wrote: »

agreed what is this? Although maybe I shouldn't know as I love peanut butter :D

Nuts.com carries it. I know because my girlfriend also adores peanut butter and uses peanut butter creamer in her coffee.

• MeganD1704
    Thanks @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 ! sounds interesting.

Today what worked for me was pushing through- I really was so tired but I kept switching my workout minutes up in order to keep myself focused. The workout was all over- but I got it done!
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    I work really hard to get at least 10K steps each day. Since it is rainy here, I did some elliptical, treadmill walking and running, and then a podcast workout. Love them! probs will do 1-3 trigger sessions today.
  • colieblossom
    colieblossom Posts: 84 Member
    I listened to a workout video wile doing a different workout. I used the motivational cues to get me through it. This worked for me.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    I listened to my body.

I had a pretty active weekend (hiked for 5 miles) and had a bicycle ride planned (practicing for next weekend). But, after working out, cooking, and doing chores, my body just felt really heavy and tired. So, I'm skipping the bike ride today and just focusing on some rest and relaxation. I'm having some graham crackers and jasmine tea then, if I revive after that, I may give myself a manicure :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!