WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Debby - praying 🙏. Hard habit to break for many.

Amber Tx

So far been 1 pee accident but got rubber pants underwear 🩲 on him so it’s contained
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Flea- Don’t worry about it we’re all in the same boat as a world wide issue. Just found out all of Italy is locked down I’m in disbelief of it all.I’ve never heard of a whole country being locked down.

So far JR peed twice in his underwear 🩲 doesn’t seem to bother him at all. Same kid the diaper can fall off wet he doesn’t want to stop playing. Going to keep trying got 6 pairs of underwear when I run out diaper y wash them all for tomorrow I guess. So far the rubbers trapping it well.

Coronovirus- Giliade pharmaceutical made a possible cure they couldn’t get approval for testing seeing airlines stopping China flights 1 by 1 they sent it without approval to be used there. Will see how it goes. If it works great if not oh well at least they tried.

Amber Tx
  • flanchick
    flanchick Posts: 30 Member
    I am working on maintaining my weight. I worked hard the last 10 years to lose my weight and went through a divorce. It's a constant struggle to not overeat. I crave all the time. I am working on staying active every day. Every. Dang. Day. I will walk. I also attempt to workout every other day. Some days it's such an effort and other days I feel more peppy. Life is a struggle and weight is no different. I attempt to eat as healthy as I can. That's 80% of weight I feel is what you put in your mouth. Blessings to all!
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,280 Member
    edited March 2020
    Husband got his stitches out from an arm area today. On February 27th they cut out a suspicious mole. Last week the dermatologist called and stated they had gotten it all.👍be

Today I plan on drinking 72 oz of water. Every 2 hours until 6pm. Sometimes it helps me think of water like a medicine.👍
    💖Rebecca

You're drinking 72 oz of water every two hours?

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Trucker- Sending hugs to your daughter to get well. I worked in public accounting for over 5 years. I completely forgot about the germs that spread during tax season. Don't let people borrow your pens. :wink:

Amber- The chocolate chip cookie looks great. Thank you for the information on the Heritage Diet. Its very interesting.

Last night I went to the ymca for my body pump class. I was able to keep up until the last 2 sessions. (chest and abs) Woke up this morning with sore legs.
    Weather is gorgeous here.
    Anna in Oklahoma
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Oakie ~ I think Rebecca meant she was drinking every two hours and the total would be 72 oz in all. :)
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,280 Member
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Okie-I am hoping Rebecca meant that She would drink a total of 72 ounces. As I think 72 ounces every 2 hours would give her water poisoning
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Oakie ~ I think Rebecca meant she was drinking every two hours and the total would be 72 oz in all. :)

I hope that’s what she meant. If you drink the water over a 16 hour period, that’s just a bit over a half cup every two hours. Easily doable I would think.

I thought of water poisoning as well when I thought she meant 72 oz every two hours.

Okie
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    I’m leaning toward this Corono Virus not being around too long….it was made in China. I bet Florida is worried. Wonder if this will make DisneyLand’s prices go down???

Carol – the temp crown is on. I didn’t take any anesthesia (again). Truthfully, they were a little surprised but they said they have a few patients who don’t take any novacaine. He also cleaned out the decay between another crown and a filling (I think it was). Anyway, it didn’t hurt at all. I was surprised when he said he was finished drilling down for the crown. I thought it would be more uncomfortable. I go back on April 7 for the permanent crown.

Debbie VA – Prayers

Rebecca – good idea keep dh home

Welcome everyone new!

Okie – that’s how I interpret Rebecca’s post. But if it was 72oz every hour, she’d float away. I bet she means 72oz in a day but drinking so many ounces every hour

After the dentist went and bought more yarn for the tree skirt that I need to finish. They asked this lady in front of me to punch her phone number into the keypad and she didn’t want to touch it. Never thought of that. They had no problem, the guy just punched it into his register. I tell you, Michael’s is much more expensive than ACMoore and not nearly as friendly. Anyway, then went to Hamrick’s and, natch, they didn’t have my size of shoes that I wanted. Supposedly, another store has my size, but what happens is that they send the wide size and I can’t use the wide. Then went to the mall here and got this body wash for Jess for free. I tell you, it seems that indoor malls are really going out of favor. Then went to the dollar store to get birthday cards for Jess and her bf and a new microwave food cover, then home.

Michele NC
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Husband got his stitches out from an arm area today. On February 27th they cut out a suspicious mole. Last week the dermatologist called and stated they had gotten it all.👍be

Today I plan on drinking 72 oz of water. Every 2 hours until 6pm. Sometimes it helps me think of water like a medicine.👍
    💖Rebecca

You're drinking 72 oz of water every two hours?

Okie in the TX Hill Country

No no! 72 oz daily. Every 2 hours I have a 12 oz glass.👍
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    edited March 2020
    Just watched an interview with someone who is directly involved with working on a vaccine for Covid-19. He was an American being interviewd by a British Journalist. He said we need to learn from the Chinese and those and Singapore and follow their lead in trying to slow this illness down. There was one case at the end of December now it is spread worldwide. He stressed this illness will not totally go away anytime soon. We need to buy time so a vaccine can be found.

Seeing how China shut down and now Italy. It does give us time to consider what we can do to prepare without panicing. In some ways it is like preparing for a natural disaster. You get yourself as prepared as you can and pray that disaster doesn't hit you. At least if it does and you are prepared you are in a better postion to do damage control.

If they find you have been exposed it is important to quarantine yourself for 14 days. Hence why it is important to have supplies ready.

The U.S. does not have the beds to take care of those who may be come serouily ill from this illness. We need to work together and do what we can do to stay healthly so we do not overburden the health care system.

Staying home when sick is important. So Heather you are doing the right thing in staying home.

Watch out for scammers that promise cures, vaccines, and supplies like masks. Right now their is no cure and no vaccine. Someone trying to sell you a mask on line is probably a scammer.

It is true for most it will be milder. Who that 15% that will get hit hard is still unknown. It is that 15% we all need to work together to protect. For those of us over 60 we are more vulnerable. It is recommended we try to avoid crowds.

They also interviewed a younger man who worked in the health system who was in ICU. He said it hit him fast just like the flu can. Younger people can also get hit hard, too.

Having survived the Swine Flu I do take this very serioulsly.

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    For anyone (maybe you M?), the listing of My Meals used to be alphabetical but isn't now, and for the life of me I can't figure out how to get it to sort from A to Z. Can anyone help me?

Michele NC