Coronavirus prep

Options

Replies

• try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Just had to share this. We are watching the championship of our state basketball tournament (televised- game is being played with limitations on spectators). During the player introductions, one player licked his fingers, wiped them on the bottom of his shoe, shook hands with the opposing player with the same hand, who then went and fist-bumped his teammates. :D Sort of comical, but not, you know?
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Ruatine wrote: »
    You know what I find interesting.... the amount of disagree reacts in this thread.
    try2again wrote: »
    Just had to share this. We are watching the championship of our state basketball tournament (televised- game is being played with limitations on spectators). During the player introductions, one player licked his fingers, wiped them on the bottom of his shoe, shook hands with the opposing player with the same hand, who then went and fist-bumped his teammates. :D Sort of comical, but not, you know?

That is just all kinds of gross regardless of what viruses are going around.

Yes! But you seem them do it all the time. And you often see professional players wiping their hands on the bottom of their shoes and then taking out their mouth guard. :#
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    You know what I find interesting.... the amount of disagree reacts in this thread.

Yes! But you seem them do it all the time. And you often see professional players wiping their hands on the bottom of their shoes and then taking out their mouth guard. :#

:grimace: indeed.

Currently listening to Trump's press conference. Apparently Google is helping to create a website for people to evaluate symptoms and risk factors, find testing at drive-thru test stations and expedite lab results.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Public school systems are closing for at least two weeks around here, the governor called it.

So for some dark humor, I've checked some books out of Overdrive to read while potentially self-quarantining:

The 900 Days: The Siege of Leningrad
    The Stranger Beside Me (about Ted Bundy)

I love Overdrive! Hardly have to go to my library anymore.

Earlier this week I heard an interview with Dr. Robin Cook, author of many books, including "Pandemic" and "Outbreak." I've just downloaded those books, and noticed that Netflix is offering titles with the same names (but of different origins.)

Dr. Cook said he's been terrified of this scenario for 40 years and lamented how woefully under-prepared we were for it.

Love him too. I’ve read most of his books.
    Dr. Osterholm, (was state of MN epidemiologist, I don’t know if he still is) has been saying the same for years.
  • RCPV
    RCPV Posts: 342 Member
    Options

Okay, as a person who doesn't follow sports I have a question: WHY do they wipe their hands on the bottom of their shoes?