March 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    @polskagirl you are also amazing!

To everyone getting out and running their races anyway, you I inspire me!

Our cases have jumped to 52 today, 2 of those are community spread, rather than people coming back from overseas with it, so it's only a matter of time before we are in complete lock down. They have released a 4 level alert system, we are level 2. I predict 100 cases by Monday, and level 3, which will involve schools closing etc. Will see. Hopefully I'm wrong, but once it's out in the community... I really like that they have released this. It gives more of a structured method to things, and we all know what's going to happen.

I am on call this weekend, I had two calls last night so am shattered. Still didy 8k training run though, figured tomorrow will be worse.

One thing I did realise is that in the lock downs, domestic travel will be restricted. So unless something major goes well, I'm confident that not only will my Marathon in July be cancelled, even if it were on I won't be allowed to travel anyway. So I'm planning on emulating you guys. We have an amazing foreshore walkway. I'm not sure how long it is but I think if I do 2 put and backs thats 42k. So planning on still doing the marathon, just at home. Because you lot have inspired me!

ETA I looked it up, its 12.7k, so yep I was right! Wonder if I can convince someone to man an aid station at the halfway point, so every 6k I can get some drink...

If we were nearer, i would totally do it
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,977 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    ETA I looked it up, its 12.7k, so yep I was right! Wonder if I can convince someone to man an aid station at the halfway point, so every 6k I can get some drink...

If you can't find someone, could you stash some stuff at the halfway point so it would be there for you?

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,443 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @Teresa502 🎂🎈🎉
  • quilteryoyo
    edited March 2020
    Options
    WOW @PastorVincent ! Pretty weird how these things happen sometimes.

Happy Birthday @Teresa502 ! Glad you got to run and got to celebrate with friends too!

@Teresa502 The loop I do on my driveway is about 0.3 miles total. If I did the entire driveway, it would be 0.5 miles, but that's just too much hill to repeat. What I do is enough. :lol:
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 Happy birthday! I hope it's a day filled with fun whether it's running, games, movies or cake...lots and lots of cake!

@quilteryoyo You know you can do it, you know you can! Self defeating talk is enemy number one. I'm still mad at my dog. Upon further "examining" the bunnies, it looks like she was using them as toys. So sad.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 happy birthday! Cupcakes sound like an awesome way to carb load :-) I can confirm that Easter eggs work well too ;-)
    @quilteryoyo you've got this!
  • quilteryoyo
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Thanks @eleanorhawkins and @LoveyChar. I can do it and negative thoughts are self defeating. That's why I struck that part out. My original thought was "If I can," but I realized there was no "if." I can do this! It may be slow and not pretty, but I can!

@katharmonic Just WOW about the guy doing a balcony marathon. I can't even imagine. Glad you got to meet up with some friends for your run today.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Happy birthday, @Teresa502 !! Hope you had a wonderful day!!!
    The balcony marathoner must share genetic material with our own @AlphaHowls !!! As I recall, she once ran a marathon in her basement. Don't know if she had her dewclaws up or not...
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @TheMrWobbly way to go on the HM! That's impressive to do back to back to back to back!
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo You can! Do or do not, there is no try. As per Yoda!