• kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 - Happy Birthday!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,958 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Five consecutive weekend HM @TheMrWobbly ?! You are the man! Way to hang in there with that wind. I think I would have turned around an did an extra loop or something. HAHAHA for the meme!

@hamsterwheel6 Great job on your 10K! Congratulations on your PR! That's a fantastic pace!

@rheddmobile You can do it! Get out there and run! I do have a question. Why can't you go to the parks and run? Are they closing them? Remind me where you live again.

@Scott6255 Glad you were able to continue your run.

• hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 @quilteryoyo Thanks very much!
  • hamsterwheel6
    Options
    Today's run was sponsored by Starsky & Hutch and Charlie's Angels. Yes, I did a treadmill run today. Watching those old shows helps the time to pass. I did 4 miles at a fairly easy 11:36/mile pace. I also did a mile of walking to warm up and cool down.

exercise.png

Great shows! Good to get it done!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    The last 2-3 miles were a bit slower, but......I got a PR! Average pace of 10:00 min / mile. So very happy with that!
    9:35 miles in 1:33:31
    Got home and put my medal on!
    Awesome! Congratulations!
  • hamsterwheel6
    Options
    Someone give me a push, I’m trying to work up to running in my neighborhood and it’s chilly. Hate running my neighborhood, and the thought of trading beautiful parks with wildlife for broken sidewalks filled with randos selling drugs and waving guns around for the next few months is getting me down. I’m getting ready but I keep looking at the clock and I’m moving super slow.

If some dude can run a marathon on a balcony and @quilteryoyo can run in her driveway I need to shut the stuff up and get out there! It’s a privilege these days to be able to run! I gotta get on top of the game mentally somehow.

Hopefully you went, it really does help mentally. I’ve been depressed about all this as well, and glad to have been able to run.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 Happy birthday!

@rheddmobile nudge, nudge... push, push... And with that I’ll get my lazy self out yo run in the neighborhood too...
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Today's run was sponsored by Starsky & Hutch and Charlie's Angels. Yes, I did a treadmill run today. Watching those old shows helps the time to pass. I did 4 miles at a fairly easy 11:36/mile pace. I also did a mile of walking to warm up and cool down.

exercise.png

Hahahaha good for you! I used to ride an exercise bike every morning before work and watch goofy, fun shows.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the birthday wishes!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,973 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Happy Birthday @Teresa502! 🎂

Congrats on the PR @hamsterwheel6!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    The last 2-3 miles were a bit slower, but......I got a PR! Average pace of 10:00 min / mile. So very happy with that!
    9:35 miles in 1:33:31

W00T! Way to kill it in the lockdown!