What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,040 Member
    Options
    I did this and 32 min elliptical. I don’t know if I’ll get to walk. Cold and rainy and I’m a baby about it. I’ll do the elliptical again. (I’m in this stupid step challenge that currently rules my life. I don’t normally use an elliptical this much. So weird. So dumb. Me.)
    3wzq5j1wme3y.jpeg
  • gunderw59
    gunderw59 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    CrossFit
    5x5 Deadlifts 185
    5x5 Reverse lunges weighted 2 ea 30 lb db's

360 jump ropes
    270 sit ups
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    1 Hour Row today, what a shock, right?? Really slow today. More than usual and my usual is pretty slow these days. I think it has a lot to do with the amount of meters I'm putting in. Been over two years since I've done this much rowing. Body still getting slowly acclimated to it. DF up to 110 today. So I'm also upping the strenght it takes per stroke while keeping the HR relatively low. This was a SS (steady state, slow day) workout. Roughly 850 calories.
  • BecMarty14
    BecMarty14 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Yoga with Adrienne
    Fitness Blender HIIT
    10 burpees
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I did 5k on my C2. It's a while since I used it, as climbing took over my life and became my main exercise. But now the gyms are all shut.

Pace 2.16; stroke rate 24. I will try to lower the stroke rate on future efforts. But I don't seem to have totally forgotten how it works.
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    60 mins @ 4mph with a 12 incline on the ole treadmill
  • gunderw59
    gunderw59 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    CrossFit
    Strength - Front Squats
    15 reps @115

Wod time cap 20:00
    Hang cleans, hspu scaled to box, wall balls
    3-6-9-12
    Squat cleans, box step overs, wall balls
    3-6-9-12
    Power cleans, burpees over box, wall balls
    3-6-9-12 (made it to this round completed thru 6 burpees over box, cap got me there)

Last day gym is open (covid restrictions). Hope I have the motivation to continue from home.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Bicep curls, bicep curls and a little more bicep curls. A walk with the dog too.
  • MikePfirrman
    Options
    Got to take out some pent up emotion on the rower today. 4 X 1000m with 4' (minute) rest. 10 minute warmup and 20 minute cool down. 10K meters total. 1000 calories. Slow by most I compete with's standards, but I'm 55 and they recommend you don't go into the "red zone" to keep your immune system strong. I went right up to 90% of max but no more on each interval (around 2:06 average for the intervals). Just two years ago, I was at 1:55, so I think I'm still getting used to all the meters again. I might hit 300K meters this month.

My lunchtime workouts have been one of the few normal things left of my day. I relish them.
  • MikePfirrman
    Options
    BecMarty14 wrote: »
    Yoga with Adrienne
    Fitness Blender HIIT
    10 burpees

You and my wife could workout together. She loves those two.
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,164 Member
    Options
    Did some arm resistance/upper body work on the pulley machine and 30 minutes on the elliptical. Have access to my school's weight room.
  • drmwc
    Options
    Did another 5k on the c2. I knocked 6 seconds off my previous PB! 😀

2.15 pace, stroke rate too high (just under 25.)
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Oh dang haven’t been to this thread since August. Well, in the time of corona and no gym to access it was a 5 mile run for me during the early morning
  • BecMarty14
    Options
    Mar 20: 40 min walk
    Fitness Blender HIIT
    Yoga with Adrienne

Mar 21: Yoga with Adrienne
  • MikePfirrman
    Options
    Did an hour and five minute row today, then went with my wife and son on a 3.4 mile "easy" rated hike in Catalina State Park, part of Coronado National Forest. Beautiful trail with a waterfall and lots of huge Saguaros, wildflowers and gorgeous rocks. Also right at the foot of Pusch Ridge, around 8000 feet high mountain with dramatic rock formations on top.
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    100 Fwd Jump Rope
    30 Dips
    30 Wipers

4 x 10
    Rope Exts
    Rope Curls
    Chest Press
    Shoulder Press
    Front Raises
    Lateral Raises
    Rear Delts
    Hammer Curls
    Iso Rope Exts

Dirty 30
    Situps/Crunches/Supine Bike/Flutter kicks/ Rower
    Hip Lifts w/twist/Cable Crunches/Mtn Climbers

100 Jump Rope

30 min's treadmill 12 incline @ 4mph
  • ataleforthetimebeing
    ataleforthetimebeing Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Very light because yesterday I overdid it. I guess staying so much inside made me compensate yesterday and today I am paying for it.
  • BecMarty14
    Options
    Mar 22: Yoga with Adrienne
    Fitness Blender 10 min abs
    20 Burpees
  • MikePfirrman
    Options
    Hour row today. DF likely too high (110) for me at this stage. Back a bit tight. Did it a little harder, also not wise. Tomorrow is supposed to be short, fast work. Might have to reconsider that. We'll see.
  • drmwc
    Options
    I purchased a stay at home climbing strength programme. It looks good. It has 6 workouts, and some nice yogic stretches for the day off.

It consists of:
    1. Day 1, hangboarding
    2. Day 2, upper body
    3. Day 3, legs
    4. Day 4, hangboarding and kettlebells
    5. Day 5, pull ups and Olympic rings
    6. Day 6, more rings
    I did Day 1 today. It took me around 2 hours. The workout was:

Dynamic stretches
    Burpees
    Band stretches
    Light pull ups
    Light hangboarding
    Heavy hangboarding
    Finger curls
    Max effort pull ups
    Core work
    Yogic stretching

The hangboarding was good. I am very close to getting a sensible time on the smallest rung (15mm). It would be odd if my time off climbing made me a better climber.