What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• Hitting what I plan out is a refreshing thing.

Today was leg day and barely made it through because I was hoping no one would be in the gym but I have massive weight to get off so I pushed.

Kettle bell swings x 3sets
    Deadlifts
    Superset
    Cable kick backs
    Cable pullthroughs

Bosu ball hip thrust
    Sumo squats
    The wall
    Planks on bosu ball
    Banded squats and kickbacks
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited September 2019
    Back from vacation in San Diego. We averaged around five miles of walking a day or more. First time back in CA in over 30 years and first time ever in SoCal. Wife and I loved it there. Planning on going back in Jan for our anniversary and for the Winter Indoor Rowing races at the San Diego Rowing Club. The wife is totally fine with me "racing" on our Anniversary if I stay in or near LaJolla, so it's a bit of a compromise!

I'd like to be sub 7:30 by then on my 2K times but we'll see. Was approaching 7:00 when I hurt my back. That would have had me very competitive for my age group. At 7:30 I'll be racing mostly against myself (for last place) as the competition is all world-class at this venue for my age group.

@ Aoyoke - that's great you're doing so well being even close to a LHT. Being just over LHT makes being competitive that much harder. I'm not much taller than you so I can relate to being vertically challenged for a rower! One kid in my club is 16 and has set numerous WRs for his age group already. He's 6 foot 7! I think you will see him in the Olympics in a few years. He just rowed (I think) close to a 6:00 2K and he only took up OTW two years ago yet won the world championships already for his age group in a single. Lives in Idaho on a lake and he's homeschooled so spends a ridiculous amount of time on the water.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    9/2am
    Yoga
    5 Tibetan Rites (9 rounds each rite working towards 21)
    Hatha Sun Salutation - 5 Rounds
    Strength
    Handstand Pushup - GTG
    *On a Yoga Block
    5 x 3 (15)
    Pull-ups - GTG
    5 x 6 (30)
    Cossack Squat - GTG
    5 x 8 (40)
    Conditioning
    Jumprope - 3min on 1min off x 6 (18 min)
    Meditate

9/3am
    Yoga
    Strength
    Handstand Pushup - GTG
    *On a Yoga Block
    5 x 3 (15)
    Pull-ups - GTG
    5 x 6 (30)
    Cossack Squat - GTG
    5 x 8 (40)
    Meditate

• Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Circuit of doom
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Back from vacation in San Diego. We averaged around five miles of walking a day or more. First time back in CA in over 30 years and first time ever in SoCal. Wife and I loved it there. Planning on going back in Jan for our anniversary and for the Winter Indoor Rowing races at the San Diego Rowing Club. The wife is totally fine with me "racing" on our Anniversary if I stay in or near LaJolla, so it's a bit of a compromise!

I'd like to be sub 7:30 by then on my 2K times but we'll see. Was approaching 7:00 when I hurt my back. That would have had me very competitive for my age group. At 7:30 I'll be racing mostly against myself (for last place) as the competition is all world-class at this venue for my age group.

@ Aoyoke - that's great you're doing so well being even close to a LHT. Being just over LHT makes being competitive that much harder. I'm not much taller than you so I can relate to being vertically challenged for a rower! One kid in my club is 16 and has set numerous WRs for his age group already. He's 6 foot 7! I think you will see him in the Olympics in a few years. He just rowed (I think) close to a 6:00 2K and he only took up OTW two years ago yet won the world championships already for his age group in a single. Lives in Idaho on a lake and he's homeschooled so spends a ridiculous amount of time on the water.

That sounds like a lovely vacation. And yeah that kid is massive - I looked him up and his size, passion, access to the water, and access to a single are clearly all major assets. That and it sounds like he has good kinesthetic awareness.

No sculling to day in favor of sleep (woke up at 5 instead of 4:15) and doing the fun balancing act that is taking care of my mental health in ways that I'm not used to (what do you mean I can't just push myself to do everything?!). I did do my planned TrainerRoad workout. TR had some issues with my smart trainer part way through (which seem to be resolved) which was annoying but not the end of the world.

Gl_VarB3B_X0rn49wB8Uvs6GPX8Q1prdEgYdcTbr1kY-2048x1365.jpg
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,012 Member
    Just another fun-for-me, bores-the-reader spin class, average heart rate 126, max heart rate 159 (2 beats above my age-estimated max :lol: ! Don't worry, actual max is around another 22 up from there.) A little over half the class Z3, some above and (of course) below.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Crazy Tuesday - one class.down on usual.

60min stair workout with trainer, absolute leg burner.

5/3/1 cycle 4 week 2 shoulder press plus accessories. Still working on finding the sweet weight for the 15 rep sets.
    3x15@15kg clean and press (going to up this again next week)
    3x15@15kg bicep curl (not sure if I'm upping this last couple in each set we're a struggle)
    3x15@12.5kg skull crushers (again not sure if I'm going to increase.weight)

3x10@6kg single arm kb clean and press (this is a new exercise for me and trying to master it before getting serious with weight).
    Stretch

30min interval run - 15min warm up, (3min threshold/2min recover)×3. On point first 2 intervals but just out of threshold pace for last interval.

45min insanity class

45min boxercise class
  • MikePfirrman
    edited September 2019
    2 X 27 minutes/3 rest @ 2:27 pace/16 SPM (Indoor Rowing). HR crept a little higher than I like (155) but at least it was consistent pace throughout. I think the DF, drag factor, might have been pushing it a bit. 5510 meters and 5509 meters.
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    15 minute walk warmup
    Squats 5x5
    OHP 5x5
    Deadlifts 1x5
    40 burpees
  • LilyStrong
    LilyStrong Posts: 2 Member
    Bootcamp HIIT...legs/bicep/cardio. It was a killer 😅
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    edited September 2019
    A couple minutes on my stepper, 22 minutes on treadmill (including warmup/cooldown). After brunch and downtime, it was my pool therapy day (it's called "next steps") and that entailed 35 minutes of hip related exercises and 15 minutes pedaling (while floatng in place).
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    9/3/2019

In hot Scottsdale beginning a vacation. Very long drive. Inspected workout room and splashed in warm water pool late evening.

We’ll see what happens tomorrow. As a minimum, I’ll do a decent treadmill running workout.
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    60 minutes cycling in a neoprene jumpsuit
  • mrsjar5311
    mrsjar5311 Posts: 514 Member
    60 minutes walk - 30 minutes fast paced and uphill. 30 minutes downhill. In driving rain and wind. I was so, so wet and longed very much for a sauna but had to shower and start work. Boo hiss!

30 minutes bodypump session.

45 minutes stretching exercises. I'm so sore!
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yesterday: Barre Fit class, 45 mins.

I’m running into a problem with logging, though; it turns out I gauge how hardcore a class is by how much effort it takes, but as I’m pretty fit these days I’m not getting sweaty and out of breath at most things anymore...

(Also, should I ‘count’ my morning physio? It takes over 15 mins and involves glute bridges with my feet on a bench...)
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    45mins RPM then 1hr karate
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Wednesday - renamed long run Wednesday

My wednesday routine has changed significantly (a big deal when you're autistic), and I no longer do early morning sprints with my trainer.

Instead I'm doing my long runs on Wednesday, today it was 8 easy miles. Love where I live and today I shared the bridle path with a deer, it was just in front of me for around half a mile. Of course I had to stop and take a photo.

Tonight's PiYo class has been cancelled, so I did a Beachbody on Demand PiYo stretch and flow workout, because I find that that style of stretching really eases my aching legs. Added a pigeon pose and straddle stretch to the end and my legs feel almost as good as new.
  • MikePfirrman
    edited September 2019
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    Yesterday: Barre Fit class, 45 mins.

I’m running into a problem with logging, though; it turns out I gauge how hardcore a class is by how much effort it takes, but as I’m pretty fit these days I’m not getting sweaty and out of breath at most things anymore...

(Also, should I ‘count’ my morning physio? It takes over 15 mins and involves glute bridges with my feet on a bench...)

You seem really fit based on the long hikes you take. Entirely up to you to count it! Glute bridges are great exercise.

I find that same thing now with exercise classes. When I started losing weight, I was (by far) the worst one in the class. Now, 10 years later, most don't challenge me enough to attend. I'd have to join CrossFit to challenge me and I'm not paying that much to have someone push me. I can do it myself and save $150 to $200 a month!

@ Aoyoke - I was kind of chuckling at you having to do that 5K TT this Winter. I detest those. Got back from vacation and checked out the ITC (Interclub Challenge) and the CTC (Cross Team Challenge) and the ITC this month is a 5K TT. What fun! Karma.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    9/3
    am
    Yoga
    Strength
    Handstand Pushup - GTG
    *On a Yoga Block
    5 x 3 (15)
    Pull-ups - GTG
    5 x 6 (30)
    Cossack Squat - GTG
    5 x 8 (40)
    Meditate

pm
    Yoga
    Ashtanga Sun Salutation A - 10 Rounds
    Strength
    Pull-up - EMOM for 15m (75)
    1-5 x 6 (30)
    6-10 x 5 (25)
    11-15 x 4 (20)
    Skills
    Handstand kick-ups for balance 5 x 5
    Specificity
    Compression Drills 3 x 10

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,012 Member
    7k row in the double, easy steady state, though there were some technical challenges in the part where we were rowing upstream straight into a gusty wind from the NW. A skinny boat with rowers sitting up in it makes a pretty good sail, and so do the blades when you square them up to drop them in the water. :lol: