What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• christineO1972
    christineO1972 Posts: 2 Member
    I even went back today!!! Lol! 30 minute hiit and some upper body work on the machines!! Go me!!!
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    6.3mi recovery run. 60min.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 966 Member
    edited August 2019
    Yesterday evening, I did 8k on the indoor rower. It was 2.21 pace, not the fastest or slowest over this distance got me

Today at lunch, I did 1 hour yoga.
    I did 2 hours' bouldering in the evening, at the Arch. This is a new gym for me - it is massive. I got one V3 and a few v2s.
  • AZTeri2016
    AZTeri2016 Posts: 77 Member
    Worked out with my trainer - rainbow slams, kettlebell lifts, dumbbell curl and lift, TRX Y, plank rows, leg lifts, side sit ups, ball roll outs - a couple more I don’t remember right now. Afterwards, i walked on the treadmill at 3.5 miles an hour for 30 minutes. Didn’t do as much as I do other days of the week but that’s because tomorrow we are planning a 24-26 mile ride.
  • slimdownt
    slimdownt Posts: 105 Member
    0t8ac2gpc7lx.jpg
  • mallinds
    mallinds Posts: 26 Member
    Pure barre
  • allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    70min on the treadmill with incline. Would have preferred doing something outdoors - but allergies.
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    edited August 2019
    Nice day, so I went to apartment complex pool instead of fitness center and did 25 minutes water walking, 25 minutes water calisthenics and 10 minutes of swimming (continued efforts to maintain and improve fitness and mobility after two hip replacements this year)
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    I woke up in a pretty lethargic and exhausted mood so I walked 5.5km then did a 25 minute hard cycle (uphill race) all so I could have my fav almond and cacao drink but the almond milk wasn’t the normal stuff and it tasted funny and my day is still sucky. So yeah, walk and bike lol
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited August 2019
    An hour and a half on Zwift. I was going to to my alma mater's gym and use the erg, but they're closed this week (presumably for deep cleaning related reasons). Thankfully I found out about this when I was at my favorite coffee shop as opposed to when I got to the gym.

Turns out I really enjoy one of the newer courses (so I did two full loops of that. A few decisions have been made. 1. I am not going to give up on Zwift Academy. I'm simply unwilling to do those three remaining group rides and/or races. 2. I need more cardio - it is currently my "limiting factor" and most of the time my HR doesn't get as high as I'd like it to get when I'm rowing on the water. When we're doing race pieces/races - yes, but otherwise right now it's still very much about technique as opposed to, "aerobically I did a lot" even when I am going 100% by the nature of how long our pieces are and because of how much I'm focusing on my own technique. That's not a bad thing, but it means I need to do more on my own.

So, new plan - rowing OTW is as normal and then TrainerRoad's sweet spot base plan which is three days a week and figuring out when to erg once a week. That will probably mean not doing the prescribed once weekly 90 min ride on TR which I'm ok with. That's especially true given that I am very keen on not getting injured by way of doing too much. If I go with the above plan, that also doesn't increase the amount of two a days I've been doing and still gives me one rest day. I should also note that the sweet spot base plan will likely be better for me, in terms of building my aerobic base, than the Zwift Academy has been. It will be interesting to see if my FTP has gone up and by how much when I do a ramp test on Monday though (bleck test but yay data...or something like that).
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    8/30/2019 - rest day.
  • tk2222
    tk2222 Posts: 199 Member
    Back in the pool after fieldwork all summer - did 20 slow breaststroke laps, and got in a little over 10k steps (not on purpose, bus was early this morning and I missed it so just walked in to work, plus a couple of errands got there pretty easy.)
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    warnongbri wrote: »
    I woke up in a pretty lethargic and exhausted mood so I walked 5.5km then did a 25 minute hard cycle (uphill race) all so I could have my fav almond and cacao drink but the almond milk wasn’t the normal stuff and it tasted funny and my day is still sucky. So yeah, walk and bike lol

You'll be proud, I took a page out of your book and did a 90 min hike up and down a small mountain.

Also 60 mins of soccer and some back and ab gym stuff.

I'm currently stuffing my face.

Nice work everyone, this thread is great motivation!
    warnongbri wrote: »

You'll be proud, I took a page out of your book and did a 90 min hike up and down a small mountain.

Also 60 mins of soccer and some back and ab gym stuff.

I'm currently stuffing my face.

Nice work everyone, this thread is great motivation!
    I’m so glad! I hope you enjoyed it!
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Last night- 60 minute Krav Maga class. The warmup included 70 burpees, ugh. But the rest of the class was pretty technique focused.
    Today- 60 minute Krav Maga conditioning class in the morning, short hike this afternoon
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I'm about to head out and run a trail, a bit more than 4 miles. Meant to do it yesterday but I kept getting woken up in the night and couldn't face getting out of bed when the time came so I swam mid-morning instead. Gotta beat the heat just now!
  • pierinifitness
    jnomadica wrote: »
    Last night- 60 minute Krav Maga class. The warmup included 70 burpees, ugh. But the rest of the class was pretty technique focused.
    Today- 60 minute Krav Maga conditioning class in the morning, short hike this afternoon

Burpees are the real deal. I’ve included them in two workouts the past two weeks after dodging them for probably over six months. They’re now back in my training rotation.

Great job.

• firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Saturday

Around 10 miles altogether riding my bike

Bootcamp- urgh lots and lots and lots of burpees, around 100

30min easy paced trail run
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    jnomadica wrote: »

Burpees are the real deal. I’ve included them in two workouts the past two weeks after dodging them for probably over six months. They’re now back in my training rotation.

Great job.

Thanks! We had another 37 today in addition to the normal already-really-hard conditioning class (we do “birthday burpees”, so whoever has a birthday, we do as many as their age:)

• pierinifitness
    edited August 2019
    8/31/2019 - late morning at park.

#1 - weighted alternating pull-ups and chin-ups with 24kg KB every 3:00 - 8 x 3 + 2 x 4 and the bonus BW pull-ups x 10 in 29:42 for total of 42 reps - walking recovery between rounds total 0.82 miles - average HR = 99 bpm (55 percent) maximum HR = 151 bpm (84 percent) total 143 calories.

#2 - Double overhead press with pair of 24kg KB - 10 x 3 = 30 reps in 27:15 - attempted 4th rep for rounds 9 a 10 but no go - walking recovery between rounds total 0.71 miles - average HR = 107 bpm (59 percent) maximum HR = 140 bpm (78 percent) total 139 calories.

#3 - burpees x 5 every 0:45 for 10 rounds and 50 burpees in 7:05 - average HR = 146 bpm (81 percent) maximum HR = 164 bpm (91 percent) total 60 calories.

Today is the one-year anniversary of my current fitness, health and wellness journey. Began on August 31, 2018 at morning BW of 210.8 lbs. and this morning was 169.6 lbs. Decided to visit my training journal on August 31, 2018; this is what I did along with my notes for that day:

Barbell overhead press lbs. - 110x3 - 115x3 - 120x3 - 125x2 - 125x3 - 125x2 - total reps =16 - off day.

Pull-ups - 5 - 5 - 5 - 5 - 3 - 3 - decent effort.

Treadmill walking - 2 minutes each and then increase incline % - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 then 1 minute each 1 - 8 - 1 - 9 - 1 - 10 then 8 minutes 1 for total of 30 minutes and 2.0 miles.

Haven’t done barbell overhead press work in a long time but could probably match that workout. About 7 years ago, I was good for 135 x 10 and 175 for a single.

Can do 100 rep pull-ups workouts now and weighted pull-ups. Recently tested one set max at 15 reps. Still, impressed with last year’s pull-ups workout at 210.8 lbs.

Can now run 8 miles non-stop, maybe longer so good progress in that department thanks to lighter BW. Running slower, however, than what I did in my past.

At age 64, I'm pleased where I'm at today and blessed. I don't take it for granted.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    17km in an 8 today. We went way past where we normally do which was cool. There were also two massive wakes caused by two pleasure boats. One of said boats was bearing down on the 4 that was behind us and then made a somewhat last minute turn (thank flipping god). Our cox tried to make us row through the first wake which was an, interesting and ultimately bad idea. We were already stationary and waiting for the 4 during the second one.

We also are rowing out of our new boat yard now and the dock is...not ideal. I'm not looking forward to dealing with it tomorrow during sculling. It's also not easy land on when we're coming back to dock. I was talking with one of our former college rowers this morning and we speculated that it's going to be a matter of someone needing to be on the dock to help pull people in. Non-rowers one way to help people dock, if they're close enough, is to have someone standing on the dock and have that person grab onto the blade of an oar and pull/push the boat in the direction it needs to go.
    But in better news, we're getting a second men's coach and he's really good. Like, raced at the World Rowing Championships in Austria this week, good (when I found that bit out I was like, "oh I may have seen him on TV earlier this week"). This will be great because it means that the boats the men's team take out can get way more individual attention. It also means we won't be scrambling for coaching when our main coach can't be there for whatever reason (vacation, family emergency, etc).