Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• lporter229lporter229 Posts: 4,839Member Member Posts: 4,839Member Member
    30 minute dog walk this morning. This evening will be a 60 minute run with 36 minutes at tempo (7:30-8 min/mile) pace. Weather is terrific today so I am really looking forward to it.

FWIW, I am training for Chicago marathon in October, which is why my workouts are so run focused at the moment. Looking forward to doing more strength and plyo when it's done.
    edited August 29
  • shaf238shaf238 Posts: 2,895Member Member Posts: 2,895Member Member
    Back & Shoulders Hypertrophy:

Seated Cable Rows x 3 sets
    Bent Over Barbell Rows x 3 sets
    T Bar Row x 2 sets
    Diverging Lat Pull Down x 3 sets superset with seated bent over dumbbell row
    Pull Ups x 2 sets superset with face pulls
    Close Grip Cable Pull Down x 2 sets
    Barbell Shoulder Press x 3 sets
    Seated Dumbbell Press x 3 sets
    Shrugs x 2 sets
    Lateral Raises x 3 sets superset with Front Plate Raise
  • sherrsunthasherrsuntha Posts: 54Member Member Posts: 54Member Member
    I did different kinds of exersize with weights,and my kettle bell. I also did squats, pushups, sit-ups and two yoga poses. I did two sets of ten with 2 2 pound weights and a 2kg kettle bell. I'm just starting out with this so it isn't much.
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 2,985Member Member Posts: 2,985Member Member
    Woke up at 3:15ish to thunder and lightning. No rowing for me (or anyone else this morning).
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Posts: 12,162Member Member Posts: 12,162Member Member
    Just another spin class.
    9guanrq3dn88.png
  • hmhill17hmhill17 Posts: 172Member Member Posts: 172Member Member
    54 minute walk about 3.75 MPH. Another 30 on the desk elliptical. Some dumbells (bent row, stiff legged dead lift, scaption, tricep extensions.) And 10 minutes of Mountain Climb, Mountain Climb Daddy (Yup, I'm the mountain)
  • firef1y72firef1y72 Posts: 1,451Member Member Posts: 1,451Member Member
    Thursday.

30min stair workout with PT, legs felt like jelly afterwards

Short run, did plan on a lovely trail run but realised I'd forgotten my phone and turned back.

5/3/1 cycle 4 week 1 squats, finally squatting heavier than benching.
    Plus a few accessories
    ([email protected] sumo squats, [email protected] straight leg kb deadlifts, [email protected] single leg deadlifts (each leg), deep stretch)

45min circuits

• pierinifitnesspierinifitness Posts: 2,345Member, Premium Member Posts: 2,345Member, Premium Member
    8/29/2019 - at park during noon hour.

#1 = Kettlebell carries complex with 24kg KB - waiter carry R then L, rack carry R then L and suitcase carry R then L for 1:00 each carry with 0:15 transition time between carries - total time 7:30 - no HR stats.

#2 = Sprint 8 running workout - run fast 0:30 walk/jog recovery for 1:30 for 8 rounds = 1.43 miles in 16:00 - average HR = 146 bpm (81 percent) maximum HR = 181 bpm (100 percent) total 155 calories - fast run mile pace equivalent fastest 5:56 for 1st round- slowest 6:22 for 7th round - average 6:07 for 8 rounds.
  • ROBOTFOODROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,531Member Member Posts: 5,531Member Member
    6mi medium progressive run to 7:40 pace
  • jnomadicajnomadica Posts: 280Member Member Posts: 280Member Member
    2 miles of various sprints/races, all designed on the fly by my son. One was a traffic light race, involving red (stop), yellow (walk), green (run), blue (squats), and purple (lunges). Great fun, we laughed a lot and were both pretty tired and sweaty by the end!
  • firef1y72firef1y72 Posts: 1,451Member Member Posts: 1,451Member Member
    Friday yayday.

Suffering from some pretty intense DOMS from yesterdays sumo squats (my trainer is only sad that they're not from her workout), but that doesn't stop me.

30min slam ball workout with trainer.

2 mile (each way) hike with my boys

45min total body conditioning class, it's amazing how many different movements involve the inner thighs.

5k treadmill run. Did a blind run where I set up the distance and then covered the display, putting the speed up and down as necessary. (29.01, which is just about my fastest 5k in a very long time)
  • lporter229lporter229 Posts: 4,839Member Member Posts: 4,839Member Member
    Today is a rest day and I am going to enjoy every bit of it. I did a 30 minute dog walk this morning. I plan to walk some more at lunch and this evening and do a bit of yoga and foam rolling. Tomorrow I need to be out the door at 5AM to get a 20 mile run in before we head out of town.
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Posts: 12,162Member Member Posts: 12,162Member Member
    Rowed bow in a quad with my most frequent double partner in stroke, and two newer rowers in 2 & 3. (Non-rowers: Boat positions have numbers, starting with bow = 1) Only 6.9k: Tends to be a tiny bit shorter in the quad because I get conservative about where to call the turn: We approach the end-point bridges much faster in the quad. :lol:

Sometimes it's good, post-row, to have a 2 seat who's an almost-fully-educated osteopathic medicine student, and a 3 seat who's head of the massage therapy education program at the local community college. ;)
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 2,985Member Member Posts: 2,985Member Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Rowed bow in a quad with my most frequent double partner in stroke, and two newer rowers in 2 & 3. (Non-rowers: Boat positions have numbers, starting with bow = 1) Only 6.9k: Tends to be a tiny bit shorter in the quad because I get conservative about where to call the turn: We approach the end-point bridges much faster in the quad. :lol:

Sometimes it's good, post-row, to have a 2 seat who's an almost-fully-educated osteopathic medicine student, and a 3 seat who's head of the massage therapy education program at the local community college. ;)

Heh - one of the people on the men's team just became a licensed physical therapist and has discount cards floating around for people in my club. And then there's the person who does ski patrol, at least one personal trainer, etc etc ;)
  • christineO1972christineO1972 Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    I even went back today!!! Lol! 30 minute hiit and some upper body work on the machines!! Go me!!!
  • ROBOTFOODROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,531Member Member Posts: 5,531Member Member
    6.3mi recovery run. 60min.
  • drmwcdrmwc Posts: 179Member, Premium Member Posts: 179Member, Premium Member
    Yesterday evening, I did 8k on the indoor rower. It was 2.21 pace, not the fastest or slowest over this distance got me

Today at lunch, I did 1 hour yoga.
    I did 2 hours' bouldering in the evening, at the Arch. This is a new gym for me - it is massive. I got one V3 and a few v2s.
    edited August 30
  • AZTeri2016AZTeri2016 Posts: 68Member, Premium Member Posts: 68Member, Premium Member
    Worked out with my trainer - rainbow slams, kettlebell lifts, dumbbell curl and lift, TRX Y, plank rows, leg lifts, side sit ups, ball roll outs - a couple more I don’t remember right now. Afterwards, i walked on the treadmill at 3.5 miles an hour for 30 minutes. Didn’t do as much as I do other days of the week but that’s because tomorrow we are planning a 24-26 mile ride.
  • slimdowntslimdownt Posts: 84Member, Premium Member Posts: 84Member, Premium Member