What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Sunday. - active rest day.

Did a very easy 2 miles to keep my running streak going. I'll get in my 20000 steps during the day? But no more intentional exercise until tomorrow.
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Just casual farm work this morning then nothing. Back into full days starting tomorrow.
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    2 hour hike today.
    Been pushing pretty hard this week and thinking tomorrow needs to be a full rest day.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    I didn't get an email about the time of Sunday's sculling practice changing and thus no rowing today. I ended up walking around for an hour playing pokemon go. I also decided to start the Sweet Spot Base plan early with a ramp test and then a half an hour ride after that. My FTP went up 2% to exactly the number that Garmin had predicted it was on my last Zwift ride (garmin then thought that it went up another 5 watts which makes me want to figure out how Garmin is doing this). I'm pleased with that gain given how little structured bike training I've been doing as of late.

gUouDCq8xTqECtQ5nvv5LHafiO_zBqegqnMXV8G999M-2048x1365.jpg

I did a half an hour workout at the new FTP and it felt, if anything, maybe a tad too easy towards the second half (see the above picture). The first interval was hardish (appropriate level of hard), the second was easier, and the last two were of the "oh ok I could keep going but I am kind of looking forward to this ending" type. That said, a 5 min interval is a lot easier than an 8 minute interval so I suspect my current FTP is appropriate.
  • iamosamasalah
    iamosamasalah Posts: 2 Member
    Liift4 week 2 day 1 chest and triceps
  • Looking at some of the post here and I feel like Im 900lbs like some one did 70 burpees..and another did 70min on the treadmill with an incline. Yea I would need medical assistance.

Today was a mental battle as I hate leaving my place on the weekend's esp bc of my anxiety but didn't want to feel restricted from movement in my apartment because of noise complaints.

Treadmill sprints 5.7-5.8 up a 1.5 incline then 10 mins of 10-15%incline at 2.5 speed. Then did upper body supersets working back and shoulders. My arms are still sore from Thursday's workout so I may need assistance tomorrow lol.
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    So today was/is HIIT followed by 3hrs push moving very long grass (1/2 acre), 5km walk and bodypump class.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,610 Member
    Today is rest day, during which I realized I didn't post yesterday's - you guessed it - row. Specifically, 6.8k in the quad, a little more continuous than last week, as the line-up this time was fit enough to row bridge-to-bridge without additional rest breaks. (There are sort of automatic water breaks at the bridges, because we have to stop & spin the boat anyway, so might as well drink, too.)
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Currently cycling, but I'm getting a pain in my left ankle, trying to use my right foot for the majority of the pressure
  • aokoye
    edited September 2019
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Today is rest day, during which I realized I didn't post yesterday's - you guessed it - row. Specifically, 6.8k in the quad, a little more continuous than last week, as the line-up this time was fit enough to row bridge-to-bridge without additional rest breaks. (There are sort of automatic water breaks at the bridges, because we have to stop & spin the boat anyway, so might as well drink, too.)

The next time I'm in your neck of the woods I might have to ask you if we can go sculling together :)
  • BachataDancer
    BachataDancer Posts: 77 Member
    I did half an hour of upper body and core and somehow burst a vessel in my eyeball 👀
  • owr35
    owr35 Posts: 6 Member
    Spent nearly two hours in the gym and felt my hammies literally shake by the dumbbell deadlifts lol
    Hamstring/curls
    4x12 cable pull through
    6x12 dumbbell deadlifts
    4x12 hamstrung curls
    4x12 each leg single leg db
    6x20 cable deadlifts

Back
    4x20 Seated cable rows
    4x12 Face pulls
    4x12 Rear prone delt Series (T to Y) SS w/10 lateral raise
    4x16 Chest supported rows
    4x16 Single side lat pull downs
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    9/1/2019 - rest day.
  • AnnPT77
    aokoye wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

The next time I'm in your neck of the woods I might have to ask you if we can go sculling together :)

Please do! :) (Bring low expectations. :lol: )
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 966 Member
    31 August
    Lifting. Worked up to squat (90 kgs) and bench (55 kgs) both for 3 sets of 5.

1 September
    Bouldering. Not a bad session - I got a couple of new routes at v2 or v3 level. I also tried the exercise of going up something easy 4 times without using a limb (one time per limb). It was hard.

I am toying with the idea of bouldering this evening, which would make it 3 days out of 4. This may be silly...

• firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Monday

Been a bit of a change around in my training schedule.

30min sprints with trainer, legs were in shock as mondays session used to ease me in to the week and today was mostly hill sprints

Gym session
    5/3/1 cycle 4 week 2 bench plus accessories still working out weights needed for higher reps
    5x15@25kg (going to put this up next week)
    3x10@20kg close grip (going to up reps to 12)
    3x15@6kg incline dumbbell bench (going to up this)
    3x15@8kg decline dumbbell bench (going to up this)

2500m on the rower, nice and easy to cool down at 2:50/500m pace

Stretch

45min circuits class

• aokoye
    13km in a quad. I think that's the longest I've ever sculled. It was a bit hairy at times for the first half but our row back to the dock was fantastic. I felt more or less fine afterword but apparently my body is really feeling it because I took two shortish naps when I got home (after eating breakfast).
  • AnnPT77
    Around 6.8k, rowing bow in a quad.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    9/2/2019 - mid afternoon.

#1 - bar dips x 5 - every 0:55 - 16 x 5 plus 2 x 10 = 100 bar dips in 15:48 - average HR = 110 bpm (61 percent) maximum HR = 149 bpm (83 percent) total 84 calories.

#2 - alternating pull-ups and chin-ups - 20 x 3 + 4 x 4 + 12 x 2 = 100 reps in 25:41 - average HR = 113 bpm (63 percent) maximum HR = 142 bpm (79 percent) total 145 calories.

#3 - run timed trial 1 mile in 8:02 - average HR = 158 bpm (88 percent) maximum HR = 164 bpm (91 percent) total 105 calories - off day, breathing hard, legs felt heavy and 97F degrees at 3:00 pm - 0:12 slower than last timed trial, got some work to do.

Headed to Arizona for vacation and will be staying at nice hotel with gym so probably will double up on running with lots of treadmill work and giving KB training a time out.