WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,474 Member
    edited March 2020
    Colby called last night. He said he has a cough and he thinks a fever, do we still want him to come for Jess' birthday. Vince told him "just distance yourself, you and Jess might want to consider sleeping in separate beds. We certainly can accommodate that".

Well, he took that (according to Jess) to mean that Vince said "no". I have a suspicion that his temp is higher and so he decided not to come.

We were concerned that I might have been exposed to C-19 as the first case in Catawba County was in the assisted living facility where Newcomers play mahjongg. Even tho I haven't been there in a while, I know that the one lady whose house we play at on Mondays is a big time player and was probably there.

As it turns out, they haven't been there since the first Friday in March. She said she got the feeling that pretty soon we'd be asked not to come there so she started going somewhere else. Was that a relief to me. My understanding is that this place is real nice. It is closer to me, so hopefully, if word gets out that it's a nice place, more people will come to Conover (which is one town over from me, not far at all)

Jess wants Olive Garden for her birthday. I was planning to have lasagna and Vince said "I don't need to spend the money going to OG". you know, a while ago she called to ask about how to save money on food. We told her one thing would be to eat at home and not out somewhere. We shall see. I know she said that she wants to lose weight, but she's been snacking on potato chips. There's just so much I can do. Vince wants to see if PetSmart has Lexi's food Tuesday so maybe I'll stop in at Aldi (across the street) and get some granola bars that I'll eat if she doesn't eat them. If there're here, maybe she'll eat that rather than potato chips. Well, when the potato chips are gone, they're gone. I'm not buying any more, at least for a while.

Going to get to like I was when the kids were small. Didn't buy things for a while

Michele NC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Carol Yep, Sharon's daughter lives near enough that she saw the ambulance lights when Sharon had to go to the hospital. Hopefully by now, Sharon has called her to ask for help with food.

>>>

Sharing this little video of the joyous daily basketball game next door - 6 kids, all homeschooled. Brings happiness to our lives. We can hear them playing every day:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LuyhaU2HckE3rf1MIANUDxIVZIlgDY_S/view?usp=sharing
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,133 Member
    1106241cyq8lup5ij.gif

:)Heather, Your pizza looks awesome. What a great gift from your family.
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    :)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,203 Member
    edited March 2020
    Michelle thank you for the reminder. Past time to focus just on my family and myself. I packed up many things today. Becasue if I have to chose which household to be in it wil be our sons. He is too fragile to be left alone all day. I asked when they discharged him for two months of meds. No goes against current insurance practices. Even the medical establishment doesn't get it. I do know our politician are three days behind in what they are doing, so I am extra careful. Wet wipes gloves masks for me. I did come up with a homemade mask today, We need masks too but I understand medical comes first. I did donate 2 of the 5 masks I had. That is part of why I came up with my mask. Unfortuantely you do need the top of the line furnace filter becasuse that one filters out viruses. Expensive and then you have to cut into it. You also need the stretch material you find in Zumba pants. So I know it is hard to get those materials for many of you. Those of you who are just starting to get hit and I don't know if that is any of you. So busy haven't paid attention you still might be able to get these materials. It is on my Facebook page and only requires you be able to sew one line and no elastic straps. I wish I had come up with it 3 weeks ago.

I have decided only to call imediate family members during this time and if time will Facebook other friends.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,808 Member
    Managing not to badly after over a week of social distancing. Only going out if absolutely necessary, and keeping our distance when we do. It's heartening to see how resourceful most of us are. It's so odd to see how obsessed people are,with TP supplies. I think it the least of my worries. When I was a child in the late 40s early 50s when there was still rationing, only very rich people bought the stuff the rest of us recycled the daily newspapers. 😂

Today was Mother's Day in U.K. We had planned a joint family celebration that and DEGSs birthday on the 31 of March, but decided to cancel it. My younger daughter organised a Skype meet up this afternoon and it worked fine. DED had an M&S fruit basket delivered. DYD sent a bouquet. Such thoughtful girls.

The weather was quite Spring like today, so DH and I went for a walk in our local linear park. Not many people about, and those who were were being as cautious as ourselves.

(((Hugs))) to those of you who need them, especially Sharon.
    A thousand thanks to those of you who are in the front line.

We can do this!

☘️ Terri

PS: Way behind again. 😂 But too tired to read any more.
    Page 75
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,448 Member
    QUESTION :How do you think this period will have changed society, positively and negatively or mixedly, in medium and long term when we are allowed back to regular life? In one year? In 5 years? What do you think will have likely changed definitively or semi-definitively?

Given that I doubt we'll be fully "allowed back to regular life" for at least a year ... I think it will change society. How it will change, remains to be seen.

M in Oz
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,582 Member
    Heather - That's the best looking food I've seen all day. Happy Mother's Day to you UK ladies!

Some germ chit-chat:
    Went for afternoon walk with my retired nurse friend. She said something that really struck me. She said everyone should look at this virus as not only something we don't want to catch, it's something WE don't want to spread.

Hence. start or keep up the social distancing, staying away from or really sanitizing after being in businesses, pumping gas, etc. We might have it, be spreading it and not even know it.

We don't want to be catching anything, even a simple cold, that could stress our immune system and complicate things in a hurry if we catch this bug. With my allergies, I am a little concerned but have ramped up my vitamins, especially vitamin C, and am eating healthier than I have in a while.

I don't want to be the carrier that infects my husband.
    Stay safe, peeps!

Lanette
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,063 Member
    Pppp
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,203 Member
    edited March 2020
    :heart:

We too practice distancing here in that we use separate bathrooms. DH hangs out mostly in our den and I hang out in Marguaritaville in the basement. At son's son has a favorite chair and I hang out on the couch at the fat end. I wonder if the will do away with cigarates and vaping products because this illness attacks the lungs. I wish they would because of the health risks and the increased permanent damage to lungs if you get the worse version.
  • LuciBThinner
    LuciBThinner Posts: 207 Member
    Machka Great list of things you are grateful for…I love that you gel painted your fingernails in different colors. Sounds cheery!

BananasandOranges Good to see you again! You’ve been missed!

Annie Stress is no fun!!

Kylia Great flower pics!

Amber Did your Aunt die from CoVid19? I’m so very sorry for your loss!

SuzyQ Great looking meal! LOL on the funny memes!

Heather Wonderful family pics!

Carol So proud of you and DH for letting your renter have time to pay rent! Wish everyone would take that initiative!

Margaret I love that you have Marguaritaville in the basement!

Tomorrow morning DH goes to Dr if he waits until then. Off to bed until then. Love to All! Stay Healthy and Safe!! <3 Luci in WNC